The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:30:11 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Fanstuff
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Fanstuff  (Read 6586 times)
Fsi-Dib
*Many bubbles*

The Crimson Corporation

View Profile
Fanstuff
« on: November 19, 2002, 11:24:02 am »

You probably have made ideas of having own SC2 ships after playing SC2 for a long time? Would you have wanted to meet Androsynth in the adventure game, even though they would kick your ass and be extremely hostile? Were you so impressed by the music you started to make music á la Star Control 2? Did you start calling humans as 'hunams'?

These were, and still are, things, I've been thinking for a long time. I have even made two songs, though so crappy I won't be letting them get to the internet. Tongue

The unofficial music critic.
Saboteur
Zebranky food

View Profile WWW
Re: Fanstuff
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2002, 05:29:22 pm »

There are two things that every tracker or musician has to make in his/her life. The first is a cheesy popcorn remix. The second is one or more horrible SC2 remix(es).

Ok, that's bullcrap. Wink But yeah, I recognize myself from those things... Although I must admit I never called humans 'hunams', but that's probably just because English isn't my native language so the opportunity never arose! Grin

Now that you mention it, I think the time would be right for me to give that SC2-style music another go. It's been some three years since my last attempt... Wink

"Unrequited love. It's fantastic, because it never has to change, it never has to grow up and it never has to die!"

- saboteur
 .. www.saboteurweb.com/
norg
Zebranky food

WE COME IN PEACE

View Profile
:DRe: Fanstuff
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2002, 06:36:28 pm »

as a tracker of eleven years, i'll have you know that i never once remixed popcorn nor made a rendition of a star control song. (:

well, at least until now.  i'm remixing popcorn for the new release.

seriously.

really.

ok, no i'm not.   Cheesy

-= george =-
zenzmurfy
Zebranky food

WIP forever...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2002, 02:27:57 am »

I am working on a fan animation. My goal is to re-do the Star Control 2 ending, but as of now I don't have any music besides the original stuff.

Megagun
Enlightened

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2002, 03:49:01 am »

well, one i DID called someone "spahi" once (her name looked like "spathi"  Wink too bad i cant remember her name Sad )
Zero^
Zebranky food

"our dear friend, Hunam"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2002, 02:22:51 am »

Androsynth... I spent 4 hours looking for them. Orz killed them but i wouldn´t believe that. There had to be survivors i thought. As the four hours went by i started to believe the Orz sad i gave up.
Now i am looking for Chenjesu  Smiley
Any clues?
I heard some people say that the mmrnmhrm and Chenjesu united to make a new race: chmmr, but the thought of the entire race just vanishing is an absurd thought to me.
I shall post to the forum if any results are made.

Happy hunting Zero...
Oh, thank you the little voice in side of my head.   Shocked

From the north... a Finnish know it all show the light.
Zeroarmy
Frungy champion

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2002, 02:53:21 am »

Androsynth... I spent 4 hours looking for them. Orz killed them but i wouldn´t believe that. There had to be survivors i thought. As the four hours went by i started to believe the Orz sad i gave up.
Now i am looking for Chenjesu  Smiley
Any clues?
I heard some people say that the mmrnmhrm and Chenjesu united to make a new race: chmmr, but the thought of the entire race just vanishing is an absurd thought to me.

Happy hunting Zero...
Oh, thank you the little voice in side of my head.   Shocked

The Chenjesu and Mmrnmhrm were slave shielded on the Chenjesu's homeworld, so if you look at the Map on The Pages of Now and Forever (it's scanned from the one that game inside the box of scII) you will see where there Chenjesu's sphere of influnce was 20 game years ago. So, if you check those starts you'll find it.
Kohr-Ah_Primat
*Smell* controller

Lady Marauder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2003, 01:32:15 am »

He does bring up an excellent point. I doubt that despite reports that "all chenjesu and mmrnmhrm" no longer exist, that logically there would still be several runaways from each race that would abhor the thought of being joined with an alien being with a totally different biology. Evolutionary development or not.

