The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 06, 2021, 03:39:35 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Paul & Fred have reached a settlement with Stardock!

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Starbase Café (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  SC:BEL Mission 1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 67 Print
Author Topic: SC:BEL Mission 1  (Read 112222 times)
Yetiers
*Many bubbles*

IN MY OPINION -->

View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #210 on: February 01, 2009, 08:47:25 pm »

I had no idea the Ilwrath was going to fall so easily -- I had only a 1/6 chance of killing him this turn. I should've waited with telling you to confuse him until the results of my attack were posted, though, that's true.
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 01, 2009, 09:18:39 pm »

OOC: I'll let Wawa have the square to the east, if he/she/it wants it. If not, Wubula takes one more step east.

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Dabir
*Smell* controller

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 01, 2009, 09:37:09 pm »

Once again cursing its own feebleness, Wawa steps N-N-E, and indicates to the team that it would like to take the lead so as to be of more use.
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 01, 2009, 10:20:50 pm »

Wubula spends the rest of her movement points a few moments adjusting her belt.

when the Creators return
Son_of_Antares
*Smell* controller

Arioch, I summon thee...

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 02, 2009, 01:15:14 pm »

OOC: Well considering that we dispatched immediate threat  with ease, I'll go scout at my full MOV eastwards nxt turn. And I still don't know (and am wondering) what are those switches on the walls?  And what they are for?

EDIT: ahhhh. So that's the catch. Then I think  I can restrain myself for 2 more turns before I pull inspect one...*waves tail nervously*
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 02:08:29 pm by Son_of_Antares » Logged
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 02, 2009, 01:27:46 pm »

Update coming later today, and those are signs on the wall Son.

What's up doc?
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 02, 2009, 06:46:14 pm »

Wawa moves forward, and the circle is complete.

Map:

OOC: New turn, new moves.

EDIT: I seem to have screwed up the map, will fix tomorrow.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 07:04:44 pm by Lukipela » Logged

What's up doc?
Dabir
*Smell* controller

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 02, 2009, 07:02:33 pm »

Following its decision to take the initiative, Wawa steps E-E-S and begins looting the body.
Yetiers
*Many bubbles*

IN MY OPINION -->

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 02, 2009, 07:17:52 pm »

Sukuzu is apparently planning to scout eastwards; that might attract unwanted attention from enemies, but I doubt it will -- they're still going to come after us if they exist, they've probably heard us after all.

Since Sukuzu is good at retreating, and can take care of any single enemy by himself, maybe we could, in the meantime, take positions in front of that door I'm seeing. Wubula should occupy the square with the door, ready to open it (in case Confusion is necessary, and because her damage output is lower), and I'm going to read that signpost.

Summary: E S S S read (signpost)
IC: Infernal writing is on the wall, next to the door. Bach heads toward it, determined to gather whatever insight it holds (probably regarding the room behind the door) and then destroy it by whatever means possible.

OOC: By the way, I'm going to be out of town tomorrow and will only return on Lukipela's (and the forum's, as Luki is only one hour ahead of the forum time) Friday evening or even Saturday afternoon. I will have Internet connection where I'm going, just not the best of the best. If a whole day passes after an update and I still haven't posted, feel free to temporarily relegate control of Bach to meep-eep.
Son_of_Antares
*Smell* controller

Arioch, I summon thee...

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 02, 2009, 07:43:50 pm »

IC: Pleased with his own performance in combat, Sukuzu decides to scout some more E E E E E E in search for next set of Ilwrath carapaces to sharpen his teeth on.  As if he almost started to like the taste of it...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 09:52:01 pm by Son_of_Antares » Logged
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 02, 2009, 08:58:21 pm »

Wawa moves swiftly, to loot yet another Ilwrath corpse. He finds the expected, a Paingiver and spare spike, but also something else. The object seems to be a grenade of sorts, but a primitive one. It has a dingle sprint that is obviously meant to be removed to trigger an explosion. It is much lighter than regular alliance grenades, a Wawa estimates that he can through this a bit further.

Mr Bach moves next to the door, where the disgusting alien script spells out a surprisingly simple word "Sleeping Quarters".  Enraged by this foul alien script, Mr Bach punches the sign. The metal does not buckle. He attempts to rip it from the wall, but it is fastened far too well. Frustrated, he brings up his weapon to blast the vile thing, but catches himself just in time. There will be other fights.

Sukuzu sprints eagerly through the corridor, and carefully rounds the corner. The corridor is empty, not a soul in sight. There are more doors here though. Both the ones to the east and west have small signs besides them, but the text cannot be made out from afar. The northern door is far more interesting. It is clearly a much later addition, durable steel in a temple built of stone. Besides it a card reader gleams with a blue light. It seems clear that no one is meant to pass without the proper credentials.

Map:

OOC: Wawa has found a lightweight spike grenade and a spike, the rest of you have just had wonderful adventures. Wubula left to move. I also switched Wawa to Paingiver, I'm sure he asked for that a while back but I forgot to update it apaprently.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 07:04:27 pm by Lukipela » Logged

What's up doc?
Dabir
*Smell* controller

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 02, 2009, 09:05:04 pm »

Delighted with its new toy, Wawa makes a comment to the effect that the Ilwrath are clearly very pointy people.

OOC: Since we've been going for a month, I feel obliged to ask if anyone's spotted the movie reference in Wawa's full name yet.
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 02, 2009, 09:11:53 pm »

Wubula moves W W W W.

OOC: I suggest someone with moves to spare and a granade opens the door to the sleeping quarters (when we're ready).

when the Creators return
Yetiers
*Many bubbles*

IN MY OPINION -->

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 02, 2009, 10:00:55 pm »

OOC: Since we've been going for a month, I feel obliged to ask if anyone's spotted the movie reference in Wawa's full name yet.

OOC: A Google search tells me it's Borat, which I've never watched. I wonder if anyone's spotted the game reference in Grunfeld Bach's full name yet...

As for the door, we had better wait for Sukuzu to return with full AP before opening it, just to avoid taking chances.[/Captain Obvious]

Now to the real meat of this post -- Lukipela, Bach intended to also destroy the signpost if possible, not just read it.
Son_of_Antares
*Smell* controller

Arioch, I summon thee...

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 02, 2009, 10:24:03 pm »

OOC: Ok squad, should I scout some more (maybe to read the signs by the doors up the corridor) or should I rejoin the group by the sleeping quarters entranze? I'm for the latter cause I can get to the door and guard them pronto (as Yetiers suggested before) and as we wait for Wubula to approach I can use that time to switch back to my handgun; and I think that I'll get rid of it soon...so who's up for spare spikes?  Tongue

Hmmmm....Wawaweewa, Wawaweewa...hmm...Wa wa wee wa...Waw awe ewa...hmm...Wawaweewa, Wawaweewa...nothing comes to my mind  Tongue What movie are you referring to?* But the name is kinda catchy when you start saying it over and over: Wawaweewa Wawaweewa Wawaweewa Wawaweewa  Smiley you should definitely try it people  Cheesy

EDIT: Bloodlines fan, eh?  Smiley I'm fan of Troika as a whole, but more into Arcanum than into the Masquerade.

EDIT2: Also I must say that I'm wary of that spike grenade thingy guyz; its a plain bad sign...and a foreshadowing of a very "spiky" and possibly painful future  Tongue

*I too never watched Borat; what does that word mean/represents?  Huh
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 12:35:15 am by Son_of_Antares » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length