The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:23:19 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Starbase Café (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  SC:BEL Mission 1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 67 Print
Author Topic: SC:BEL Mission 1  (Read 135663 times)
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #645 on: April 18, 2009, 01:09:27 pm »

Since we're "out of combat"... W, loot corpse, S, loot corpse, W, loot corpse. Time to find out what that slayer does. And Sukuzu should wait until we know, because Wubula will probably give it to him, so he can go one on one with the warrior.
(And don't worry guys, Wubula won't keep all the loot for herself)

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: April 18, 2009, 11:08:44 pm »

Update tomorrow since wine and stuff means it'd probably go woring toay. Just a short update to let you know that Son won't be back until Tuesday. So Sukuzu shifts from meep to Dabir on Sunday night, and well see when/if Son returns.

What's up doc?
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: April 19, 2009, 01:19:37 pm »

Wubula quickly steps through the corpses, looting as she goes. She picks up two spike grenades, and a Bonecrusher. The Slayer intrigues her, but worries her at the same time. Where did the Ilwrath get access to such technology?

Map:

OOC: Since Wubula is already carrying two weapons, she leaves behind the Paingiver carried by the apprentice, the locked Personalised Handgun carried by the Private and can't actually lift the Slayer unless she declares that she wants to drop one of her current weapons. She does pick up a Spike Grenade& spare spike from the apprentice and a second spike grenade from the dead Warrior. Oh, and the =http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg58755#msg58755Bonecrusher of course.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 01:21:16 pm by Lukipela » Logged

What's up doc?
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: April 19, 2009, 02:19:02 pm »

So why does the bone crusher have 6 charges? And what happens after that? Does it break?

Ok, so we know that the Slayer won't kill anyone in a single attack, and that it is best to attack its wielder from a distance. It is a nice weapon to attack multiple enemies with though.

And it looks like the Warrior is waiting for us.

Some of us could go around and attack it from a better position. We could also use the stun baton (giving things is free now). Or Sukuzu could attack directly, perhaps protecting himself with his table.

when the Creators return
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: April 19, 2009, 04:37:54 pm »

It's because I copypasted it from the stun baton, I'll go remove that.

Also, just to make sure it's clear. Unlike the Fleshroaster the Slayer is not a area effect weapon. The range described is for a single shot. If you fire at someone standing three squares away, only that person and those standing in the splash area between you and the target will get hit. Once the shot impacts someone, it stops and no further squares are affected.

What's up doc?
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: April 20, 2009, 11:21:57 am »

Sukuzu and Wawa left, and Dabir is in charge of both. Off you go!

What's up doc?
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: April 20, 2009, 11:29:34 am »

If Sukuzu wants the Slayer, Wubula will give it to him (still in this turn).

when the Creators return
Dabir
*Smell* controller

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: April 20, 2009, 05:59:07 pm »

Suzuku gladly accepts the Slayer from Wubula, licking his chops at the idea of turning his enemy's weapon against it. His new gun at the ready, he leaps S-S-W, barely able to contain himself but aware that should he be seen before he is ready, all could be lost. He has a powerful weapon now, but he is mindful that the warrior has the same.

Wawa trudges on, stepping S-E and opening the first of the doors. It realises that closing them might not have been the cleverest idea.
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: April 20, 2009, 08:35:58 pm »

I was hoping to do an update this evening, but it seems I got caught up with improving graphics. And failed spectacularly. So next update tomorrow. Sorry Sad

What's up doc?
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: April 20, 2009, 09:01:56 pm »

Suzuku gladly accepts the Slayer from Wubula, licking his chops at the idea of turning his enemy's weapon against it. His new gun at the ready, he leaps S-S-W
...right into a wall.
Note that Sukuzu has 6 MOV. Also note that the claws are just as powerful as the Slayer, and don't take a plasma charge.
What he can do though is S S, wield table, S, fire Slayer W.

when the Creators return
Dabir
*Smell* controller

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: April 20, 2009, 09:57:38 pm »

'Tis the curse of Suzuku, not being able to tell left from right!
Slightly dazed from his mad rush into the brickwork, Suzuku... does exactly what meep just said because that's a good plan.
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: April 21, 2009, 06:21:12 pm »

'Tis the curse of Suzuku, not being able to tell left from right!
Slightly dazed from his mad rush into the brickwork, Suzuku... does exactly what meep just said because that's a good plan.

Ahahahaha.  Cheesy I didn't even notice that until I started updating right now and moved him into a wall. I'll give you a bit to sort it out.

EDIT: Darn, Dabir was just on and I hoped he'd be back by now. Oh well, Son should be back tomorrow anyhow, and if not maybe meep can take over since Dabir seems a tad busy. Slow going, but we'll get through this lads. My original estimate of June may not have been that far off Smiley

EDIT2: Huh. I could have sworn that was Yeti posting above me, not Dabir. Sorry bout that. Too late for an update now as I'm heading out, but we'll be back for more adventures tomorrow.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 07:53:05 pm by Lukipela » Logged

What's up doc?
Son_of_Antares
*Smell* controller

Arioch, I summon thee...

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: April 22, 2009, 11:41:14 am »

OOC&IC: I have returned Wink
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: April 22, 2009, 06:46:30 pm »

As Wawa blissfully keeps heading away from the battle and anything remotely interesting, Sukuzu hefts his table shield and prepares for battle. Rounding the corner, he spots his foe immediately. The Slayer makes an odd sound as superheated plasma is discharged, careening down the corridor with an inhuman screeching sound. As the sound scours his ears while plasma scours the walls, Sukuzu idly wonder if the Ilwrath consider the sound a flaw or a perk. The very sound of this weapon certainly sounds like torture.

The ineffectiveness of the weapon is pretty apparent, as large amounts of plasma simply embeds itself in the walls or sprays on the floor. But enough reaches his foe to cover his carapace. As the incandescent material burns his toughened carapace, the Ilwrath grunts in pain. Not for long though. He deftly raises his own weapon and lets a charge fly. It is a good thing that Sukuzu carries a shield. The first load of plasma careens into it, charring the table shield yet leaving Sukuzu almost unharmed. Only a few small globs manage to bypass his defences, filling his nose with the smell of smoking Shofixti.

Taken aback by this strange device, the Ilwraths next shot goes wide. It harmlessly burns the wall to Sukuzus left.

Map:

OOC:

Sukuzu hits the Ilwrath with a single bullseye, so the enemy now has 2 HP. The Warrior retaliates by firing his Slayer twice. On the first shot, he scores 3 hits. Luckily, with the Table shield Sukuzu has 6 parries. The first parry succeeds, as does the fifth one.  The shield has thus been subjected to one hit, and has three left, and Sukuzu is subjected to one hit and loses 1 HP. On his second shot the Ilwrath misses completely. I guess his shots were gravitating towards the mean value or something.

What's up doc?
Yetiers
*Many bubbles*

IN MY OPINION -->

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: April 22, 2009, 08:21:46 pm »

I'm moving W W W S.

I think Sukuzu shouldn't have equipped the Table Shield, all he can manage now (due to the loss of MOV) is 6 strikes, so he only has a ~50% chance of killing the Warrior.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length