The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:23:35 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Starbase Café (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  SC:BEL Mission 1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 67 Print
Author Topic: SC:BEL Mission 1  (Read 135656 times)
Son_of_Antares
*Smell* controller

Arioch, I summon thee...

View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #360 on: February 27, 2009, 06:44:27 pm »

Sukuzu should put on the armour

What for? I would get no bonus from it because the parries are not "stackable"...are they?! If they are then every armor in the game would be a "broken" item  Tongue And as far as I can see, pretty soon we'll be up for some infiltration and spying and sneaking (quest #2 anyone?) and I can pass as an Andro as much as a lemon can disguise itself as Jupiter. Wubula is too blue. Wawa is too green. And I'm (in addition) too darn fuzzy. You're the best choice for this suit of armor, trust me on this one.

As for the other items I have no interest in them, and yup, I'll try to go for that level up mega heal.

But first, let's have Wawa inspect Sukuzu and the Flower. Please.

I second this.

Bach smashes the dead clone's face with his boot, and carefully removes his eye with his knife, wrapping it in leftover bandages from the medkit and placing it into his pocket; this might prove useful in opening the locked northern door

IC: Seeing how Grunfeld deftly plucked the eye out of the dead clone, Sukuzu looks at his Earthling comrade with curiosity and understanding: Ahh, my hunam fren' is making a fetish necklace to prove his qualities to the females of his tribe. Seems to me like we Shofixti and you Earthlings are not that much different in the end *walks closer to Bach* But let a veteran hunter share a few tips with you: take the thumb too and the forefinger. Or you can take all 5 fingers from his right hand if you just want to prove your manliness. Paws an...I mean feet and ears are also good choice, as well is tongue if you want to show your possible mates what are your true qualities. Don't be afraid to go for some other, more...secluded parts...or even entrails *comes a bit closer and whispers*...some females find that very attractive - if you know what I mean *grins at Bach and gives him a wink*  Grin  Grin  Grin

« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 01:43:23 am by Son_of_Antares » Logged
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 27, 2009, 07:05:19 pm »

OOC: I wonder what the purpose of that note is. Flavour? Telling us that the name of the Androsynth is DOS 1.0? Giving us a hint to disguise as an androsynth? The latter sounds pretty unlikely, as the Androsynth are clones, though I guess it is possible that the Ur-Quan doesn't know the different Androsynth bodies. Or one of us (Bach probably, being a human) could wear an Androsynth face as a mask (as if that would work). Maybe we'll find a helmet or something later.
As for the 12-0 score: we are through a lot of supplies, and now it appears there is a second floor too.
So what do we do with the goodies? I guess the armour is of no use to Sukuzu and Wawa will be at the back most of the time. So probably Bach or Wubula. As for the gun, Bach already has a 3 strike weapon, Sukuzu will mostly use close combat, and Wawa is too weak to wield it, so I agree with Yetiers that Wubula should have it. I'm for giving all the spikes to Wawa, who's the only one for whom the paingiver can be preferred to another weapon.

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Son_of_Antares
*Smell* controller

Arioch, I summon thee...

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 27, 2009, 07:31:24 pm »

the name of the Androsynth is DOS 1.0

OOC: What's this? A code? An acronym? I can't remember of it all right now, but I know the clones are superior to Humans in every way and science oriented, but is there anything in the core lore that can give us some hint about their names and their meaning (SC1 maybe?)? I'm unable to find it...and it smells like homebrew material to me. Btw I like homebrew  Cheesy
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 27, 2009, 08:26:34 pm »

OOC: DOS 1.0 is the name of one of the Androsynth captains in Melee. See here for what these names (may) refer to (with unfortunatly some speculation).

when the Creators return
Yetiers
*Many bubbles*

IN MY OPINION -->

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 28, 2009, 08:16:44 am »

OOC: Assuming that the parries are indeed not cumulative (which kind of makes the item too weak, I'd say -- maybe have the parries be cumulative, or have more of them, but have the armour be a limited-use item, like the Protective Charm), let's have Bach wear it then. I've changed my last move to S W, to be able to receive the armour easily.

IC: Hearing the blasphemous words of the dog-demon, Bach erupts in righteous fury. "AWAY FROM ME, SPAWN OF SATAN! How dare you tempt me with such a vile act!? I am not a debauched monster like you and your breed -- I am a servant of God, and I have never laid my eyes upon the shameful parts of any woman, be she even of the virtuous kind! To use devil entrails -- why, you even proposed using their male organs! -- to tempt whores... this is utter blasphemy! I will be lenient this time, demon, but know that should you ever try to tempt me again, God's Light shall purge you from this world, amen!"

He then turns around, and whispers to himself, "But maybe I am a hypocrite. Should I have come here? Maybe I should have died a martyr the day I was captured, not betray my faith and my God, fighting alongside demons." Then he begins to pray -- in a normal voice this time, for demons fear prayer. "O Most High God, Thou who art above all things mundane and fleshly, enlighten Thy humble servant in his hour of need..."
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 08:24:59 am by Yetiers » Logged
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 01, 2009, 06:55:53 pm »

IC: Wubula puts the paingiver in the chest and picks up the Androsynth handgun.

