The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:45:51 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Technical Issues (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Windows Mobile port?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print
Author Topic: Windows Mobile port?  (Read 55134 times)
ILYAki
Zebranky food

View Profile
WM 2003 SE ?
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2008, 10:17:29 am »

Hi all.
I am yet another owner of WM 2003 SE device. (Dell Axim x50)

And also this port does not seem to work on it too.
After execution of shortcut (already edited) absolutely nothing happened, log file did not appears.

I tried to execute this game on WM5.0 emulator and it started there with the same shortcut. Later it freeze somewhere during the intro, but I think it does not matter.
Then I tried to execute it on WM2003 emulator and it showed me this messagebox:
" 'uqm'  is not a valid Pocket PC application. "

So I think that current port has some platform dependence on WM5.0.

I tried to add this line to CFLAGS (on the VmWare image):
"-D_WIN32_WCE=0x0420 -DWIN32_IE=0x0420 -D__CE_VERSION__=0x420"

Also I removed “Platform acceleration” from “Graphics/Sound optimizations” item in config menu.

But executable had the same size after compilation. And it also did not start on my device.

I don't think this particular port will work on any OS older than Windows Mobile 5, given my own experiences with it. (It definitely doesn't seem to work under WM2003SE...)
I'll see if I can recompile for WM2003 and will let you know when done so you can test it.

Have any news?

strelok
Zebranky food

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
damn
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2008, 09:09:13 am »

hi there

my hp ipaq rw6815 seem to have the same problem with keycodes, nothing works exept the enter key.
and although there are no links to keycode files on http://wiki.uqm.stack.nl/Windows_CE_port Sad

WE ARE *FRUMPLE*!

vod
Zebranky food

View Profile
Re: Windows Mobile port?
« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2008, 10:33:43 am »

Has there been any word about a wm2003 version? I would love to play this game on the go!
metawolf
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2008, 12:51:25 pm »

I install it per the instructions but the keys don't seem to rotate and the mappings are only correct on some screens.  For example, on the planet screens the mapping is correct for landscape mode and I can navigate the menu and recall the scout ship using the cancel key (corresponds to ESC in the desktop version).  When I'm on any other screen, the keys are not rotated properly and the only keys that seem to work are the arrow keys (in portrait mode) and the enter key.

Here is the PDA that I have:
Dell Axim X51V
WM5
Calligrapher installed
Poquito Mal
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2008, 07:50:14 am »

Anyone have any luck getting this to work on the HTC Touch Pro?  I'm getting "'uqm' is not a valid Pocket PC application." error   Cry
SuperLeroy
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2008, 11:32:10 pm »

Anyone have any luck getting this to work on the HTC Touch Pro?  I'm getting "'uqm' is not a valid Pocket PC application." error   Cry

Same problem here with AT&T FUZE (HTC Touch Pro/Raphael US edition)
using cooked rom ROMeOS² ver 1.41

tried changing SDL.dll to a different version, same result. Maybe the uqm.exe needs to be recompiled?

Works fine on HTC Kaiser/AT&T Tilt/8925
robr
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2009, 08:42:20 am »

I have a HTC Touch Pro (WM 6.1), and I have the same problem.  Anyone have any ideas why it wont work on this phone?
ptx
Frungy champion

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2009, 05:47:46 am »

This is apparently a cegcc compiler issue (caused by changes in WM 6.1). I am not sure whether they've fixed it, but I'll try to recompile with the latest version of cegcc.
ptx
Frungy champion

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2009, 01:46:10 am »

This is apparently a cegcc compiler issue (caused by changes in WM 6.1). I am not sure whether they've fixed it, but I'll try to recompile with the latest version of cegcc.

Problem solved (or, rather, worked around). It looks like executables produced with the cegcc compiler don't play well with WM 6.1. A workaround is to run "upx" (the Ultimate Packer for eXecutables) on the executables (both .dll and .exe).

The http://wiki.uqm.stack.nl/Windows_CE_port Ultronomicon page has been updated with binaries that work under WM6.1.

I've tested this on my Sprint HTC Diamond, and the game starts up (should be working on PRO as well, since Diamond and PRO are nearly identical).
Poquito Mal
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2009, 08:04:18 pm »

Thank you so much, it's now working on my Touch Pro.  One question though, is there any way to flip the display 180 degrees, or is that hardcoded?  The keyboard on this phone opens up the other way.

At any rate, much appreciated   Cheesy  This game was one of the main reasons I wanted to get a smartphone.
ptx
Frungy champion

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2009, 08:26:22 am »

Good question. I think the SDL port is hard-coded to flip to landscape mode, I'll check it out when I get a chance.
arilou_camper
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2009, 12:07:42 pm »

Hi guys

Is there a way to get the CE port to work on WM5-based keyboardless smartphones with a touchscreen, such as Samsung i710-740? It runs just fine, but I can't even exit the game, as it doesn't recognize neither the cursor buttons, nor the middle button.

Thanks!
ptx
Frungy champion

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2009, 07:46:19 pm »

Is there a way to get the CE port to work on WM5-based keyboardless smartphones with a touchscreen, such as Samsung i710-740? It runs just fine, but I can't even exit the game, as it doesn't recognize neither the cursor buttons, nor the middle button.
Thanks!

UQM doesn't support touch-screen (aka mouse). I suggest playing around with the key files.
thintho
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 18, 2009, 10:47:03 pm »

I have some questions:

1) When compiling SDL with Visual Studio, does anything special have to be done to make the DLL work with your compiled code?  I followed the instructions here, but I'm pretty sure something didn't go right.  I got my code to compile, but when I put it on my Axim it didn't seem to do anything.

2) I've been using cegcc 0.50 to compile my code and the compiler executable is arm-wince-cegcc-g++.  I'm using libraries that I found in this link.  I'm trying to get libraries that do not combine with my code so that I can comply with the LGPL rules.

Any help is appreciated. Smiley
marcux
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 25, 2009, 09:26:55 am »

Thank you so much, it's now working on my Touch Pro.  One question though, is there any way to flip the display 180 degrees, or is that hardcoded?  The keyboard on this phone opens up the other way.

At any rate, much appreciated   Cheesy  This game was one of the main reasons I wanted to get a smartphone.

Hi, Just to let you know it runs on the new touch pro 2. Also, having the same problem as this guy. They keyboard flips out on the opposite side, so the game is upside down.. is there any way to flip the image? can't really play the game unless it's flipped. it would be really awsome Wink
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length