The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 15, 2021, 09:38:05 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Paul & Fred have reached a settlement with Stardock!

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Starbase Café (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  SC:BEL Mission 1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 67 Print
Author Topic: SC:BEL Mission 1  (Read 110657 times)
Dabir
*Smell* controller
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 291



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #150 on: January 24, 2009, 03:40:19 pm »

OOC: I'm wondering about these spikes, like how they're affected by being fired. Since the paingiver has room for only 1, and each apprentice carries only 1 spare, might used spikes be reusable?
Logged
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2847



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #151 on: January 24, 2009, 04:24:00 pm »

Wubula moves E E S S.
Logged

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Son_of_Antares
*Smell* controller
****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 306


Arioch, I summon thee...


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #152 on: January 24, 2009, 06:31:42 pm »

Son_of_Antares, you mean W W W S S W.

You're right tnx, typo #2, damn keyboard, I'm gonna get a new one this one is way too old and defected  Tongue  Cheesy I edited my post so it now matches the right coordinates. Is it ok that I go south and you revise your post  and go for the roaster (somehow I managed not to see your move before I posted mine Tongue )? Sounds a bit more logical to me, but if you disagree, no prob, I'll edit my move.

OOC: I'm wondering about these spikes, like how they're affected by being fired. Since the paingiver has room for only 1, and each apprentice carries only 1 spare, might used spikes be reusable?

Well then we should be able to pull a spare one out of Wubula as well Grin
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 06:39:22 pm by Son_of_Antares » Logged
Yetiers
*Many bubbles*
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 175


IN MY OPINION -->


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #153 on: January 24, 2009, 08:50:33 pm »

It's OK, son (I'm going to use your name without capitalizing the S because it sounds fun Smiley), I was just wondering if Lukipela might object. Even though I'll probably not need the roaster right now, it was a silly move on my part to guard the southern door -- its "height" is only two squares, making my ranged weapon slightly impractical.

Quote
Well then we should be able to pull a spare one out of Wubula as well

Heh. Reminds me of Oblivion.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 08:58:28 pm by Yetiers » Logged
Son_of_Antares
*Smell* controller
****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 306


Arioch, I summon thee...


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #154 on: January 25, 2009, 11:10:18 am »

OOC: Ok then, that's cool with me Yeti, son agrees. Luki? Smiley

p.s.-arrrgh...Oblivion. Ungh  Tongue
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 05:41:37 pm by Son_of_Antares » Logged
Lukipela
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3619


The Ancient One


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #155 on: January 25, 2009, 12:59:48 pm »

Mr Bach moves to pick up the Fleshroaster, a weapon that feels most satisfying in his hands, as Sukuzu quickly darts towards the southern door. Wubula takes up a more tactical position.

Map:



OOC: The Spikes are of Ilwrath design, and tend to twist and crumple a bit on impact,. Since the launcher is pretty sensitive that means that they can't be reused, they'd stick in the machinery. An interesting question might be where the Ilwrath got this sort of lightweight semi-advanced technology. The Fleshroaster has four shots left.

As long as you change your moves before I make my post I'm fine with it, so I've moved you in accordance with your wishes. I don't see how the game would be any better if I punish you for discussing your strategies and revising your tactics. After I've made a post (or started writing it) I won't change things unless it's for an extremely good reason.

Dabir left this turn, his last with fleet feet. Then I'll move and you.. well you know the drill by now.
Logged

What's up doc?
Dabir
*Smell* controller
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 291



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #156 on: January 26, 2009, 07:08:21 pm »

With the curiosity natural to Arilou overpowering all caution, Wawa darts E-E-E-E and makes an attempt to open the enormous chest.
Logged
Lukipela
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3619


The Ancient One


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #157 on: January 27, 2009, 06:40:49 pm »

Wawa struggles to open the big heavy chest, his Arilou muscles struggling. As the lid slides open, he finds the chest filled to the brim with trinkets. Apparently, this is where the Ilwrath discard the possessions of their victims. There are worn pieces of clothing, stained with various bodily fluids. Countless alien objects, meaningless to Dabir are mixed in with the clothes, as is a large amount of whitened bones. Apparently some parts of their victims were stored here as well.

