The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:25:16 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Starbase Café (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  SC:BEL Mission 1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 67 Print
Author Topic: SC:BEL Mission 1  (Read 135667 times)
Son_of_Antares
*Smell* controller

Arioch, I summon thee...

View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #930 on: June 22, 2009, 10:25:45 pm »

Sukuzu reloads his trusty Slayer.
Draxas
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #931 on: June 23, 2009, 12:24:57 am »

Now knowing how the Staff works, I think it would be a fine weapon for Wawa in the final assault on the command canter. Beyond that, it's probably not worth the cost to reload it. Still, I think it's a no-brainer for him to dump his Peashooter in favor of this, at least until it runs out of ammo (in which case, we should still probably take it home for the boys in research).

I'm going to switch back to my rifle before we take up positions for the next assault.
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #932 on: June 23, 2009, 12:44:01 am »

Hmm... indeed. I didn't realise it was something which Wawa could wield. Though it may still be good for Wawa to take a "general" upgrade. If anyone could do with a bit more STR or MOV, it's Wawa.

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #933 on: June 23, 2009, 04:32:27 pm »

Did we find out what was on the sign near the door to the unexplored room yet? Otherwise, this would be a good time to read it.

You didn't. Whoever wants to read that sign needs to tell me that their character is doing it though *whistles innocently*

EDIT: Also, Wubula picks a general upgrade, which means she gets + 1 MOV. Congratulations, you're now the second fastest in the team. Not bad for a fat woman eh?

EDIT2: Also, about one week left to finish this up. Looks like you might get to the end after all. Who'da thought it? I might give you some extra time since updates are going to be sparse this week, major stress situation.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 04:38:05 pm by Lukipela » Logged

What's up doc?
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #934 on: June 23, 2009, 05:06:52 pm »

Did we find out what was on the sign near the door to the unexplored room yet? Otherwise, this would be a good time to read it.

You didn't. Whoever wants to read that sign needs to tell me that their character is doing it though *whistles innocently*
Fine, Wubula reads the sign.
And someone should examine that orb.

EDIT: Also, Wubula picks a general upgrade, which means she gets + 1 MOV. Congratulations, you're now the second fastest in the team. Not bad for a fat woman eh?
W00t! That was the stat I was hoping for.

Edit: Wubula is stil listed as being level 1.

when the Creators return
Draxas
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #935 on: June 23, 2009, 07:09:48 pm »

And someone should examine that orb.

Another thing I meant to do. I'll check it out, and take it with us if it looks possible / feasible.
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #936 on: June 23, 2009, 10:55:13 pm »

Maybe we can take the entire altar with us, so that we can always recharge the Mystic Staff. Wink

when the Creators return
Draxas
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #937 on: June 24, 2009, 12:24:48 am »

That would be great. I can see it now: Wawa leading the way with staff poined menacingly, and the other 3 of us team-lifting around a gigantic stone altar behind him. Cheesy
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: June 24, 2009, 12:46:13 am »

Let's make a shield out of it. Wink

when the Creators return
Dabir
*Smell* controller

View Profile
« Reply #939 on: June 24, 2009, 06:44:53 pm »

General upgrade it is.
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #940 on: June 25, 2009, 06:09:43 am »

Bach confidently wanders over to the altar and examines it. It is a pitiful heathen thing, cut from a single block of stone and resting solidly on the floor. It is crude and it is almost beneath his dignity to examine it closer. It’s littered with dried fluid specks and the bones of unfortunate victims. The only remotely interesting part of the altar is the large green gem that has been sunken its middle. The stone glows with an inner light of some kind, a malevolent presence. As he reaches out to touch it, he can feel an unholy heat radiating from it. Reconsidering, he pulls his hand back. Who wants heathen trinkets anyway?

Wubula approaches the sign and peers at it. The text is really tiny and she wonders who would use such a uselessly small font. The sign is also dirty, some dark liquid has been splattered over it and dried. Moving closer, she leans in to read it. Its standard Ur-Quan script and conveys the message "Got you! Har har har!"

As the meaning sinks in Wubula hears a clicking noise. Instinctively she dodges and rolls backwards, barely avoiding the large stone hammer that whooshes through the air where her head was only seconds earlier. It smacks into the sign with a resounding thud. Wubula shudders. That explains the stains. Someone else wasn’t as prepared.

OOC: Wubula rolled for successful evasion, would’ve cost 1 HP otherwise. Wawa gets his general upgrade, which is speed as well! + 1 MOV means he can run as fast as Bach now. As a side note, not everyone has + 1 MOV as their first upgrade even though it may seem so at present. Once you've decided upon the loot and chosen uyour places, we're ready to roar.

Also, I won't be able to do a map update until Sunday, but I will be around today and on Friday to answer questions. Satruday I'll be so gone it's not even funny.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 06:59:21 am by Lukipela » Logged

What's up doc?
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #941 on: June 25, 2009, 07:53:25 am »

These Ilwrath have a weird sense of humour.

when the Creators return
Son_of_Antares
*Smell* controller

Arioch, I summon thee...

View Profile
« Reply #942 on: June 25, 2009, 09:57:52 am »

IC: Sukuzu moves S, 4E, N and approaches the alien altar. With a purposeful look on his face he searches through his backpack and then reaches toward the crystal with the Pretty Flower in his hand. He places the flower no more than two lenghts of his paw above the alien artifact...*awaiting the result*

OOC: If nothing happens Sukuzu then just collects the strange Gem. When I think about it, even if something does happen, Sukuzu's nxt action will be taking the Gem.

EDIT: "Har, har!" line implies that this is an Umagh prank.

We'll probably encounter some of those "friendly" blobs by the end of this mission.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 11:38:49 am by Son_of_Antares » Logged
Draxas
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #943 on: June 25, 2009, 03:50:27 pm »

If Sukuzu doesn't have any luck with his method, I'll grab the nearest heavy, disposable, blunt object, and desecrate the altar by smashing that gem loose. It's not like Dogar and Kazon can get any more pissed at us, can they? We already killed their entire (or at least most of) priestly population for this fortress. Even if the science boys don't want it, I'll at least have done a bit of God's work, right?
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #944 on: June 25, 2009, 10:19:07 pm »

EDIT: "Har, har!" line implies that this is an Umagh prank.
Ah, I missed that. Indeed, that makes more sense.

when the Creators return
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length