The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 15, 2021, 11:23:31 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Paul & Fred have reached a settlement with Stardock!

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Starbase Café (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  SC:BEL Mission 1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 67 Print
Author Topic: SC:BEL Mission 1  (Read 110747 times)
Son_of_Antares
*Smell* controller
****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 306


Arioch, I summon thee...


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2009, 12:55:27 am »

And Sukuzu... pauses to pick a flower.

OCC: Whoa wait there for a second. I didn't say I picked a flower in a brutal manner - like ripping it from the ground and severing the root or other parts of the plant; I sad collected. CAREFULLY collected. With the root and the ground around it intact. But if the damage is already done, and cannot be undone, I will change my IC statement into carefully picked.  Roll Eyes

OOC: Great... you killed a Supox...

OCC: Maybe. But to find a Supox this deep in Ilwrath space? Don't think so. Their sphere of influence is on the other side of the quadrant so I sincerely doubt that this was a sentient plant Wink Furthermore, we are in the original SC timeline not UQM, so technically Supox are yet to be discovered by the alliance/hierarchy races. And I was just role playing a Shofixti - which marsupial (meta or regular) could restrain itself from acquiring such an beautiful blossom? Grin

ICC: Sukuzu smells the flower, slowly inhaling its powerful odor. Suddenly his keen senses tingle awkwardly, in response to the now silent surroundings. He didn't notice the sound that was echoing in the background at first, but now when it was gone he was clearly disturbed and wary pausing for a moment with his ears upright and his snout high in the air. Not knowing what was the meaning of this strange noise (a living alert beacon perhaps?) he meticulously stores the flower in his backpack into the capsule for conservation of organic and biological specimens. Seeing that the cave in is impenetrable without the help of some heavy-duty explosives, he swiftly runs S S S S W W to catch up on Wawa, hoping that he with his mental powers could help the team to understand the nature of the strange veggie better.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 07:12:38 am by Son_of_Antares » Logged
Lukipela
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3619


The Ancient One


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2009, 03:02:26 pm »

As Sukuzu heads towards his comrade, the rubble behind him continues to buzz, a low monotonous sound. Nothing else seems to happen though.

As Wubula rounds the corner, she encounters an Ilwrath. The creature has clearly been expecting her, sounds from the previous fights must have alerted it. However, as it has apparently been charged with guarding a door it has not joined the fight earlier. Small wonder, breaking orders in Ilwrath society is usually punished in inventive way. Nevertheless, now that it has an enemy, it quickly lets off a shot from it's fierce Paingiver. The spike penetrates Wubulas shoulder and causes grievous pain and temporarily stunning her.

Through the haze of pain Wubula notices a few things. There is a door in the outer wall here, and behind the Ilwrath there seems to be some sort of sing on the wall. Further onward, another rockfall blocks the path.


Map:



OOC: Ilwrath sentry is allowed to use one AP immediately, the other one is reserved for his own turn. His manages to succesful strikes. Wubula fails one parry and loses an HP and the other one causes stun, i.e no HP loss but loss of one AP in her next turn. Since Wubula was in the middle of her turn she instead loses her remaining AP this turn, and thus she can't perform any more actions. Once the other three have moved, the Ilwrath gets to use his final AP and then we're in a new turn.

Also edited the previous text to have the Shofixti delicately pick the flower. end results are still the same, removing it from the soil causes it to dry up a bit and the noise stops.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 11:43:20 am by Lukipela » Logged

What's up doc?
Yetiers
*Many bubbles*
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 175


IN MY OPINION -->


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2009, 04:25:49 pm »

Summary: W W W W

Bach's concentration was disrupted by loud noises from around the corner. "The succubus has run into yet more of these spider-demons", he thought as he raced toward Wubula (fully expecting that he would arrive too late to make any difference).
Logged
Lukipela
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3619


The Ancient One


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2009, 05:28:43 pm »

Mr Bach moves with a purpose. What it is remains to be seen.

Map:



OOC: Sukuzu and Wawa up next.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 05:49:39 pm by Lukipela » Logged

What's up doc?
Son_of_Antares
*Smell* controller
****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 306


Arioch, I summon thee...


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2009, 06:24:46 pm »

IC: Seeing Wubula being hit, and not knowing how many enemies there might be around the corner, Sukuzu starts to growl and runs W W W W W S to help the big Syreen, this time fording right through the Ilwrath remains with anger, clean fur or not. *grrrrrrrrraawwwwwrrrrrrg*
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 06:29:53 pm by Son_of_Antares » Logged
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2847



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2009, 06:39:37 pm »

OOC: Wubulu could use Playback next turn, and let the Ilwrath enter the door to do a bit of scouting. What do you think?
Logged

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Lukipela
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3619


The Ancient One


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2009, 06:47:36 pm »

Sukuzu charges forward. The hard gravel of the courtyard bites into his feet as he runs. Will he reach his allies in time for battle? And what of the odd noises he is leaving behind? Only time will tell.