Just as he is about to discard the contents of the chest, something pulls on his attention. There is some object in there which speaks to him in a way he is not accustomed to. Rifling through the tattered contents, he finds a small amulet. It is decorated with the feathers of some unknown bird, and consists of bones far too alien for him to identify.  But this amulet has an aura of sorts. It glows with some sort of finite psychic energy, a protective spirit. Holding this amulet, Wawa feels as if he is stronger and more able than he would otherwise be.

With renewed vigour he continues his search. The chest yields one more item, much more worrisome than the last. Dirty and battered, it is unmistakeably a Alliance Medikit. You are not the first Alliance members to pass through here. And it seems that whoever came before you perished in a most vile way.

The green creatures move in a scurried, frightened fashion. One positions itself at the door, eagerly looking out towards the courtyard. The other takes up position by the southern door, watching Sukuzu intently. It is clear that the creatures want to leave, but whatever is behind this door has entranced them. Sukuzu feels as if a voice is speaking from far away, words garbled but meaning unmistakable. It is asking for help.


Map



OOC: Dabir finds another Medikit and a Protective Charm. The amulet will allow him to roll an extra defence dice during his next free attacks. The ability will only be consumed when it has been necessary to roll three extra dice, i.e if the enemy misses or inflicts one strike which he parries with his normal parry the amulet isn't diminished.

Your turn again.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 07:54:09 pm by Lukipela » Logged

What's up doc?
Yetiers
*Many bubbles*
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 175


IN MY OPINION -->


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #158 on: January 27, 2009, 07:20:29 pm »

OOC: I suppose you've already moved the enemies (if necessary) and we can move now?

Anyway, as for the medikit and the Ilwrath voodoo charm -- Wawa already has a medikit and he might very well not need even that one, and he isn't in the frontlines too often for the charm to be so useful, so maybe he should give these items to either Sukuzu or Bach? He's much closer to Bach right now, so maybe he could, at least temporarily, give the charm to him.
Logged
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2847



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #159 on: January 27, 2009, 07:43:16 pm »

OOC:
I'd suggest giving one of the medkits to someone who doesn't have one yet, so that he has it when he needs it.
We should also prevent the non-Spathi from entering the door to the south, and maybe Sukuzu could open the door in the wall to the west. Lukipela: Can a player walk through neutral creatures?
And what to do next... some of us could go back to the front door, so we can attack from two sides. On the other hand, we may not want to wait while more Ilwrath come to investigate. Although it would be easier if they come in through the bottleneck.
At any rate, it probably wouldn't hurt if Sukuzu would just open the door to the south, so we can see what's there.
Logged

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Lukipela
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3619


The Ancient One


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #160 on: January 27, 2009, 07:55:16 pm »

OOC: It depends on the type of neutral creatures. These are small and frightened, so you can move through them.
Logged

What's up doc?
Dabir
*Smell* controller
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 291



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #161 on: January 27, 2009, 08:00:23 pm »

OOC: I see your logic there with the items. If Suzuku or Wubula are going to be opening the south door, I'm thinking that I might radar at the top of the room?
Logged
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2847



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #162 on: January 27, 2009, 08:15:25 pm »

OOC: I think it's more useful to use the radar to decide what we should do next. Though there's something to be said for keeping it for later.
Logged

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Son_of_Antares
*Smell* controller
****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 306


Arioch, I summon thee...


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #163 on: January 27, 2009, 08:16:32 pm »

IC: Answering to the call of the mysterious voice, Sukuzu makes a ninja-like silent attempt to open the southern door and steps even more silently into the room (if the door can be opened).[/i]

summary: opens the door (1 AP?) and moves S

edit: copy that
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 08:34:35 pm by Son_of_Antares » Logged
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2847



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #164 on: January 27, 2009, 08:26:43 pm »

OOC: I'd wait with the moving until we know what's there. Though I suspect it's more non-Spathi. There may not even be another exit, in which case moving is rather pointless too.
Logged

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  


Login with username, password and session length

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!