The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 07, 2021, 10:11:16 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Paul & Fred have reached a settlement with Stardock!

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Starbase Café (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  SC:BEL Mission 1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 67 Print
Author Topic: SC:BEL Mission 1  (Read 112283 times)
Dabir
*Smell* controller
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 291



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #165 on: January 27, 2009, 09:29:09 pm »

IC: Wawa steps S and, still with the enigmatic Arilou smile, offers the medkit to Mr. Bach, keeping the amulet as it enjoys feeling stronger. No longer distracted by nearby toys and trinkets, and the rush that Fleet Feet causes now gone, it *looks* at the civillians, and picks up on some sort of psychic sensitivity. Despite its inner worry, it attempts to calm itself enough to avoid frightening the creatures, and *asks* the one next to the exit - meaning no harm, so relax little friend - whether it would feel safer on the other side of the door or on this side, by first putting forward the idea of the room as it is now, then with the south door opening, trying to gauge the reaction each thought gets.

OOC: Hmm... trying to keep Wawa genderless can lead to some ambiguity.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 10:42:07 pm by Dabir » Logged
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2847



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #166 on: January 27, 2009, 09:42:01 pm »

I think Wawa should keep the amulet, if he/she wants to get some XP some time this mission. Tongue
Logged

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Dabir
*Smell* controller
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 291



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #167 on: January 27, 2009, 10:42:36 pm »

That's probably a better idea. Noted and post edited.
Logged
Yetiers
*Many bubbles*
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 175


IN MY OPINION -->


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #168 on: January 28, 2009, 10:38:57 am »

I'm waiting for the door to open, so I'm postponing my move for this turn.

EDIT: As for the charm, Wawa's slow (and will thus remain in the back anyway when we're attacking, thus being less probable that he/she will be shot at) and has insta-kill powers against apprentices, as well as Blurry for when the situation gets out of control, so I'd argue he/she doesn't really need the charm. But meh.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 10:49:19 am by Yetiers » Logged
Son_of_Antares
*Smell* controller
****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 306


Arioch, I summon thee...


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #169 on: January 28, 2009, 03:17:01 pm »

OCC: Bet you 10RUs that the charm is made out of Pkunk feathers and bones Roll Eyes Smiley

IC: While opening the door Sukuzu takes a moment of his time to look curiously at the space blobs. He wonders about something for a moment (with a smirk on his face) and then he turns to them  with a grimace of anger...he shows his teeth...growls sullenly...jaw full of milk-white razor-sharp flesh carving instruments slid open...he drolls a bit and growls some more...and then his maw turns into a grrrrrrrrr...eat SMILE Grin he giggles at them for a second and then returns to his business. Heh he he, that one never gets old *snurf* Smiley
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 05:31:06 pm by Son_of_Antares » Logged
Lukipela
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3619


The Ancient One


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #170 on: January 28, 2009, 04:58:19 pm »

The small green creatures are intently watching Sukuzu opening the door. As he grimaces at them, they seem worried rather than frightened. They've seem to have decided that your troop isn't a threat at the moment, but the unexpected behaviour clearly unsettles them. As the door swings open, it reveals a darkly lit room filled with aliens. It seems that this was the Ilwrath dungeon. The prisoners inside stare warily at Sukuzu.

Meanwhile, Wawa reaches out to the two creatures he can see. Surprisingly, they instantly grasp what he is doing. His mind is filled with pictures, of the creatures and their long trek through the desert outside. It seems they communicate this way, and they are excited to find others who can understand them. As they begin to tell Wawa of their beautiful home, Sukuzu growls and bares his teeth.

Instantly, the creatures block Wawa from their minds. Almost as quickly, they re-establish contact, but this time it is a different kind of link. It is guarded, and they let slip no more of their origin or intentions. The feeling of elation has also disappeared, to be replaced by wariness. By means of mental pictures, the creatures signal that they would like Sukuzu to get out of the way so that they can begin their journey homewards. A picture of the courtyard door being pushed down by their sheer mass indicates that they will require no further assistance, just safe passage.


Map:



OOC: When Sukuzu gets out of the way, this task is complete and XP will be awarded. Mr Bach gets a Medikit. You've all got plenty of movement left (3MOV/1AP for Sukuzu and 2MOV/2AP for Wawa, the others haven't moved yet.) so I'll leave you to it.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 05:02:31 pm by Lukipela » Logged

What's up doc?
Yetiers
*Many bubbles*
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 175


IN MY OPINION -->


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #171 on: January 28, 2009, 05:20:01 pm »

Summary: E N N
IC: The strange green Unclean having been dealt with, Bach prepares for the assault of yet another room. I wish this damned unholy temple was smaller, he thinks, but quickly banishes such blasphemous thoughts from his mind. One must carry one's cross to the bitter end; such is God's will.

