The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 29, 2021, 04:38:32 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Paul & Fred have reached a settlement with Stardock!

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Starbase Café (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  SC:BEL Mission 1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 67 Print
Author Topic: SC:BEL Mission 1  (Read 111887 times)
Son_of_Antares
*Smell* controller

Arioch, I summon thee...

View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2009, 11:56:12 pm »

OCC: We have 2 options now as I see it:

1 Attack the flamethrower wielding spider priest in melee right away (hopefully provoking him to attack and fry all of the apprentices). No matter what are the results of combat we storm the place, priest being the preferable target for the first blood.

2 Run out singing and dancing hopefully making all of the Ilwrath to come out (or at least one of them) as they try to catch Vogar and interrogate him on the accounts of his displeasing behavior. That's where we kick in...our guns more precisely.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 10:03:00 am by Son_of_Antares » Logged
Yetiers
*Many bubbles*

IN MY OPINION -->

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2009, 09:32:10 am »

IC: Bach continued his sprint (W W N N) and finally his eyes rested upon the open door, the sound of clacking mandibles coming from within. There they are.

OOC: I say we should just attack the priest. Running has a very good chance of provoking the Ilwrath into killing Vogar, without him getting a chance of damaging them first, and it's going to be more difficult to fight 3 Ilwrath at once (one of them being a priest with 4 HP).
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2009, 02:11:14 pm »

OOC: My thoughts as well.

IC: Wubula compels Vogar to attack the priest.

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 17, 2009, 05:25:12 pm »

As Wubula commands, Vogar acts. His former master has angered the flabby goddess, and must now face his wrath. He throws himself forward, mandibles poised to strike. But Slygar is no fool. An apprentice leaving his post can only mean one thing, treachery. As the young Ilwrath lunges Slygar turns so that the bite bounces harmlessly off his side. But Vogar is not without tricks himself. After a quick feint, his second bite connects, and he sinks his mandible into his foe. The bite connects badly though, and not much is achieved.

The other Ilwrath stare awestruck as Vogar attacks the priest. As Slygar prepares to deliver some harsh punishment, a thought strikes him. Are the other apprentices considering treachery as well? No matter, he has survived many a rebellion before, unlike his predecessors.

Map:

OOC: I assumed you'd use both his AP for attacking since you didn't state anything else. During his first strike Vogar managed one strike, which the priest parried. The second once again managed one strike, but the priest failed his second parry dice. So the priest now has 3 HP, and once Wubula lets me know what she wants to do with the rest of her points I'll update the enemy actions as well.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 05:44:14 pm by Lukipela » Logged

What's up doc?
Son_of_Antares
*Smell* controller

Arioch, I summon thee...

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 18, 2009, 10:13:53 am »

IC: Sukuzu, informed by his teammates about the current situation chooses to move a bit more forward to the enemy W W N N N N N, back flipping over Wawa...he gets ready for battle...SHHLINK!  *claws coming out*  TZZZZ...*pistol battery starting up*
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2009, 12:23:00 pm »

Wubula uses the rest of her turn to lick her wounds.

when the Creators return
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2009, 03:37:10 pm »

Wubula leisurely stays in her place.

Inside, Slygar decides that he must prevent this insurrection from getting any further. He brandishes his flame-thrower, and it's holy fire burns all three apprentices. Both Vogar and the apprentice to his left sustain damage, but neither is killed by the flame. The apprentice to his right seems unhurt by the heat. Holstering the weapon the priest is confident that the other apprentices have learned their lesson, they have been put in their place. His mandibles close around Vogars neck, and with a curt and final snap it is severs his head from his body.

Wubula shudders, as some of the pain transfers back through the psychic link. As life rapidly flees the Ilwrath husk once known as Vogar, a few images are broadcast to her through his failing synapses. The burned apprentice steps closer to the priest and attacks him enraged by his pain. And his fellow sides with the priest and attacks him. The priest sustains injuries, but  does not die. The an image shows the burned apprentice falling to the ground, killed by it's fellow. Then there is no more life in Vogar. A final sensation, of light, warmth and welcoming passes through the connection. A feeling of home. Then the connection goes blank. Vogar is gone

Map:

OOC: Priest toasts Vogar with two hits with flame-thrower. Vogar defends agianst one. Northern Ilwrath gets hity once and fails to parry, southern gets hit once and parries.

