The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:59:58 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Starbase Café (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Name that Game
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Name that Game  (Read 1764 times)
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
Name that Game
« on: December 10, 2008, 12:25:00 pm »

Hey,

I'm trying to find an old PC game but I can't for the life of me rememebr it's name. So I'm hoping one of you will be able to help me out. It's a long shot becuase I played it quite a while ago (maybe 15 or so years), and I can't describe it very well. But this place is full of people who know odd fatcs, so lert's hope for the best eh.

From what I can remember, the game was seen from an isometric viewpoint and according to the story it took place in some sort of large tower. You were a delivery boy of some sort whop arrived on the top floor, but everything had gone awry. The first level(s) offices were full of misfunctioning cannons and locked doors and you had to make your way down through the tower. Every here and there you'd find survivors who'd give you clues, but I can't remember if they followed you or just stayed put. You didn't actually have any weapons, there was a lot of timing walking past firing lasers and finding keycards. I don't think you could even jump. The graphics were quite good, maybe UFO:Enemy unknown level or slightly better.

There was also possibly a clone of you/android/ antagonist who appeared every here and there to kill you. Or maybe I'm confusing it with Prince of Persia.

Does any of this ring a bell with anyone?

What's up doc?
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
Re: Name that Game
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 02:24:16 pm »

Sounds like D/Generation.
Your description was awfully close to the one on that page too:
Something has gone horribly wrong at Genoq Biolabs, Singapore. You're just a courier, sent to the building to deliver a package. Now you're trapped inside, the security system has gone crazy, genetically engineered organisms are on the rampage and things look like they could get even worse...

Make your way through 10 floors of isometric action and puzzles, trying to stay alive and discover what's going on.

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
Re: Name that Game
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 02:57:18 pm »

Sounds like D/Generation.
Your description was awfully close to the one on that page too:
Something has gone horribly wrong at Genoq Biolabs, Singapore. You're just a courier, sent to the building to deliver a package. Now you're trapped inside, the security system has gone crazy, genetically engineered organisms are on the rampage and things look like they could get even worse...

Make your way through 10 floors of isometric action and puzzles, trying to stay alive and discover what's going on.

Whoops, must not have been thinking when I posted this in GD. And you are absolutely right, thanks! That has been bugging me for quite a bit. That was a quick resolve.

What's up doc?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length