The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:56:32 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Technical Issues (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Controller Issue
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Controller Issue  (Read 2388 times)
rsl1506
Zebranky food

View Profile
Controller Issue
« on: February 05, 2008, 02:04:13 pm »

Ok, here's what happened.  I hadn't played this game in a while (I've previously had ver. 0.5.0) and decided that I wanted to give this game another go.  I downloaded ver. 0.6.2 and I'm having trouble with my logitech dual action usb.  Even after mapping the buttons in the options menu, the buttons would not respond properly.  For example, when I would hit the weapon button to scan a planet, it would open the menu, but then not scan.  I tried the enter key on the keyboard, and it worked to get the scan started, but not the button on the controller.  I even tried a keyboard to joystick emulator (joy2key) figuring that would solve my problem, but it did the exact same thing?!  The button would not activate scan or open menus, but the enter key would!  I thought it was an issue with this new version, because I remember ver. 0.5.0 worked with my controller with no problem at all.  Started looking on my hard drive, and found that I had that version kicking around, so I started that one up.  It did the exact same thing!  Anyone encounter this problem before??  TIA for your time!
lakota.james
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
Re: Controller Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 07:54:16 pm »

I had some problems with a joypad not to long ago. what I had to do was delete a file called keys.cfg. This is where it is: "C:\Documents and Settings\Lakota\Application Data\uqm" where "Lakota" is your user name. then make sure you have the pad plugged in BEFORE you run the game. That fixed it for me.
Michael Martin
Core Team
*Smell* controller

View Profile
Re: Controller Issue
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 11:16:29 am »

Note that 0.6.2 has some reported problems with non-digital gamepads.  If you find that your ships are spinning out of control, the issue has been fixed in the unofficial binaries.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length