The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:52:12 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  IRC chat with Toys for Bob on 2007-06-13
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print
Author Topic: IRC chat with Toys for Bob on 2007-06-13  (Read 46444 times)
nightshadow
Frungy champion

The PT-Masters are coming...

View Profile
Re: IRC chat with Toys for Bob on 2007-06-13
« Reply #120 on: June 19, 2007, 07:16:43 pm »

I always thought that Starscape worked pretty well (ish) as a game, but the gathering of minerals became tedious (more tedious than that of Star Control 2, even! :O) and that the in-game text was horribly written,  unlike that of Space Rangers 2, which actually was written in Engrish instead of English, but which ingame texts were so extremely funny and descriptive, that it made it all a whole lot of fun.

Yes, I agree that story wise Starscape is not a reference... Smiley... indeed it's pretty cheesy.

What I think would be important for TFB to notice in Starscape is how it's combat looks like an update SC2 engine. I still think that SC2 gameplay is superior but Starscape has some nice battles (i liked the bosses).

And yes... mining got boring very quickly! Smiley

Anyway, thank you guys for organizing this chat with so many people from TFB, and hopefully we have been able to fuel their desire to make a new Star Control (or at least port SC2 to Xbox Live!, which I am sure would be very helpful in getting the needed attention to the franchise).

Best regards,
Night Shadow
guesst
Enlightened

Ancient Shofixti Warrior

View Profile WWW
Re: IRC chat with Toys for Bob on 2007-06-13
« Reply #121 on: June 19, 2007, 08:20:30 pm »

Exactly. My interest in mentioning starscape, as well as the rest of the games that I'd like to pass on for them to try is that if you're making video games for a living it, and others are refining a genre you may some day revisit, it seems to me a good idea to what others are doing with the genre so that you don't re-invent the wheel.

Besides, if they were playing some fo these games perhaps they'd be more inclined to make the sequel.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 08:33:02 pm by guesst » Logged

A new game and it's code each week. Please visit Cymon's Games
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length