The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:55:18 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Starbase Café (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Your Nickname's Origin?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Your Nickname's Origin?  (Read 37115 times)
Valaggar

Email
Your Nickname's Origin?
« on: April 09, 2007, 08:30:30 am »

I bet everybody is curious to hear everybody's nick origin.

For example, my nickname, "Valaggar"... if you just want to guess don't read this!  Wink

...I needed support for Heroes of Might and Magic and had to register of Ubisoft's site. I thought to choose a nick of someone in the series, and thought of Falagar(that's a Warlock from HoMM2 whose look I liked). This name was already taken, so I changed it to Valaggar. I liked the nick, and I kept it.

Now I don't acknowledge any link whatsoever between my nick and Falagar. I explain my nick as:
"Valiant agar".
ArneNoArm
Zebranky food

View Profile
Re: Your Nickname's Origin?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 11:37:05 am »

Well I got tired of trying to come up with a cool name that no one had taken... After alot of thougth I gave up and just took the first thing that came to me. Have been jusing this name for about a year now and its working quite nicly Grin
Lucas Matheus

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 11:59:48 am »

Well, mine is the name of one of my friends, he he. Unfortunately, so far he doesn't know that I've stolen his name... *sigh*
Ivan Ivanov
*Smell* controller

Internet Piracy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 02:32:19 pm »

Ivan is the Russian version of my true name.
When I was comming up with a screenname for some other forum I had some sort of Russian/Communist obsession.
I knew Ivan was the name I wanted to use, tough it seemed rather short, so without much thought I supplemented it with surname you now see (to my surprise it later turned out it's a real Russian surname too).

Your bruises are reminders of naivete and trust
Lurker
Frungy champion

The Lurker from *Below*

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 05:37:30 pm »

Me? The name comes from the fact that I am usually not very active on any forum. You have heard the term 'forum lurker', yes? I have been lurking around the forums as a quest since UQM 0.3.
But, Valaggar, you were also right.. Kind of. Zerg Lurkers are among my favorite Starcraft units..

Where is the planet when you need it? Straight in front of you. *Crash*

Also, I hate asteroids.
Valaggar

Email
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 06:57:44 pm »

What?!! I'd never have guessed that you like Lurkers... (when I used to like StarCraft, I used to like Zealots)
Of course, I knew the term "forum lurker". In fact, I was a lurker some time ago.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 07:05:34 pm by Valaggar » Logged
countchocula86
*Smell* controller

Culture 20!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 07:25:01 pm »

Its all about the mad zergling rush, supplemented by the occaisonal ultralisk.

My nickname comes from the fact that im brown....like chocolate....hence Count Chocula. (Also I loved the ceral).  The 86 is my birth year.

I like to think you killed a man. It's the romantic in me.
Lurker
Frungy champion

The Lurker from *Below*

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 07:36:44 pm »

What?!! I'd never have guessed that you like Lurkers... (when I used to like StarCraft, I used to like Zealots)
Of course, I knew the term "forum lurker". In fact, I was a lurker some time ago.
I dislike rushing.. I fight.. Sneaky... Terran Ghosts (nukes!) and the Protoss ship that cloaks others (can't recall name) are two my other favorites. But Zeratul is my one favorite. I like other Dark Templars, too..

Where is the planet when you need it? Straight in front of you. *Crash*

Also, I hate asteroids.
countchocula86
*Smell* controller

Culture 20!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 07:46:46 pm »

The arbiter. Good ship, if used effectivly. Cloak a fleet of Carriers, stop defenders with stasis field, then have a chunk of Zealots waiting to be recalled into the heart of the enemy base. Very effective.

Valaggar

Email
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 07:56:58 pm »

Ah, Arbiters? I hate being stasisfielded...

Carrier fleets are not so easy to build.
countchocula86
*Smell* controller

Culture 20!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 08:43:52 pm »

Perhaps we need a Starcraft thread Tongue Only need about 7-8 carriers + arbiter + a few corsairs to deal with missile towers or photon cannons.

Anthony
*Smell* controller

Star Control Lives!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2007, 08:53:46 pm »

A long time ago, I had to register for an e-mail account, and I wanted to use batman, because I think Batman is awesome, but it was taken, and I kept adding numbers at the end, and they were all taken, and eventually, I came up with 4050 (randomly), and I finally got an e-mail address.

And since then, the username just clicked in my head, and it's so easy for me to remember.

Slylendro
*Many bubbles*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 09:27:38 pm »

hmmmmmm I first chose this nick around 7 years ago(man this is SAD), when I entered #starcontrol in efnet to ask questions about the game. and my english was even worse than it is now, so I wrote slylandro wrong.
after a while I realized it's not written like that but I decided to stay as Slylendro when I first started 3d stuff to be better recognized. TO BE SPECIAL HAHAHA : )

It is as though your species' brain is too small to hold a simple thought
such as, WE WILL KILL YOU FOR DISOBEYING!
This is not a complex idea.
0xDEC0DE
*Many bubbles*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 09:46:46 pm »

Hex numbers that look like words.  I think it's funny.  Sod off.  Smiley

Oddly enough, the history of my handle on this forum is oddly more complicated than it should be.  I used to be much more active on here, and with the project at large (I'm in the Changelog so much they decided to put me in the credits, whee!) under a different name, but that account was deleted for various reasons and I switched to anonymous posting with this handle, then re-upped and made the account permanent; although I pretty much lurk anymore.  And real-life commitments have kept me from contributing to the codebase much anymore, a fact that I'm not too pleased about, but not too inclined to change.

"I’m not a robot like you. I don’t like having disks crammed into me… unless they’re Oreos, and then only in the mouth."  --Fry
Elvish Pillager
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2007, 09:47:42 pm »

The first time I used this nick was for the online forums for Battle for Wesnoth, in which there is a unit called the Goblin Pillager... and a race of good-guy Elves... Tongue

My team of four Androsynth and three Chmmr is the most unfair team ever!
My mod
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length