Map:



OOC: Ok, so When Dabir has posted we get some more action. Forgot to add grey in the last map updating now. It's a fog of war, meaning you can't see what happens there since you have no visual contact.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 06:50:03 pm by Lukipela » Logged

What's up doc?
Yetiers
*Many bubbles*
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 175


IN MY OPINION -->


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2009, 07:25:03 pm »

OOC: Wubulu could use Playback next turn, and let the Ilwrath enter the door to do a bit of scouting. What do you think?


OOC: I don't see what use that would be, besides telling us whether the opposition is stronger through that entrance or the main one (though I suppose it's quite likely that the opposition is lighter through the secondary entrance) -- and even knowing that isn't very useful, as I'd slaughter everybody within the installation for extra XP. Of course, if there are other Ilwrath in the first chamber, this sentry might very well kill one of them and then get killed as well, thus getting rid of two enemies at once, but if that's our only motivation for using Playback then we can very well just wait to enter the building before using it on one of the guard within.
Logged
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2847



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2009, 11:07:31 pm »

OOC: Well, we'd know what we were getting into and adjust our tactics accordingly. Perhaps it would be beneficial to enter the building from two doors at once. I think this is the sort of thing what Playback is good for, whether we use it now, or save it for later.
Logged

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Son_of_Antares
*Smell* controller
****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 306


Arioch, I summon thee...


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2009, 01:00:07 am »

OCC:We don't know if that door lead in the same room as the big temple door in the main hallway. What if it's just some storage room 6 squares big and we just wasted a potentially powerful enemy-counter for nothing?  Tongue we're going to off this spider anyway so meep-eep could just fall back and wait for the rest of the team - it may even lure the Ilwrath to follow her and jump right in front of our gunz and get squished with an "ups" look on his face. And am I the only one who's noticing that thing on the wall behind the Ilwrath? What is that? A switch? Mailbox? Ashtray? And isn't there another door 3 squares across on the other wall? Hmmm.

IC: Sukuzu runs W W W W W W hastily on all 4s to gain some acceleration while sloshing a bit more with his paws through the second corpse on his way to the western corridor. More angry growling.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 07:15:01 am by Son_of_Antares » Logged
Dabir
*Smell* controller
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 291



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2009, 10:11:27 am »

Fleet Feet time.
IC:Compelled by the urgency and the distance to tap into his mental reserves once more, Wawa empowered his own legs with a sprintin' edge and moved W-W-W-W-W-W.
Logged
Lukipela
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3619


The Ancient One


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2009, 11:38:33 am »

Wawa sprints to the rescue, but cannot get there in time.

Excited by it's success, the Ilwrath smoothly reloads it's weapons and fires once more. The sight of blood seems to have excited the creature too much though, as the spike sails harmlessly past Wubula.

Map:



OOC:

Ilwrath fires his weapon and stunningly rolls two misses, which is lucky since Wubula wouldn't have been able to parry anyhow. Wawa uses one AP to cast fleet feet, and can thus only move three steps this turn.  A new turn has started, so this and the following turn he can move 6 steps. First post moves first.

EDIT: Looking back over the turns it looks like at least the Arilou and possibly the Shofixti have moved out of turn once. Sorry about that,  the multiple turn posting must have confused me. I'll do better from now on. Anyhow, at the start of turn 6 I am now waiting for everyone's moves.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 11:51:44 am by Lukipela » Logged

What's up doc?
Yetiers
*Many bubbles*
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 175


IN MY OPINION -->


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2009, 12:34:58 pm »

Summary: W W W W

Bach suppressed the blasphemous thought that it would've been better if he hadn't wasted time to pray in front of the temple door and kept running.
Logged
Dabir
*Smell* controller
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 291



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2009, 05:10:10 pm »

Seeing another spike fly from around the corner, Wawa put as much effort as it could into nearing the area, sprinting W-W-W-W-W-W.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 08:21:54 pm by Dabir » Logged
Lukipela
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3619


The Ancient One


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2009, 06:09:32 pm »

OOC: Once you've all posted I'll update. As a heads up, I'll be leaving on a business trip tomorrow evening and return on Wednesday night. I've also gotten some horrible English cold which makes me yearn for nothing but the sweet embrace of death. Nonetheless, I'll do my best to squeeze in a few updates, but they wont be as common as they've been so far.
Logged

What's up doc?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  


Login with username, password and session length

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!