OOC: Wubula should probably be the one to open the door (the loss of one AP by her is less significant than the loss of one of Bach's or Sukuzu's APs), and Wawa should be right behind, ready to use Psychic Slap or Psychic Blast in case there's any enemy in his/her direct line of fire.
Logged
Lukipela
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3619


The Ancient One


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #172 on: January 28, 2009, 05:26:13 pm »

Mr Bach takes up position at the door.

Map:



OOC: Wawa can't fire his powers through an ally, so if you do that Wubula will have to step to the side. Noted on the size of the temple, this level really is kind of big. I'll make a note for mission 2, which should roll around sometime in July Smiley
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 05:54:45 pm by Lukipela » Logged

What's up doc?
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2847



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #173 on: January 28, 2009, 05:46:22 pm »

OOC:
I don't think it's a good idea for Wubula, who's already wounded, to open the door and then have no turns left to flee or close the door again. Besides, I'd rather wait until Sukuzu is closer by.
As for the size of the temple, it's not too late to change what we haven't interacted with. (If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody around to hear it...).
Logged

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Son_of_Antares
*Smell* controller
****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 306


Arioch, I summon thee...


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #174 on: January 28, 2009, 05:48:20 pm »

OOC: In JULY?!?! Wow. That's a LOT of material...which is in fact awesome because I'm becoming really fond of this gamethread  Cheesy How actually is big mission 1 (in real world time)? Because, taking your predictions in account, I believe you should rename this thread from Mission 1 into Campaign 1 Smiley

IC: Sukuzu greets the prisoners in Galactic Standard dialect and explains them that they are now FREE. After that he moves aside E E E E E N N to let the frightened greenies pass, and continue up north to the next exit. Of you go, he thinks, you're safe now; home awaits.

EDIT: well I'm also anxious to see Mission 2 ASAP so...done.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 10:10:56 pm by Son_of_Antares » Logged
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2847



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #175 on: January 28, 2009, 09:10:59 pm »

Wubula moves E N N.
Logged

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Yetiers
*Many bubbles*
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 175


IN MY OPINION -->


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #176 on: January 28, 2009, 09:51:41 pm »

Sukuzu, why don't you move E N N instead of E E E, you'll get more quickly at the door this way. Also, why don't you already post your next move (probably E E N N if you change your move as I suggested), to save some time so that the mission ends in June instead of July? Tongue

Quote
I don't think it's a good idea for Wubula, who's already wounded, to open the door and then have no turns left to flee or close the door again. Besides, I'd rather wait until Sukuzu is closer by.

I didn't say we should open the door now.
Logged
Lukipela
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3619


The Ancient One


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #177 on: January 29, 2009, 05:27:27 pm »

As Sukuzu passes the aliens, they look suspiciously at him. Having neither ears nor mouths, spoken language is not their strongest suite. And even if they could hear they would neither understand Sukuzus native language nor the hybrid standard variety now experimented with within the Alliance. They do understand that the other ones have left them  free passage to the desert.

Task complete: The innocents have been freed. All soldiers are rewarded one XP.


Map:



OOC:

Okay, so Wubula&Bach both have 1 MOV left, which I assume they aren't going to use. I moved Sukuzu according to the suggestion in Yetis post, (E N N) since Son's suggestion is both one step too much and takes him through the table (E E N N). Wawa has 2 MOV left. So once Dabir has moved we'll start a new turn. If Yeti/meep want their last movement point they'll have to post before Dabir.

Everyone is awarded 1 XP, well done!

And considering the Alliance is a rag tag band consisting of a few local young species that have banded together only recently, I don't think it's reasonable to assume that there is a galactic standard know by most races.
Logged

What's up doc?
Lukipela
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3619


The Ancient One


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #178 on: January 29, 2009, 05:29:36 pm »

OOC:

Also, I could have sworn I made a post regarding the whole July comment yesterday, but apparently not. We've used 23 days to play this far, so even taking in accordance that I've made some changes from the original, I'd guess we'll be playing for at least another month, if not two. It also depends on what paths you choose.
Logged

What's up doc?
Dabir
*Smell* controller
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 291



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #179 on: January 29, 2009, 07:07:21 pm »

Wawa has been melancholy for a moment, saddened by the lack of trust that this world enjoys that a friendly and open attitude can be shattered by an incautious noise or action. Seeing its teammates moving once more, it comes to its senses and steps W, trying to keep its feet free of the bloated monster's limbs.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  


Login with username, password and session length

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!