The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:03:22 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Starbase Café (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Amber the Dragon website
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Amber the Dragon website  (Read 4939 times)
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
Re: Amber the Dragon website
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 06:45:01 am »

Oh snap!

What's up doc?
jaychant
*Smell* controller

Please visit my homepage

View Profile WWW
Re: Amber the Dragon website
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 12:10:00 pm »

The problem, as I see it, is that those AdSense ads are attached to a Jaychant webpage. Of course nobody is clicking on them!

Ha ha ha, very funny.

The only people that even know about me in the SCDB are the SC fan community. The guys at the GMC (who are probably the majority of the people visiting the site) would only know me for my games: Amber the Dragon, Bowser: The Betrayal, and Mario AI.

I didn't even notice the ads fiirst time around, I had to go back and check. I assume Adsense is the same as Google ads, right? Taking a wild stab in the dark, I'd say you have two problems. First off, the smaller problem is that your ads are placed at the end of the page. When people are done reading a section they are just going to click "Next" rtaher than scroll down to the commercials.

Secondly and more importantly, you've either not thought very hard about your keywords or someone else has set them up in a very stupid manner. My GoogleAds on the first page are: "Talking Website Character, Luscious Amber Beads, Baltic Amber Pendants and Amber Necklace". Out of those, only the first one sounds remotely interesting, and I still wouldn't click it. It seems your marketing thinks that "Amber the Dragon" is a site which pulls in people interested in the material amber. I don't think a large percent of your visitors are going to be interested in amber jewelry though.

Keep in mind that I just looked at your first page, if you've more interesting ads elsewhere I missed them.

That's odd, on the first page I see a bunch of ads for videogame stuff. I see what you see more on the content pages.

Anyways, I guess I need to reword the articles...

Please visit my homepage.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length