The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 15, 2021, 09:47:17 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Paul & Fred have reached a settlement with Stardock!

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Starbase Café (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  SC:BEL Mission 1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 67 Print
Author Topic: SC:BEL Mission 1  (Read 110664 times)
Lukipela
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3619


The Ancient One


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #180 on: January 29, 2009, 07:17:15 pm »

As our heroes take up positions, the creatures start filing out through the door.

Map:



OOC: Changing turn even though people have MOV left, I assume you weren't plannign to use them. New turn begins now.
Logged

What's up doc?
Yetiers
*Many bubbles*
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 175


IN MY OPINION -->


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #181 on: January 29, 2009, 07:45:18 pm »

I'm passing this turn, Wubula will probably want to do the same, Wawa will want to come one square closer to the door (N) and Sukuzu will want to step in front of the door and change his ranged weapon to a Handgun, then the next turn he can open the door.
Logged
Lukipela
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3619


The Ancient One


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #182 on: January 29, 2009, 07:46:57 pm »

Fair enough, I'll wait for confirmation. Next update will be tomorrow.
Logged

What's up doc?
Son_of_Antares
*Smell* controller
****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 306


Arioch, I summon thee...


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #183 on: January 29, 2009, 09:37:13 pm »

IC: Sukuzu paces E N E E N and opens the northern exit...he peaks in slowly sniffing the air within with his snout, searching for the Ilwrath scent...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 11:03:34 pm by Son_of_Antares » Logged
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2847



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #184 on: January 30, 2009, 12:06:05 am »

I think it would be better if either Wubula or Bach opens the door. With full AP left, they can easilly get away again if necessary.
Logged

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Dabir
*Smell* controller
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 291



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #185 on: January 30, 2009, 12:17:53 am »

Wawa's nervously twitching fingers alight upon a shape that is both familiar and alien. It looks down and remembers that it carries a new weapon. Holstering its Peashooter, it brings out the Paingiver and, gripping the handle tightly for comfort, takes one step closer to the door.

OOC: It might be an idea to leave Wawa in front for now, given that friendly fire from weapons is a risk but other players in psychic powers' line of fire is a guaranteed fail. Plus Wawa's got the amulet, defensive powers and a medkit just in case.
Logged
Son_of_Antares
*Smell* controller
****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 306


Arioch, I summon thee...


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #186 on: January 30, 2009, 07:49:33 am »

I think it would be better if either Wubula or Bach opens the door. With full AP left, they can easilly get away again if necessary.


With 3 parries I laugh in the face or danger...or death....or both! Hahahahahaha! *opens the door*  Grin

OOC: How many spare spikes do we have? I could use one for me paingiva' (because I have only 1 reload left)  Tongue
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 07:53:07 am by Son_of_Antares » Logged
Yetiers
*Many bubbles*
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 175


IN MY OPINION -->


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #187 on: January 30, 2009, 02:25:32 pm »

Paingivers. Just. Suck. It's 2 strikes per turn (remember that reloading takes 1 AP) instead of the Handgun's 4 strikes/turn. Don't open the door, swap the ranged weapon instead. We can open the door next turn, when we'll all have full AP.

As to Dabir's idea, if he stays in front he'll have to open the door himself, thus losing 1 AP; since Wawa only has 3 MOV, he won't be able to relocate in case the enemy isn't in a straight line with him, or fire twice in case there are multiple enemies. If Sukuzu opens the door, he's going to enter the room anyway, freeing Wawa's line of fire.

Also, I don't know why I said that Sukuzu should open the door; Wubula's damage output is lower, so I'd guess she should open the door instead (which means that Sukuzu should change his move to E E N N and Wubula should move E). Wubula will in fact be protected if she opens the door, as we will storm the room anyway, covering her. Plus, she'll be able to use Confusion on any enemy in the room.
Logged
Lukipela
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3619


The Ancient One


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #188 on: January 30, 2009, 04:11:54 pm »

With the eagerness of a battle thirsty warrior, Sukuzu quickly advances past his comrades to open the door. Through it, he sees a long hallway branching out into two directions. At the far end is an Ilwrath, but thankfully his quick peek goes unnoticed by the creature.

Wawa steps forward, and holsters its Peashooter. Time to bring on some pain.

Map:



OOC:

Like I said, you're free to debate your tactics until I come along and update the game. Battle waits for no man.

The Ilwrath can't see you, but he has noticed that the door has opened. He wont be suspicious, but if no one comes out he'll probably come to check it out. Unfortunately Wawa switched his weapon after Sukuzu opened the door, so he loses one AP for that. So Wawa has 1AP/1MOV left, the Bach and Wubula are free to move.

Sukuzu is acting very much like an eager young Shofixti warrior, so good role-playing there I suppose. Lets hope he doesn't overextend himself.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 04:13:27 pm by Lukipela » Logged

What's up doc?
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2847



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #189 on: January 30, 2009, 05:33:19 pm »

OOC: Ok, so the Ilwrath isn't on guard.

IC: Wubula moves E N W, and fires her weapon at the Ilwrath.

OOC: I suggest that wawa does N N FIRE after that, and then Bach W N E FIRE if necessary.
Logged

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Lukipela
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3619


The Ancient One


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #190 on: January 30, 2009, 06:48:37 pm »

Excitedly, Wubula runs into the corridor, pulls out her handgun and fires. Unfortunately, adrenaline gets the best of her and the shots go wide. The Ilwrath hisses at her.

Map:



OOC: Wubula rolls two misses.
Logged

What's up doc?
Yetiers
*Many bubbles*
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 175


IN MY OPINION -->


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #191 on: January 30, 2009, 07:34:54 pm »

Summary: W N E fire
IC: Amused by Wubula's failure, Bach rushes through the door and fires at the Ilwrath, summoning all the righteous anger he can muster (and that's a lot of anger, considering the many Unclean whose purging has been denied to him).

OOC: Wawa only has 1 AP left this turn (by the way, Luki's forgotten to change his/her weapon in the table on the right), so he/she can't fire at the Ilwrath now.
Logged
Lukipela
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3619


The Ancient One


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #192 on: January 30, 2009, 08:55:19 pm »

Moving out, it seems that Mr Bach is a bit shaky as well. His two first shots go wide, but by the final one he has calmed his seething rage and hits the Ilwrath with a sickening thud. The creature had no chance of dodging such a well placed bullet.

Map:



OOC. Two misses and a bullseye. Ilwrath loses one HP. Dabir (1 MOV/1AP) left this turn, unless he wants to skip. Next update tomorrow.
Logged

What's up doc?
Dabir
*Smell* controller
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 291



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #193 on: January 30, 2009, 09:04:07 pm »

Wawa holds its ground, gathering its nerve to face the bullets.
Logged
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2847



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #194 on: January 30, 2009, 09:30:57 pm »

OOC: Oops, I didn't realise Wawa had only one AP left. It looks like Bach is going to be hurt.
Logged

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  


Login with username, password and session length

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!