The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:25:48 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Star Control 3: Nightmare's borne on the solar winds (Fan Fiction Discussion)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Star Control 3: Nightmare's borne on the solar winds (Fan Fiction Discussion)  (Read 2438 times)
StarCon21
Zebranky food

Heed to and prepare to Surrender!

View Profile WWW
Star Control 3: Nightmare's borne on the solar winds (Fan Fiction Discussion)
« on: April 19, 2008, 09:02:27 am »

Well, i'm fairly new to this website in the sense that I just decided to sign up and become an active member...Though I have been around since probably around Mid-2006, just not as a Member.

I finaly got up the courage to post up a piece of Fan Fiction I had an idea for about a month or so ago, and decided to share it with the great fans of Star Control. This is my own little version of how I thought Star Control 3 should have been, explaining a little bit more about the Brown Ur-Quan Species rather than ignoring Star Control 2's ending like it did.

This Fan Fict is set roughly 2 to 3 years after Captain Zelnick sacrificed the Vindicator, in order to lay destruction to the Battle platform known as the Sa-Matra. The Kohr-Ah and Kzer-Za have been wiped out by the Alliance, and peace is thought to be returning throughout the New Alliance Of Free Stars.

However, the Ur-Quan Kohr-Za/Brown Ur-Quan return after so long of being away, just what they were doing all those years since the time the Dnyarri split the Kohr-Ah and Kzer-Za from them; will be explained over the duration of the Fan Fict...The Mark II from the end of Star Control 2 will also be mentioned, but it won't come into play untill much much later on in the story.

The Fan Fict is hosted on a small page I created using Yahoo! Geocities, however it will be discussed here as this is the only Star Control Related messageboard I could find with a very large still active community...Also if this is in the wrong section, I appolagize ahead of time.

Remember the Fan Fict will be discussed here in this thread, with me using it to post updates and announce when new chapters are up aswell...The Prologue is the only finished part of the story at the moment, but I am in the process of getting Chapter 1 done which should be in a few days. Until then, I appreciate any feedback you guy's might have on the Prologue and story in general.

Here is the link to the Fan Fict:
http://geocities.com/StarCon21
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 11:00:56 am by StarCon21 » Logged
Particleman42
Frungy champion

View Profile
Re: Star Control 3: Nightmare's borne on the solar winds (Fan Fiction Discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 03:34:53 pm »

That prologue was pretty good. I never played SC3, though, is your plot 100% different than the real one or are just some parts changed?

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent" - Issac Asimov
StarCon21
Zebranky food

Heed to and prepare to Surrender!

View Profile WWW
Re: Star Control 3: Nightmare's borne on the solar winds (Fan Fiction Discussion)
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 07:18:30 pm »

I may incorporate small parts of Star Control 3 into my story, like I plan on making the Kohr-Za's new homeworld be located in the Kessari Quadrent somewhere...However, my story is more closely related to Star Control 2 and it's storylines/ending.

So, that relation makes it almost impossible for me to say much of what happened in the real Star Control 3 will happen in this Alternate Version of it.

I guess then that makes my answer be no, this storyline will be for the most part original and have nothing to do with the real Star Control 3...The fact being I played SC3 for 10 seconds, before taking it off my hard drive and returning to The Ur-Quan Masters.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 07:34:11 pm by StarCon21 » Logged
jaychant

Email
Re: Star Control 3: Nightmare's borne on the solar winds (Fan Fiction Discussion
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 07:21:33 pm »

SC3 is not canon. everyone knows that. Tongue
Particleman42
Frungy champion

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 07:23:14 pm »

SC3 is not canon. everyone knows that. Tongue

That's why I didn't bother trying to play it.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent" - Issac Asimov
Simon K
Frungy champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 10:14:10 pm »

*shrug*

I regarded SC3 as a kind of fanfic with a very large budget, but worse writing than many of the stories you find on SCWC.

Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
Elerium
*Smell* controller

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 11:43:13 pm »

It's basically a version of "what would EA do with Star Control if they got their grubby paws on it" which is partly true because Mike Verdu ran Legend Entertainment in Executive Production of SC3 before eventually taking his throne at EA (only to screw up the C&C series).
Death 999
Global Moderator
Enlightened

We did. You did. Yes we can. No.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 11:14:09 pm »

I'd be a lot more sanguine about this if the title had correct grammar. That's my reaction before reading it, of course.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length