We are the Ur-Quan Kohr-Ah.
Our nature, the fulfillment of our fate requires your destruction.
You are filth. It is now your time to be cleansed.
Death 999
Global Moderator
Enlightened

We did. You did. Yes we can. No.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2003, 02:30:26 am »

The Chenjesu and Mmrnmhrm were slave shielded on the Chenjesu's homeworld, so if you look at the Map on The Pages of Now and Forever (it's scanned from the one that game inside the box of scII) you will see where there Chenjesu's sphere of influnce was 20 game years ago. So, if you check those starts you'll find it.

Also, in the game, Commander Hayes mentions their homeworld if you drag the history of the war out of him. He doesn't call it their homeworld, but if you think about what he's saying, it's implied that it's very important to them, so important that they would abandon the rest of the alliance to defend it.
Shiver

Email
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2003, 12:28:08 pm »

He does bring up an excellent point. I doubt that despite reports that "all chenjesu and mmrnmhrm" no longer exist, that logically there would still be several runaways from each race that would abhor the thought of being joined with an alien being with a totally different biology. Evolutionary development or not.

I don't see what's so hard to believe about it. Humans are rebellious and disagree with each other non-stop over every stupid little mundane thing, but that doesn't mean Chenjesu or Mmrnmhrm do. The Mmrnmhrm are robots, so I can say for certain that they don't disagree very much, if at all. The Chenjesu are probably prone to argue a bit, but I imagine they reach a consensus much faster than humans do seeing as how they are the most advanced old alliance race. So when the Ur-Quan told them to settle on one planet and the Chenjesu leaders said, "ok", it isn't too much of a stretch to assume both species entirely complied.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2003, 12:35:50 pm by Shiver » Logged
Joost Schuttelaar
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2003, 07:39:04 pm »

There are two things that every tracker or musician has to make in his/her life. The first is a cheesy popcorn remix. The second is one or more horrible SC2 remix(es).

Yup Cheesy
Omni-Sama
*Smell* controller

Zebranky-Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2003, 09:30:46 pm »

I think the fact that the Mmrnmmhrm Mother Ark was breaking down resulted in a mass gathering of these robot dudes.  I've heard alot of talk about 'rogue Mmrnmmhrm' still flying around in space.  However, considering the Mother Ark is destroyed and that their numbers would quickly diminish makes this highly unlikely.  Maybe there are some Mmrnmmhrm who don't rely on the Mother Ark to survive, but it was my understanding that its breaking down would result in the end of their species.  The Chenjesu, even as individuals, don't seem the type to break from coherency and go off on their own.  They're too diplomatic to resort to those ends.

Fanstuff that I've done?  Well, I created a whole bunch of new ship designs back in the day...  you know, new races, new ships and the such.  Most of them were pretty bad, but some of them had potential.

"Even Our House Pets Are Rather Evil." - Ilwrath Captain
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2003, 09:46:24 pm »

I read a story/idea somewhere on these forums a while back anout the possibility of some Mrnhrm and Chenjesu having gon on a long range mission of some sort, much like the humans to Vela, but further off. It is possible, if they as leaders of the alliance were looking for other races ready to aid them against the Quan, that they would've traveled far enough not to know about what was happening back home. Te real SC3 might indeed start with this joint task force arriving at home with a bunch of new allies, only to find that the rest of their race is gone....

What's up doc?
Death 999
Global Moderator
Enlightened

We did. You did. Yes we can. No.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2003, 12:10:57 am »

Oh, yeah! Ships! There are quite a few designs that a friend of mine and I cooked up, and I think many of them are quality ships, which could be modified after playtesting to be better than the average SC3 ship.

He's a little busy getting a PhD in computer science at the moment, so I don't know if I can get the specifications on hand any time soon...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2003, 12:11:09 am by Death_999 » Logged
Omni-Sama
*Smell* controller

Zebranky-Killer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2003, 11:56:52 am »

Well, there is (or was) a project that dealt with the subject of making new ships for melee.  The TimeWarp project involves tons of new, fan-made ships for battle, ships that may appear in a post-SC2 era.

http://www.classicgaming.com/starcontrol/timewarp/

The activity at this site is mostly dead, but there's plenty of ideas still laying around this place.  I know because I was recently exploring some of the old ship designs and thinking how some of them were fairly similar to ones I came up with long ago...  and how some of my ideas were never even brought up by other people.  Cool place to explore...

"Even Our House Pets Are Rather Evil." - Ilwrath Captain
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length