The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 05, 2021, 08:41:04 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Paul & Fred have reached a settlement with Stardock!

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Starbase Café (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  SC:BEL Mission 1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 67 Print
Author Topic: SC:BEL Mission 1  (Read 112150 times)
Son_of_Antares
*Smell* controller
****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 306


Arioch, I summon thee...


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #555 on: April 04, 2009, 01:04:36 pm »

OOC: Or meep can simply move N, fire offing the warrior and then retreat back S and you (Yeti) could run up to the door and seal them shut. Then we get all sneaky and ambushy.

IC: Feeling the blood frenzy surging through his body once again, Sukuzu shouts at the big Syreen trying not to lose control and charge into the room: "Wubula shoot the warrior! Kill him so we can retreat to safety and still make some carnage! Shoot! NOW!" He then prepares to jump back into relative safety of the corridor.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 01:06:32 pm by Son_of_Antares » Logged
Yetiers
*Many bubbles*
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 175


IN MY OPINION -->


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #556 on: April 04, 2009, 01:26:31 pm »

Quote
OOC: Or meep can simply move N, fire offing the warrior and then retreat back S and you (Yeti) could run up to the door and seal them shut. Then we get all sneaky and ambushy.

I have only 2 MOV remaining, so I can only get next to the door, but not do anything to it. So Wubula is the only one who can close the door and seal it, and that takes 2 AP.
Logged
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2847



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #557 on: April 04, 2009, 01:45:15 pm »

IC: Wubula moves N, and quickly closes and bars the door.
Logged

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Lukipela
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3619


The Ancient One


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #558 on: April 05, 2009, 11:58:17 am »

As Wubula slams the door shut, she feels something slamming against the inside. She just barely has time to slide the beam in place before the door starts shaking. Howls of fury can be heard from inside as the Warriors throw themselves against the door.

Map:


OOC: Since you've got several turns now, just decide how you want to place yourself. No moving necessary. I'll then move us 4 turns forward.
Logged

What's up doc?
Son_of_Antares
*Smell* controller
****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 306


Arioch, I summon thee...


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #559 on: April 05, 2009, 12:12:48 pm »

I'll take the upper right corner by the door.
Logged
Dabir
*Smell* controller
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 291



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #560 on: April 05, 2009, 12:13:22 pm »

Idea: Wubula where she is, Suzuku E of Wubula, Wawa E of Suzuku and Bach E of Wawa.

Plan: When they open the door, Wubula fires and sidesteps, Suzuku fires and sidesteps, Wawa fires and sidesteps, Bach fires twice with the rifle, as he has the best ranged weapon and is healed best by the chemical cocktail. I'd also suggest that Wubula and Suzuku step in opposite directions, so that if an enemy survives and stands near her she can use Pheromones without affecting Suzuku. Suzuku can then step up and melee, Bach can pick them off, and then if it really turns out to be necessary Wawa can stand in front of Bach and use Untouchable to protect him, otherwise Paingiver happens.
Logged
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2847



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #561 on: April 05, 2009, 01:41:20 pm »

Lukipela: so what happened to those "markers" left on the minds of the enemies in that room?
Son_of_Antares: I'd chose a position where you have somewhere to flee to.
Dabir: ...and then they toss in (out) a granade...
And when they open the door, they may have movement left to immediately attack. With that Slayer weapon perhaps.
I'm thinking it would be better to start with each player standing around a corner. Taking one step before attacking does not cost an AP.

I've made a picture of my proposed plan:


We start by moving the table. If Sukuzu can make a shield out of half of it in 2AP, we should have the time to move that table there. Next, we set it on fire using the fleshroaster.
Sukuzu stands closest, as he is fastest and may want to attack using close combat attacks lateron. Wubula is next, as she can use the confuse skill in retreat if necessary. Wawa moves the slowest so he/she/it should be given the headstart, which leaves Bach in third position, who should incidentally probably wield his long-range weapon.