OOC: Now if Wawa moves closer, Wubula will give him/her the spikes and then move S (or E, depending on Sukuzu) and give the armour to Bach.

when the Creators return
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 01, 2009, 07:12:49 pm »

OOC:

Wait, you've actually written (or have had someone write, presumably meep) a program for this, or was that just a joke?

Just kidding.

Also, why haven't I looted the Androsynth's body? Do I have to specify that I want to do so? Oh well...

Yeah, you need to tell me what you want to do, otherwise it doesn't happen.

What for? I would get no bonus from it because the parries are not "stackable"...are they?!

No they aren't. That armour is a very basic Synth armour, so it doesn't give you much of a bonus.

What's up doc?
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 01, 2009, 07:17:04 pm »

Wubula picks up the enticing weapon as Bach and Sukuzu squabble.

Map:

OOC: Bach has used up his MOV, but Wubula technically still has 3 MOV/2 AP left. Since Wawa skipped this turn I'm going to declare a new turn to get things rolling again. Free for all, and only movement and opening doors consumes AP. Wubula can use the leftover MOV this turn if she wants, but I'd rather start a new turn than wait for a long discussion on whether Dabir can "Unskip" his skipped turn or not.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 07:19:21 pm by Lukipela » Logged

What's up doc?
Dabir
*Smell* controller

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 01, 2009, 08:08:26 pm »

Wawa glances around the room and its eyes alight on the body near the door. It steps S-S-E, attempting to manouvre its way tactfully around the argument towards whatever bounties may be found on the ex-Androsynth.
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 01, 2009, 08:24:54 pm »

Wubula gives the spikes to Wawa (to start with).

when the Creators return
Yetiers
*Many bubbles*

IN MY OPINION -->

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 01, 2009, 09:01:01 pm »

Hey Dabir, no love for our proposal to psychically scan Sukuzu and his Flower?
Son_of_Antares
*Smell* controller

Arioch, I summon thee...

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 01, 2009, 09:45:21 pm »

OOC: Sure was quiet around here for a few days...and now - a post avalanche  Smiley  Cheesy And really Wawa - scan me! SCAN me please!  Grin  Tongue  Tongue

IC: Taken a back by Earthlings "lecture", Sukuzu steps E slowly from the (un)holy human crusader glaring at him with fire in his eyes, giving his best to control his anger. Mission objective is what matters...think on the mission...forget about that paranoid diarrhea-mouth puke-brain fools blabbering. He's not worth it *he thinks to himself*  You try to be friendly, you try to help and this is what you get. Blah, damn humans. And what the hell he meant by calling me spawn of sateen?!? SATEEN?!?!? My fur is totally natural, not one hair is artificial, let alone made of sateen! Arrrghhh. Angry  Grin After that he decides to walk away E E E N S S S W W (circling carefully around Bach) and to cool his mind off a bit, mumbling to himself *no wonder* *grumpy all the time* *mumble* *never got* *mumble mumble* *sweet love* *no wonder* *pffft*  and do some possibly fruitful exploring. Sukuzu spotted an irregularity on the south wall the moment they entered the room, but had to wait until now to perform some research on that matter. He sniffs and searches the wall for secret entrances, checking it with his paws for cracks or loose elements.

OOC: The part of the map that is south of the beds is still under "fog of war". Could there be a secret door or something? Opinions?

EDIT: I'm gonna go and check that "art flaw" as you called it, just to be sure. It sure sounds better to do that than to open the door (and stay with 0 MOV) and probably face trigger happy andro squad or something even more ominous with a *duhhh* look on my face:P

SUMMARY: 4 E, N

EDIT2:
Tnx Luki, duuhhh it is.  Grin
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 12:29:28 pm by Son_of_Antares » Logged
Dabir
*Smell* controller

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 01, 2009, 09:56:52 pm »

As Suzuku moves t'ward the door, Wawa notices the mysterious humming Flower. With little else to do, it *looks* at the flower, checking for any latent psionic activity or possible signs of such. It also quickly checks over Suzuku as well.
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 02, 2009, 03:15:37 am »

OOC: The part of the map that is south of the beds is still under "fog of war". Could there be a secret door or something? Opinions?
Well, we never went through the main entrance. Perhaps it's just a corridor, or a broom closet. Then again, there is that suspicious indentation south of the second bed. Probably a graphics flaw though.

when the Creators return
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 02, 2009, 12:00:48 pm »

Well, we never went through the main entrance. Perhaps it's just a corridor, or a broom closet. Then again, there is that suspicious indentation south of the second bed. Probably a graphics flaw though.

Yep, that's a graphics flaw. The black space is a thick stone wall, one of the supporting structures in the temple. Not every tile in the temple is accessible. I'd suggest Sukuzu edit his movements, there's nothing whatsoever there.

EDIT: I'll update when I have Yetis and meeps move, or tomorrow evening, whichever comes first. Sukuzu also has a few steps left, I assume he isn't using them?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 07:46:16 pm by Lukipela » Logged

What's up doc?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length