The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:18:38 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Starbase Café (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  SC:BEL Mission 1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 67 Print
Author Topic: SC:BEL Mission 1  (Read 135655 times)
Son_of_Antares
*Smell* controller

Arioch, I summon thee...

View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #330 on: February 22, 2009, 12:03:50 am »

Somewhat unrelated, but I just remembered that Sukuzu still has that Pretty Flower. It doesn't seem to have had any effect on anything, maybe it was some sort of easter egg? I feel tempted to suggest that Sukuzu tries to eat it when he has the time, it's "stunning and delicious" so maybe you get -1 AP if you eat it. Tongue Of course, it might actually have a positive effect, so maybe he could just try to use it before a battle, or when he's wounded.

That's what I had in mind first time I picked it (that's why I picked it in the first place), and that's why I "nagged" to Luki when I saw it was gone from my current items list at one time...but seeing how "our GM" easily neglected it, I'm not so sure now that it has any real value (Supox youngling/permanent stat booster/instant full heal/power/ability granter etc). But that flavor text is simply to compelling...Maybe it wasn't an easter egg at first, but there's a chance that Luki made it into one after (re)reading our previous (and these) posts; sure hope he did such a thing  Wink but still I'm not gonna use it just yet - there's a chest in this room waiting to be opened - and Gods I hope there's a medikit among the other loot - and I believe I should keep it until we face an Ur-Quan or something. Something bigger and more ominous than the poor andros we just sliced and diced. Don't ask me why, I just have that strange gut hunch  Tongue
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 12:20:49 am by Son_of_Antares » Logged
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 22, 2009, 04:41:29 am »

OOC: Dabir: I bet there will be situations where you could hit two enemies with that spike grenade. That wouldn't be "relying on [it] to work as part of a plan", but we would be making more use of it like that. Not that it's a big deal; we're bound to encounter more of those things.

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 22, 2009, 12:26:32 pm »

OOC: Meep, yeah it's not in the text yet, vacation has me a bit behind. It was discussed in the thread with Yetiers a few pages back though.

Am I missing something here? If Sukuzu moves E E E that places him in the Andro's N E corner. If Wawa then moves S and throws the grenade 4 squares ahead, Sukuzu will be at the impact centre, taking three potential hits. Is this really what you want to do? Remember that I execute moves in turn of posting. The hits aren't parriable, they just have a 50% chance of hitting btw. I sugest you rethink your posts slightly. Still, if you change nothing I'll update this later tonight and have Wawa blow Sukuzu up.

Just so you know the flower had a dual purpose from the beginning, and still has.

What's up doc?
Yetiers
*Many bubbles*

IN MY OPINION -->

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 22, 2009, 12:44:18 pm »

Hey, maybe Wawa can try to psionically scan that flower after we clear the room. We might not get any useful information, but it's worth a try.
Dual purpose... hmm...

EDIT: Looking back I can see that Sukuzu planned to do just that, but forgot because we encountered Vogar. And I also see that the eastern rocks had begun to emit a strange buzzing once he picked up the flower, and he himself made some weird buzzing noises as he passed. Maybe Sukuzu should be examined by Wawa too? Oh and the rockfall, assuming there's some door that can quickly get us to it.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 12:52:10 pm by Yetiers » Logged
Son_of_Antares
*Smell* controller

Arioch, I summon thee...

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 22, 2009, 02:31:50 pm »

@Luki: Can you just play the Wawas post first and then mine? Or I should delete my post now and repost it immediately after deletion so it comes after the Wawas?

EDIT: Ok and done.

Just so you know the flower had a dual purpose from the beginning, and still has.

Cheesy neat Cheesy

OOC: although it looks nice and fits the Wubulas character better, I liked the previous art more than the current; it's not that I don't appreciate the effort - congrats to Dabir, he's doing a great job - it's just that this new Syreen seems a bit disproportional...and I like space amazons better than space amaTons  Tongue still, hi Wink

IC: Sukuzu finishes his disembowelment feast with a quick snap of the Ilwraths neck, just to be sure, and after he hears the Earthlings cry and realizes that the room is almost secure and that there is only one enemy left, he runs through the smoke E E E and tries to catch up on the fleeing andro. None shall escape, if I have to SLAY something on that matter he thinks, аѕ the shroud becomes clearer and clearer with each step that he makes.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 02:59:39 pm by Son_of_Antares » Logged
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 22, 2009, 02:41:47 pm »

@Luki: Can you just play the Wawas post first and then mine? Or I should delete my post now and repost it immediately after deletion so it comes after the Wawas?

The rules are that I execute them sequentially, not in the order you think is good. So yeah, if you don't want to go first then you should delete your post and repost it. Right now I can just scroll down and execute each persons move, if we start messing with that it'll take me much longer to go through what actions to execute and in which order.

What's up doc?
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 22, 2009, 06:12:36 pm »

Wawas spike grenade detonates with a satisfying boom, sending serrated spikes flying. The Androsynth twists and ducks, but fails to dodge all the shrapnel. Sukuzu runs through the smoke, preparing a finishing blow.

Map

OOC: Everyone but meep has moved, and -1 HP for Synth

What's up doc?
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 22, 2009, 07:06:20 pm »

OOC: Don't we get to see what's in the square with the corpses that Sukuzu walked over?
OOC: "Movement is halved within the smoke, rounded down.": What exactly is rounded down? The number of squares you can move, or the number of movement points used?
IC: Wubula moves E N (N).

when the Creators return
Yetiers
*Many bubbles*

IN MY OPINION -->

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 22, 2009, 07:23:37 pm »

It has been said above that it actually means that moving through smoke (which includes entering a smoke cloud and leaving it) takes 2 MOV (so you can only move E N).
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 22, 2009, 07:47:25 pm »

Yeah, I apologize for not updating the smoke part yet, but this is my final vacation day so I've left what I consider the non-essentials for tomorrow. Although I suppose writing that would have been faster than writing all this Smiley. Oh well. But as has been discussed somewhat confusingly in the thread, moving one tile in smoke takes 2 MOV instead of one, you can't fire or be fired upon in smoke, and if there is smoke between you and your victim you can't fire at them. Grenades and melee works normally.

What's up doc?
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 23, 2009, 04:31:18 pm »

As Wubula glides into the smoke much like an ocean liner into the sea, the Androsynth realises that he will never make it without being run down by the furry one. Desperate to buy himself time to escape, he hefts his stun baton and does his best to slow down his enemy. The first hit glances off Sukuzu, it's shocking sting temporarily disorienting him. The wounded Androsynth fails to take advantage of this, and the second blow whistles harmlessly past Sukuzus head.

Map:

OOC: Androsynth scores two hits on the first strike, and Sukuzu parries one. Misses completely on the second strike. Sukuzu has -1 AP. New turn.

What's up doc?
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 23, 2009, 04:47:41 pm »

Wubula moves E (to begin with).

when the Creators return
Yetiers
*Many bubbles*

IN MY OPINION -->

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 23, 2009, 04:53:24 pm »

Bach keeps running. E E.
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 23, 2009, 08:54:56 pm »

Our heroes shuffle through the blinding smoke.

Map

What's up doc?
Son_of_Antares
*Smell* controller

Arioch, I summon thee...

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 23, 2009, 09:29:47 pm »

IC: *shtlunk * Claws at ready. Strike now, strike true *lunges at andro and aims for the eyes* uses paws of fury E
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 04:03:26 pm by Son_of_Antares » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length