Variations:
  • Move Wawa to the location marked with "1" and move Wubula and Bach one square to the east. Wawa won't be in the way of the others, and will already be a fair distance away if the enemies chose to attack. He/she/it won't be as effective there though, and if more than one enemy decides to go after him/her/it, he/she/it will have a problem. (One is probably not a problem, due to the corners and the Psychic flash.)
  • Instead of setting the table on fire, place the spare gas tank under it, and open it. A spark from a bullet against a wall or floor should set off the gas. We may actually do some damage with the table instead of just having it serve as an obstacle. A disadvantage would be that the blast will be unpredictable. Will it cause an explosion, or just a fireball? How far will it reach? Will it knock out walls, floors, or ceilings? Who will hear it?
  • Move Sukuzu to where Wubula is standing, and Wubula to the northwest corner of the room. The total number of squares to run to the southwest exit will be one less, though it will leave Wubula at more risk, and Sukuzu will be further away from the enemy if he choses to attack in close combat.

EDIT: I managed to click modify instead of quote and obliterated meeps post. Sorry about that. Luckily all the text was still in my browser, but I lost the image link. Terrbily sorry. -Luki
EDIT: You also screwed up the bullet points. It's all good now again, though. - Meep-Eep
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 05:58:51 pm by meep-eep » Logged

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Yetiers
*Many bubbles*
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 175


IN MY OPINION -->


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #562 on: April 05, 2009, 02:21:23 pm »

I'm going northeastsoutheast of the eastern door (which is to say, 2 squares N of where Sukuzu is staying in meep's drawing), and I'm wielding the Fleshroaster as my ranged weapon.

I propose that Sukuzu and Wubula stay where they are in the drawing (Wubula might want to stay 2 squares further E though, in case the Slayer functions like a grenade), and Wawa stays north of the door to the small room with the chair (he can fire from there just as well as from where he is in meep's drawing, but he can also retreat more easily).
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 11:36:32 am by Yetiers » Logged
Lukipela
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3619


The Ancient One


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #563 on: April 05, 2009, 05:39:18 pm »

Quote
Lukipela: so what happened to those "markers" left on the minds of the enemies in that room?

Er, I forgot about that. I'll go put it right in.

Also, I clicked modify instead of quote and managed to hose up your post. Luckily, I managed to restore everything except the image link. Sorry.  Undecided
Logged

What's up doc?
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2847



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #564 on: April 05, 2009, 06:06:09 pm »

As I received no comment on my plan from Lukipela, can I assume that what I am suggesting falls within the rules, and that the table fits through the door (with sufficient violence applied, if necessary), and that the table is made of a combustable material?

And to save some more discussion: if the plan is accepted in essence, but Bach moves to the nw corner of the room, Wubula will stand one step to the right, and if Wawa decides to stand elsewhere, Wubula will stand one more step to the right.
Logged

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Lukipela
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3619


The Ancient One


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #565 on: April 05, 2009, 08:32:36 pm »

As I received no comment on my plan from Lukipela, can I assume that what I am suggesting falls within the rules, and that the table fits through the door (with sufficient violence applied, if necessary), and that the table is made of a combustable material?

To be honest, this is pretty far from the mechanics I originally devised for this game. But it sounds quite fun and a game without creativity is pointless. So sure, you can move the table and set fire to it. Once set fire to, the table will act as a flaming barrier for two turns, after which it is reduced to ashes. After that it will be covered by smoke for one turn. If you don't set fire to it, it'll take the enemy 2AP to shift it to the right/forward.
Logged

What's up doc?
Yetiers
*Many bubbles*
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 175


IN MY OPINION -->


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #566 on: April 05, 2009, 08:40:03 pm »

If it works like that, let's put the table in the eastern door (horizontally) and set it ablaze at such a time that the smoke protects us during the turn our enemies break through the door.
Logged
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2847



View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #567 on: April 05, 2009, 08:56:06 pm »

Lukipela: so we can shoot through the barrier while it is burning?
Yetiers: I'm not sure what you mean. You want to put the table in the eastern door with half of it on the west side, and half of it on the right side?
Logged

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Lukipela
Enlightened
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3619


The Ancient One


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #568 on: April 05, 2009, 09:02:15 pm »

Yeah, you can fire through the fire (heh). Once it goes out there'll be a bit of smoke for a turn, which you can't fire through.
Logged

What's up doc?
Yetiers
*Many bubbles*
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 175


IN MY OPINION -->


View Profile
Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
« Reply #569 on: April 05, 2009, 10:00:01 pm »

Yetiers: I'm not sure what you mean. You want to put the table in the eastern door with half of it on the west side, and half of it on the right side?

Yes, that's exactly what I mean.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  


Login with username, password and session length

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!