The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2020, 06:44:46 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Paul & Fred have reached a settlement with Stardock!

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Starbase Café (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  SC:BEL Mission 1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 67 Print
Author Topic: SC:BEL Mission 1  (Read 97733 times)
Son_of_Antares
*Smell* controller
****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 305


Arioch, I summon thee...


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2009, 09:33:23 pm »

IC: Gives a scowl look to Bach and mumbles something about first blood and no good earthling. Then moves W N N E. Gotta watch that fur Wink
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 03:08:54 am by Son_of_Antares » Logged
Lukipela
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3619


The Ancient One


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2009, 09:39:40 pm »

Wubula moves forward, stepping into the courtyard. The dazzled Ilwrath poses no threat to her, and she knows it. The door in front of her is worrying though, a large ornate thing in metal, not likely to fall apart as easily as the previous one. The doors are covered with ornate scenes from Ilwrath rituals, or at least that seems the logical conclusion. Beast of many different sorts are torn, quartered, burned and maimed in graphic detail.

Other than this the courtyard holds little of interest. No grass grows in this forlorn place, and the sky above is grey. No windows of any sort can be spotted, and beyond dried dark spots on the wall they are uniform blocks of solid rock. She turns to look at Sukuza, still a bit confused by his pre-slain enemy.


MAP



OOC: Well, it's time for bed, since I've got work in the morning. Everything seems to be going well so far, despite early confusions. Now that the rules are a bit smarter and simpler I'm sure we'll be able to continue the adventure soon. When Sukuzu is done, I'll move the Ilwrath and then it's once again time for "First to post moves first".

EDIT: Well, I'll add that last move tomorrow and move the enemies, then you're up again.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 09:43:04 pm by Lukipela » Logged

What's up doc?
Lukipela
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3619


The Ancient One


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2009, 04:38:11 pm »

Sukuzu daintily sidesteps the pool of gore and ichor in a not very warrior-like manner. He eyes the door in front of him hopefully, perhaps within he will find new enemies to slay.

The Ilwrath feels as if its mind is on fire. It is compelled to find its former friends and strike them down, to rend their traitorous flesh. But it cannot see any such beings, only the noble and good creatures that saved it from itself. Dazed and confused it staggers towards them, to show its appreciation. Such glorious beings of light, and what a wonderful feeling of love they have lit in it's mind.


Map:



OOC: Since the Ilwrath can't see any of it's kind, it simply walks toward the group randomly, based on the dice.

Turn 1 Results: Bach + 1XP, Wawa has used up the power Mayhem. Ilwrath will not defend during the next turn, and will revert to normal when you have moved. First post first move.
Logged

What's up doc?
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2847



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2009, 05:58:16 pm »

Ok, so only Sukuzu, Wubula and (if Sukuzu moves) Bach are able to get into firing range and fire this turn.
If Sukuzu shoots first and kills the Ilwrath, we still have enough AP to enter the door, though it's probably better to go in there with full AP. We may also want to examine the outer area first (while keeping an eye on the door), so that we won't be attacked from behind.
We also have an Ilwrath corpse left to examine. I suggest that Sukuzu and Wubula take out the Ilwrath, and either Bach or Wawa examines the corpse of the last Ilwrath for items.

Wubula moves E E N and fires at the Ilwrath. "Take that, Spiderman!".
Logged

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Yetiers
*Many bubbles*
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 175


IN MY OPINION -->


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2009, 07:00:54 pm »

OOC: Note that the Ilwrath is also reduced to 1 HP, and therefore Wubula has a 75% chance of killing him.

IC: "Bear witness to the power of the Almighty Lord!"

The spider-demon had fallen much easier than Bach had anticipated; he resolved not to loot its unholy items, and proceeded forth toward the corner of the building to check whether any of the Unclean still resided there.

Summary: N E E E
Logged
Lukipela
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3619


The Ancient One


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2009, 07:06:34 pm »

Wubula waddles forward, a strange grace in her flabby posture. As she raises her gun and fires, the Ilwrath jerks violently. Confused, alone and wounded, it never has a chance. With a guttural rasping it sags to the ground, and dies. A sad end for a wretched creature.

Map:


OOC: Wubula rolls a hit and a bullseye. The Ilwrath can't defend, and even if it did the bullseye would have killed it. You guys have the luck of the dice so far. Or the luck of probability. I wonder if defending should work a bit better. Oh well, this can and will be used against you as well I suppose.

Also, new rule! When there are no enemies visible on the map, looting, using and so forth does not take an action point. When no enemies are present, the only things that consume action points are moving and opening doors! This should make looting and healing and such a bit quicker.

EDIT: Darn, I can tell this is going to be a theme. Redoing the post.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 07:11:30 pm by Lukipela » Logged

What's up doc?
Son_of_Antares
*Smell* controller
****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 305


Arioch, I summon thee...


