The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:50:44 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Starbase Café (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Reply to Nutty Butter
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Reply to Nutty Butter  (Read 2016 times)
Deus Siddis
Enlightened

View Profile
Reply to Nutty Butter
« on: July 18, 2007, 04:33:38 pm »

Ok, so the simple definition of what a god is doesn't work in all cases - I will admit to that - I was starting monotheistic on the subject (since that encompasses most of the major religion) And I had already ammended myself.  It seems that correcting your mistakes has become unacceptable.

Deus_Siddis claimed to not know what a god was as his reasoning for not believing in one. Which is total crap. And I thought I'd share my knowledge. (which was not complete at the time) Who hasn't been guilty of that? If we knew everything this thread would never have existed.

Neither of us are authorities on the subject and I don't think I should be bashed for holding a stupid argument in the stupid argument room.

As for the obscenity, it was out of place and somewhat childish - However, I did retract the big FUCK YOU and replaced it promptly another something that is much less obscene.

After all this, I must say that I don't think either of us are 100% correct in anything we had to say to each other.

Admission of my own stupidity will not change my opinion that Deus_Siddis is off his rocker.

Since Elvish_Pillager's locked his topic before I woke up today, I will just post this here. A moderator can merge it into the other thread if desired.

I was not claiming I don't know what a god really is, I really don't. I am not sure anyone does. That position might be crap to you, but it makes alot of sense to me, as I have heard a lot of different definitions for what is supposed to be the same thing. And none of them rang true to me on an intellectual or emotional level.

If this simple mindset of mine on this one issue is enough for you to decide that I am nuts, then so be it. You have a right to your opinion.

Also, the big F-U thing was funny to me, I couldn't help but laugh when I saw it. No need to apologize for that. I think it's also a forum first (thought I have not read everything Shiver has ever posted, so maybe not, lol).
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 04:35:51 pm by Deus_Siddis » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length