The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:13:18 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  problem again
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: problem again  (Read 2111 times)
hammersmith
Zebranky food

View Profile
problem again
« on: March 10, 2007, 10:03:50 am »

Im in hyperspace in Zoq'Fot area, and i get all the time in batlles there, and theres no end to the batlles + I have to face Ur-Quans. Is there a way to stop this?
Valaggar

Email
Re: problem again
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 10:15:44 am »

hammersmith, Ur-Quan ships are slow, you can evade them in hyperspace.
Plus, Ur-Quans can be easily beaten by Spathi Eluders. If you don't have one, you can anyway run away.
Don't forget to build many thrusters - they should be your first priority. Extract many minerals for building thrusters.
waywardoctagon
*Many bubbles*

More information...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 10:48:20 am »

Save more often (when you're in HyperSpace and there aren't any encounter globes around, that's the time to save).  Then you'll be able to reset if you get surrounded and can't fight your way out.
hammersmith
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 11:55:03 am »

But im ina situation where these black thingys (= other ships?) are surrounding me in hyperspace, and i dont have an earlier save.
Valaggar

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 12:24:37 pm »

What ships do you have? You'll beat them with a Spathi, and with much practise even with a ZoqFot, but an Earthling Cruiser can't beat them.

If you don't have a Spathi or ZoqFot, then you need to use your Emergency Warp Unit.
While in combat with any ship, press Esc. The ship will turn red and become immobile and eventually leave the Melee arena. Be warned, however, this renders you vulnerable to enemy fire.
If you Esc with the Flagship, you completely leave combat.
I would do like this: Fight with the Flagship and immediately press Esc to leave. Damage is unavoidable, but that's it.

If this doesn't work, consider cheating to make your Cruiser ultra-strong. I'll upload such a cheat immediately.
hammersmith
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 12:32:32 pm »

I do press ESC, but when it goes back to hyperspace it sucks my ship in to another fight........
Novus
Enlightened

Fot or not?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2007, 12:48:25 pm »

I do press ESC, but when it goes back to hyperspace it sucks my ship in to another fight........
You could try repeatedly defeating or escaping from the Ur-Quan, but I suspect you're unavoidably dead (you can get stuck in a situation where new ships appear faster than you can get away from them, especially if your flagship is slow). It's very easy to get into a "no-win" situation in UQM by charging blindly into hostile space with a badly equipped fleet (for example; there are lots of other ways to mess up).

RTFM = Read the fine manual.
RTTFAQ = Read the Ur-Quan Masters Technical FAQ.
Elvish Pillager
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 12:56:01 pm »

What ships do you have? You'll beat them with a Spathi, and with much practise even with a ZoqFot, but an Earthling Cruiser can't beat them.
An Earthling Cruiser can beat Ur-Quan Dreadnoughts fairly easily. A lucky and well played Cruiser can beat AI Kohr-Ah as well.

My team of four Androsynth and three Chmmr is the most unfair team ever!
My mod
Elvish Pillager
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 01:23:18 pm »

Elvish Pillager: Yes, you're right, just keep far from the planet and the Quan... but to beat several battlegroup with a single Cruiser is too much in my opinion.
Indeed.

My team of four Androsynth and three Chmmr is the most unfair team ever!
My mod
hammersmith
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2007, 03:00:19 pm »

thanks to everyone, i try to get out of there..
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length