The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:28:21 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Obvious Follow-up Question to FAQ question #11
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Obvious Follow-up Question to FAQ question #11  (Read 1833 times)
Choc
Zebranky food

View Profile
Obvious Follow-up Question to FAQ question #11
« on: August 20, 2008, 07:49:10 am »

Where do I get the source code for the original PC version/original 3DO version?

You won't find them anywhere, because they were never released--and in fact the source for the original PC version was lost. What was released to the public was a version of the 3DO code that had been modified to run on Windows.

Here's an obvious follow-up question that should probably have been anticipated in the FAQ: Where do I get the source code to the version of the 3DO code that has been modified to run on Windows?
Novus
Enlightened

Fot or not?

View Profile
Re: Obvious Follow-up Question to FAQ question #11
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 10:06:03 am »

Here's an obvious follow-up question that should probably have been anticipated in the FAQ: Where do I get the source code to the version of the 3DO code that has been modified to run on Windows?
From the UQM download page.

If you really want the version of the 3DO code released by TFB that has been barely modified enough to sort of run on Windows, try something like:
Code:
svn co https://sc2.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/sc2/branches/tfb uqm-tfb
This seems to be the first available version of UQM, which is, give or take a few compatibility fixes, the same as what Chris Nelson of TFB gave the UQM core team to work on. Getting this to compile will probably not be easy unless you have the right tools (MSVC?), although I did manage to get a 32-bit Linux version running (badly).

See also the last discussion of this topic.

RTFM = Read the fine manual.
RTTFAQ = Read the Ur-Quan Masters Technical FAQ.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length