The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:43:00 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Starbase Café (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  OH MY!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: OH MY!  (Read 7725 times)
Valaggar

Email
OH MY!
« on: June 29, 2007, 09:58:21 pm »

I've just glanced at my older posts. They were so... frivolous and even downright stupid at times.
You may note that my post count has shrunk down with about 100 posts.
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
Re: OH MY!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 10:09:56 pm »

Deleting posts is never a good idea, since it makes older conversations really hard to follow. Also, posting about how much more mature you've become doesn't seem very... mature? Wink

Still, good luck with the personal evolution, change is what makes us what we are.

What's up doc?
Shiver

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 01:28:08 am »

I've just glanced at my older posts. They were so... frivolous and even downright stupid at times.

Glance at your newer posts.
Cedric6014
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 01:38:13 am »

I'll point out that I'd usually rather read a crazy Valaggar post than nothing at all. There's no need to delete old posts I don't think. Better to write good new ones.

Play online melee here! http://irc.uqm.stack.nl/
Valaggar

Email
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 09:16:30 am »

Maybe, I just couldn't stand the sight of them.

Also, posting about how much more mature you've become doesn't seem very... mature?
Where did I post that?

Glance at your newer posts.
Crazier doesn't mean worse.
Amiga_Nut
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 03:14:42 pm »

I do that as well. GOD! What was I thinking?

I keep my old Amiga on a flash-drive. Tongue

Bluhman
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 12:42:00 am »

For the sake of history and completeness, I keep my older posts intact. There is no denying what has been done in the past; people will remember, and people will want to know. It is best to let them know.
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007, 01:02:33 am »

Where did I post that?

Posting that your old posts were frivolous and stupid implies that your newer ones aren't, i.e that you've matured and no longer make that kind of frivolous and stupid posts.

Quote from: Amiga_Nut
I do that as well. GOD! What was I thinking?

Yes, I'm glad you've progressed to posting naked lady-parts dressed up as monkeys.

Quote from: Bluhmann
For the sake of history and completeness, I keep my older posts intact. There is no denying what has been done in the past; people will remember, and people will want to know. It is best to let them know.

Good. Losing the dozen posts you made would undoubtedly push this forum into disarray Wink

What's up doc?
Bluhman
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2007, 03:27:48 am »

Quote from: Bluhmann

Good. Losing the dozen posts you made would undoubtedly push this forum into disarray Wink

I'm talking about general forum stuff, not just this one.
Amiga_Nut
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2007, 10:02:05 am »

Lukipela:

I don’t think that counts! It was funny as shit. I removed it out of respect for the moderators. (and so they wouldn't need to) Not because I thought it was a bad posting. Syreen nipples are ok.. but monkey tattoo vagina bad?

Pearls before........
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 10:04:38 am by Amiga_Nut » Logged

I keep my old Amiga on a flash-drive. Tongue

Cedric6014
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2007, 10:43:44 am »

real monkey vagina is far naughtier than illustrated syreen nipples

Play online melee here! http://irc.uqm.stack.nl/
Valaggar

Email
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2007, 08:28:55 pm »

Where did I post that?
Posting that your old posts were frivolous and stupid implies that your newer ones aren't, i.e that you've matured and no longer make that kind of frivolous and stupid posts.
That's not true. It almost certainly means that I say I don't post that kind of frivolous and stupid posts (and it indeed means that here). But it doesn't imply that I say that I've matured. Just that I don't like the way I was posting then, that's all. Maybe it doesn't even imply that I like how I post now.

EDIT: For short, it means in fact that I've browsed through the old posts and had a very good laugh (Utwig laugh!) reading them. Then I decided to delete those who hadn't got any replies, since they were just cluttering the threads. Maybe I've accidentally deleted two or three replied posts in the process, I hope it's not more.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 08:31:34 pm by Valaggar » Logged
Valaggar

Email
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2007, 11:34:19 am »

So am I still that bad?
Koowluh
*Smell* controller

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2007, 02:21:38 pm »

At one point I was reading an older topic and seeing how people were replying to it. There was a post of a guy who just did seem a little too enthusiastic... When I checked the name of who wrote it, I was a tad ashamed... it was a post of myself.

I hate drugs. Air is the worst one. Breathe it once and you're hooked for life.
RTyp06
*Smell* controller

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2007, 11:42:02 pm »

We are hunams. We are all prone to mistake. And not a single one of us should become uppity, self righteous and condemming of any others. These are (fairly at least) informal game forums after all. games are supposed to be about fun. As long as everyone is enjoying him or herself, who cares? It's not like the forum logs are going to be archived and stroed in a museum or congressional library.

And as far as Val.. Nobody is holding a gun to anybody's head and forcing them to read or respond. If he is enjoying himself, is it really harming anything? Every word written on these forums is completely frivilous in the grand scheme of things. Has anything really earth shattering or informative ever been posted here? If so, I'd like to read it.

Sombody get a camp fire going and we can all sing cum-by-yah and live happily ever after. Wink

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length