The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 27, 2021, 04:02:02 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Paul & Fred have reached a settlement with Stardock!

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Starbase Café (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  SC:BEL Mission 1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 67 Print
Author Topic: SC:BEL Mission 1  (Read 111814 times)
Lukipela
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3619


The Ancient One


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2009, 02:28:04 pm »

I won't be able to update until late this  evening or tomorrow. If you want to, you can all post several turns, and I'll execute them until something unexpected happens.  Then we can delete the superflous turns.
Logged

What's up doc?
Son_of_Antares
*Smell* controller
****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 306


Arioch, I summon thee...


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2009, 03:57:12 pm »

OOC: well I can run down the hallway at my full AP and exactly place Sukuzu one step into the eastern hallway and do the recon...it would save us some time. If there's something of interest there then we could speed up 3 or more turns so the whole team can reach that position (as Yetiers suggested). I am a scout after all  Wink so...

IC: Understanding the Wawas wishes through the mental uplink that was established between the two, Sukuzu chooses to forgo the looting of the second corpse, happy with his new toy that he found in the first one. After that he chooses to scout forward and moves E E E E E E E as silently and carefully as possible, trying to make no noise at all. When he reaches the beginning of the eastern hallway he looks down to the end of it as stealthily and cautiously as he can. He sees...*?*
Logged
Lukipela
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3619


The Ancient One


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2009, 05:21:27 pm »

Peering around the corner, Sukuzu realises that this planet may not be barren after all. A beautiful flower is growing in the middle of the courtyard, it's strong colours suddenly making this ashen hellhole seem a little bit less hostile. Behind the flower the temple walls appear to have caved in. You can see a brief glimpse of the arid dry soil outside, reminding you of your trek towards the temple. Apparently even in this still place wear and tear happens, and the Ilwrath probably aren't the best caretakers.

The flower glistens invitingly, it's petal moist from nectar juices. Because of your breathing gear, you can't really smel it, but it probably smells wonderful as well. You find yourself wondering what kind of pollinating animal may exist out here, and whether encountering it would be a good idea.


Map:



OOC: Wubula and Bach left for this turn. If you want to organise yourself around the door or go around the other side or whatever feel free to post several concurrent turns as Bach suggested. I'll process them up until the next discovery, whatever it might be. I'll try to do one more update tonight, but if not then tomorrow.
Logged

What's up doc?
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2847



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2009, 05:25:47 pm »

Wubula wobbles W W W W. And then W W W W and W W W.
Logged

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Dabir
*Smell* controller
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 291



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2009, 05:38:50 pm »

Wawa paces E-E-E and searches the body.
Logged
Yetiers
*Many bubbles*
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 175


IN MY OPINION -->


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2009, 06:02:54 pm »

Bach knelt in front the large temple door, and began to pray, presumably attempting to exorcise the evil spirits that dwelt within the unholy structure.

Summary: W W N N
Logged
Son_of_Antares
*Smell* controller
****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 306


Arioch, I summon thee...


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2009, 12:47:42 am »

IC: What is a nice thing as that doing in a desolate place like this??? Ehh...it reminds me of the vast meadows of my beloved homeworld Kyabetsu, its beautiful flora, the freedom of the open skies and never ending runs in the open with my pack and my fellow warrior-mates...so unlike that infinite and dark void called "TrueSpace"...*shrugs* If only I could sniff it and use it to mark my terr...ups...khm khm khm. Heh. Yesss. Right.  Grin Sukuzu restrains his primordial instincts and swiftly runs N N N N N E down the corridor with the same caution as before, and collects the wonderful flower. After that he examines the cave in. O.O
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 06:23:14 pm by Son_of_Antares » Logged
Lukipela
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3619


The Ancient One


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2009, 04:07:49 pm »

Expecting the unnatural calm to broken at any moment, the warriors move swiftly. Wawa rifles through the dead Ilwrath's belongings and finds another Paingiver and an extra spike. Wubula and Mr Bach move towards potential entry points, steeling themselves for the battle ahead.

And Sukuzu... pauses to pick a flower. As he removes it from the soil, his finely tuned hearing detects something. It isn't a sound, but rather the cessation of one. The flower was alive and emitting some sort of odd high pitched noise. It isn't anymore. As he wtaches befuddled, the colours drain from it's petal, and the stem shrivels and dries. Realizing that he has killed the one beautiful thing this planet has offered so far, Sukuzus heart is heavy.

The rockfall is dense and unpassable. There seems to be a humming noise emanating from it now, which certainly couldn't be heard just a moment ago. The sound is vaguely familiar, and oddly threatening.


Map:



OOC: Okay, Wubula has moved two turns, before she gets to the corner the three others need to post one more turn. And Sukuzu has a flower.

EDIT: After discussing thsi in the rules thread some new changes:

Arilou now has several new powers.
Old Arilou powers upgraded (Mayhem, Blast and Stun)
Syreen gets one new power
Pretty bauble recharges three powers
Using all powers gives 2 XP to Arilou
Everyone gets + 1 HP

New XP limits for Syreen (6XP), Human&Shofixti (7XP).

This should make the game fairer to power players, and more balanced all around. Since Mayhem has been used and now rightfully should have killed an Ilwrath I'm giving Wawa 1 XP, but Wubulu keeps hers as well.

Hopefully this will make your experience more enjoyable! Go forth bravely.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 02:26:56 pm by Lukipela » Logged

What's up doc?
Yetiers
*Many bubbles*
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 175


IN MY OPINION -->


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2009, 07:23:03 pm »

I'm passing this turn.
Logged
Lukipela
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3619


The Ancient One


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2009, 07:26:44 pm »

Noted. That leaves two moves before Wubula is back on.
Logged

What's up doc?
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2847



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2009, 08:10:26 pm »

And Sukuzu... pauses to pick a flower. As he snaps the stem, his finely tuned hearing detects something. It isn't a sound, but rather the cessation of one. The flower was alive and emitting some sort of odd high pitched noise. It isn't anymore. As he wtaches befuddled, the colours drain from it's petal, and the stem shrivels and dries.
OOC: Great... you killed a Supox...
Logged

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Dabir
*Smell* controller
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 291



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2009, 08:22:17 pm »

OOC: Psychic Scan the area behind the rockfall or not?
Logged
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2847



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2009, 08:34:30 pm »

OOC: I say "not". It won't influence what we do now anyhow; we can't use it for a tactical advantage. In front of the door would be a better place, but I suspect we'll have more use of it later. Especially as the enemies will probably be harder furtheron.
Logged

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Dabir
*Smell* controller
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 291



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2009, 08:36:41 pm »

In that case, Wawa shall stalk W-W-W.
Logged
Lukipela
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3619


The Ancient One


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2009, 09:03:58 pm »

Carrying his newfound loot, and suddenly feeling much more certain of his own psychic prowess, Wawa heads west.

Map:



OOC: Ok, once the marsupial has moved we get to see what's behind the corner! Looks like that won't be until tomorrow though.

EDIT: Updated Psychic Radar to make it easier to see what kind of an area it affects.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 09:13:46 pm by Lukipela » Logged

What's up doc?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  


Login with username, password and session length

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!