The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 09:03:31 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Melee Stunt Videos 2: The Quickening
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Melee Stunt Videos 2: The Quickening  (Read 16600 times)
Shiver

Email
Re: Melee Stunt Videos 2: The Quickening
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2008, 07:53:38 am »

Heh, I really like how the music crescendoes right when the Druuge victory ditty would be playing after the Earthling match.

What is that music, by the way?

Something out of the Boondock Saints soundtrack. You could probably pirate that, but I'm not sure where.
Anthony
*Smell* controller

Star Control Lives!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2008, 05:35:44 am »

As much as I'd like to make another stunt video so that Anthony Suarez can ignore it on his blog in favor of less impressive clips he found on YouTube, I just don't have the time this week.

I'm so sorry.  Cry I can't believe that I missed these.  They're awesome.  I know it's a bit late, but I shared one of your videos on my blog.

And thanks for all your comments.  I love reading those.

Shiver

Email
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2008, 06:56:10 am »

I'm so sorry.  Cry I can't believe that I missed these.  They're awesome.  I know it's a bit late, but I shared one of your videos on my blog.

I was worried I had offended you at some point so it was deliberate on your end. Too many pointless arguments and too much drama around here, can't remember whose toes I've stepped on anymore. Thanks for hosting that video, it's the best I've done so far.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 07:40:43 am by Shiver » Logged
Anthony
*Smell* controller

Star Control Lives!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2008, 02:34:54 pm »

I was worried I had offended you at some point so it was deliberate on your end. Too many pointless arguments and too much drama around here, can't remember whose toes I've stepped on anymore. Thanks for hosting that video, it's the best I've done so far.

Nononono... I'm not offended at all.  I meant the "I'm so sorry" as a form of humor.  I'm just glad that I found them, that's all. Tongue

Death 999
Global Moderator
Enlightened

We did. You did. Yes we can. No.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2008, 09:26:51 pm »

That Druuge vid was inspiring. Not that I'd ever bring Druuge into those matches voluntarily.
Glory_device
Frungy champion

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2008, 07:38:38 am »

Shiver I saw previously that you talked about fight choregraphy ....I LOVE THIS IDEA... if we could simply do that and afterward find a proper music.. I don't know I simply love that. sick blazer formation and so one...that would be awsome...and a awsome way to tell a story or something similar....I SIMPLY LOVE THIS IDEA!!!

I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence. Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.
Cyarus
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2008, 11:06:09 pm »

You'd've taken a lot less damage in the Kzer-Za vrs. Earthling if you'd sent out a couple fighters every so often to make the Earthling waste battery taking 'em out with the lasers rather than shooting missiles at you.
Shiver

Email
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2008, 02:21:00 am »

You'd've taken a lot less damage in the Kzer-Za vrs. Earthling if you'd sent out a couple fighters every so often to make the Earthling waste battery taking 'em out with the lasers rather than shooting missiles at you.

I went into the game and tried this. Can't say it seems like a very good idea. The fighters aren't very fast so they don't even reach Earthling half of the time. When they do, it's only -4 energy. Nukes aren't very accurate to begin with so I don't see the point.

That was the worst encounter I've had against Earthling while playing the Ur-Quan challenge. Usually the CPU doesn't reach the planet before I get it. I'm not complaining though, given what my worst encounter against several of the other allied ships was like.
Cyarus
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2008, 06:05:32 am »

Hm, I just tried it and it worked rather well. I mean, we're talking about the Awesome Cyborg here, not a human player, so the Cyborg can be expected to use the laser defenses whenever a fighter is attacking. Space out the fighters by a second and a half or so and he'll spend most of his time trying to take them out rather than shooting missiles at you, allowing you to gravity-whip at him and slaughter him while only losing about 4-6 crew (fighters) in the process, which is less than you're likely to lose from missiles.

Of course, that's assuming you don't start out near the planet right away and get to gravity-whip at the beginning anyway, in which case the Earthling's screwed.

Oh, and I forgot to mention in my post that the rest of the video and the other videos were cool. They were. Tongue
SweetSassyMolassy
*Smell* controller

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2008, 01:50:26 am »

Beating an androsynth with a VUX would be a good video. Especially if you sustain no damage somehow

I am not always understand about what you speak, unfortunately.
Clythoss
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2008, 09:41:02 pm »

I got a challenge for you. Beat 2 Chmmr with 1 Pkunk without Respawning.I´m working on it as well right now, but my best so far was with 1 Respawn.

EDIT : And i did it Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybdSxKIB--Q

First kill, lost 5 life, second kill lost 1 life.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 11:10:06 pm by Clythoss » Logged
Lord 342
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2008, 05:49:46 am »

Hello All!  I'm new here, well I've lurked for ages but only been compelled to post just by this one thing (it was just an excuse, really, to join.  I have lots of questions and input and I'm a huge UQM fan). 

At any rate what it is is I want to know what song is playing durring the "Ur-Quan versus Old Alliance" video durring the segment of the Ur-Quan versus the Chejesu Broodhome... the Piano piece.  What is it, it's awesome!
Novus
Enlightened

Fot or not?

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2008, 05:27:21 pm »

At any rate what it is is I want to know what song is playing durring the "Ur-Quan versus Old Alliance" video durring the segment of the Ur-Quan versus the Chejesu Broodhome... the Piano piece.  What is it, it's awesome!
I think it's one of the combat tunes from FreeSpace 2, but I don't have the CDs with me to confirm that. In any case, you can extract the soundtrack from the game with Game Audio Player, IIRC.

FreeSpace 2 is a classic (1999) space combat simulator and available for download at Good Old Games (including soundtrack download!) for only $6 (US). Combined with the FS2 equivalent of the UQM project, the FreeSpace 2 Source Code Project, the result is quite impressive even for 2008.

RTFM = Read the fine manual.
RTTFAQ = Read the Ur-Quan Masters Technical FAQ.
Megagun
Enlightened

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2008, 05:57:36 pm »

I think it's one of the combat tunes from FreeSpace 2
It is, I asked Shiver about it on IRC a while ago.
Shiver

Email
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2008, 09:07:09 pm »

Quote from: SweetSassyMolassy
Beating an androsynth with a VUX would be a good video. Especially if you sustain no damage somehow

Tried it out. I'm positive I can make a decent video out of this without getting hit.

Quote from: Clythoss
I got a challenge for you. Beat 2 Chmmr with 1 Pkunk without Respawning.I´m working on it as well right now, but my best so far was with 1 Respawn.

I'm sure I can do Pkunk against Chmmr, but making it entertaining to watch might be difficult.

Update: I'm really not feeling this right now. I might get the VUX/Androsynth video posted in here eventually, but otherwise don't want to commit to making any more videos.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 11:50:36 pm by Shiver » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length