Northern Ilwrath moves and attacks priest, two hits one parry on first, one hit on second. Southern Ilwrath attacks northern Ilwrath one hit on first attack, and one on second. End result, Vogar and one apprentice dead, one apprentice at full health, priest at 1 HP. You can no logner see what is happening in the room, but no creature had movemnt points left after their attacks

Already moved Sukuzu, so Wawa, Mr. Bach and Wubula left this turn.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 04:49:06 pm by Lukipela » Logged

What's up doc?
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 18, 2009, 04:11:03 pm »

OOC: Does Wubula get an experience point for the death of Vogar? And is that wall blown up, or are there a few black lines missing in the image?

when the Creators return
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 18, 2009, 04:50:06 pm »

OOC: Technical difficulties with the map, corrected now. Wubula doesn't get a XP for Vogars death, nor would she have gotten XP if he had managed to kill someone.

What's up doc?
Yetiers
*Many bubbles*

IN MY OPINION -->

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 18, 2009, 05:14:39 pm »

Bach leaps forward, taking position in front of the entrance (N N W). He is too far from the door to see much, but even the little he sees is truly horrifying. As he glances through the door and into the room, his eyes rest upon the horrifying sight of the dead and mutilated prisoners, their entrails splattered across a sinister table. A fitting decorum for a demon lair indeed. It took Bach all the concentration he could muster to avoid charging headlong into the room, to destroy, once and for all, this mockery of all that which is good and pure.
Dabir
*Smell* controller

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 18, 2009, 08:44:39 pm »

Wawa moves N-N-E, disturbed by the horror evident on the face of Mr. Bach and unwilling to look through the portal.
Son_of_Antares
*Smell* controller

Arioch, I summon thee...

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 19, 2009, 06:41:38 am »

OC:"Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that."  Cheesy

IC: Giving his best to reach the field of battle in time, at the peak of his run before making a turn, Sukuzu saw a glimpse of fiery terror that engulfed the now dead apprentices. And then - the world around him seemed to stop; in a flash of time to small to be measured his mind pauses for a moment and examines the situation with his inborn gift for tactics. Seeing that most of the enemies are now toast, scattered and wounded he makes a single decision - it is time to strike upon a weaker foe. And as any true warrior he attunes his soul, heart and mind just to that one single thought. He is now ready to fight. Time choose this moment to kick back in. With this strong feeling overwhelming his body to the last cell in one vibrant wave of shadrenaline, he continues his sprint and leaps at the enemy, Ilwrath Priest being his target of choice. May Daikon help them now...its shredding time *SHTLUNK*

summary: moves N W W W W and makes 1 melee attack with paws of fury - 1 AP- against spider cleric
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 07:14:43 pm by Son_of_Antares » Logged
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 19, 2009, 06:23:32 pm »

Mr Bach and Wawa take up their positions, and pause to wait for Wubula.

Map

OOC: Mr Bach has a step left, I assume he isn't going to use it? Sukuzu is really eager and attempts to move out of turn again. Keep in midn that you're seeing the images of where the enemy was last. During their next turn they might well move, making Sukuzu rush into oblivion. That shouldn't be a problem though, as the game will probably pause once you can see the room again. We're waiting for Wubula, and then I'll move the enemies before the next round starts.

What's up doc?
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 19, 2009, 06:54:10 pm »

Wubula moves N N.

when the Creators return
Son_of_Antares
*Smell* controller

Arioch, I summon thee...

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 19, 2009, 07:20:48 pm »

OOC: Sorry for the rush, I'm a bit hasty I guess  Tongue As for my moves: do I get then to review my turn once I'm on the doorstep, or I'll just be aware of the upcoming oblivion (with my turn unfolding as I posted) before it oblivions me with its obliviotating powers and sends me back to my obliviniation in the oblivion?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 07:23:53 pm by Son_of_Antares » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length