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2009, 07:47:33 pm »

OOC: Battle control online.

EDIT:

IC: I sniff that putrid slime left by the fallen enemy and carefully reach in the remains for the Paingiver - who knows what sort of toxic liquid makes these monsters tick? Tongue  Ahhh, a new melee weapon to master, and a pretty alien and weird one as well; an interesting task and good exercise of mind and body for any warrior. Sukuzu likes new stuff that can slash things and creatures in many different wayz. Then me and my newly acquired weapon move S E E E E E E (swiftly jumping over running pass Wubula and Wawa in an acrobatic 360 manner) to inspect the next corpse and see what we can find there...*?*

OOC: shouldn't I be one step closer to the left corridor (E)? I've got MOV 6, and it appears I used only 5 when I role played Sukuzu runnin for the rest of his MOV/APs.

OOC: Whoops yeah, I'll edit that in tomorrow. In the meantime, you could edit your new post into your previous post and delete your current one to make things less messy. I'll delete this when I've corrected my mistake.

Done  Wink
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 03:20:17 am by Son_of_Antares » Logged
Dabir
*Smell* controller
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 291



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2009, 07:52:28 pm »

Deprived of the opportunity to loot, a dejected-looking Wawa moves N-N and looks at the door.
Logged
Lukipela
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3619


The Ancient One


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2009, 08:20:23 pm »

Wukuzu has picked up not only the strange appliance known as a Paingiver, but also a fearsome barbed spike that the Ilwrath carried holstered on his back. A cursory examination shows that this is what passes for ammunition for the Paingiver. The weapon functions by some unknown hydraulic means, flinging the barbed spike forward with fearsome power. Being hit by one of these must be excruciating, as well as potentially fatal.

Map:



OOC: So Sukuzu has a secondary weapon with one shot, I'll post the stats soon. It's loaded with one spike, and has a second one for next time. I changed Sukuzus pattern since you need to be present on a square to loot the body. If you should ever encounter chest and such, being in the square next to it will suffice, but for bodies you need to trample through that blood. That means you didn't actually back flip over anyone though.

Okay, turn 2 is over and I'll update the stats.

Wubulu + 1XP. Sukuzu now has a secondary weapon, Paingiver. Switching out of battle costs no AP, but once you're in battle switching your main weapon costs one AP.

You're clear for turn 3, I'll update that tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 05:12:55 pm by Lukipela » Logged

What's up doc?
Dabir
*Smell* controller
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 291



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2009, 09:57:01 pm »

Wawa will move E-E-E, approaching the Ilwrath, and indicates mentally to Suzuku that it would appreciate examining the proceeds of the looting.
Logged
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2847



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2009, 10:25:13 pm »

Switching out of battle costs no AP, but once you're in battle switching your main weapon costs one AP.
"Out of battle" means no enemies visible?

So now what do we do? Shall we see what's around the corner to the east, or shall we split up, one group to the east, one to the west, or we could open the door right now.
Logged

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Son_of_Antares
*Smell* controller
****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 305


Arioch, I summon thee...


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2009, 10:34:14 pm »

OOC: I think that the corner is a safer variant, we could just sneak peak and run back if something nasty is out there (2, 3 or more Ilwraths). That door seem somewhat sinister to me...like that they are just waiting for us to open them  Tongue but I will agree  to go through if the rest of the team concurs with that. My vote is for the corner.

IC: Sukuzu will be happy to share any or all of the items that he finds with his good comrade Wawa...if they are shareable of course *sniff sniff* Wink
Logged
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2847



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2009, 10:49:37 pm »

OOC: The mission description did say "get in, locate the scientists notes, and get out again", not "take out the Ilwrath temple". Still, we wouldn't want any Ilwrath noticing those bodies while we are in the building and cutting off our way back out. (If they don't already know we're there from the gunshots.)
Logged

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Son_of_Antares
*Smell* controller
****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 305


Arioch, I summon thee...


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2009, 11:12:32 pm »

OCC: I'm totally fine with the "get in, steal the stuff, bail out" line as the primary objective of our mission. I'm just saying that the door are the most obvious way, but not necessarily the RIGHT way. They just wait for someone to open them. And GM is probably expecting from us to do just that. Think about it for a second.

IC: *scratches his back*
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 12:55:16 am by Son_of_Antares » Logged
Yetiers
*Many bubbles*
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 175


IN MY OPINION -->


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2009, 02:13:46 pm »

OOC: Well, I doubt the area around the corner of the building is heavily guarded, if at all. Checking it might allow us to gain extra XP if there are enemies there, though. That being said, it's going to take a lot of moves to get there and back again, so maybe Luki can let us make two or three turns at once just now?
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  


Login with username, password and session length

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!