The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:15:37 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Project 6014 – Ur-Quan Masters mod
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 46 Print
Author Topic: Project 6014 – Ur-Quan Masters mod  (Read 191410 times)
Cedric6014
Enlightened

View Profile
Re: Project 6014 – Ur-Quan Masters mod
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 06:46:13 am »

For the benefit of those working on alien design and dialogue. I'm going to write a plot development document.

Also, I think I might as well post the starmap. You can use it to get a sense of the new universe and where abouts your race might be.

Next question, how do I actually post an image on here? Helpful answers only please

Play online melee here! http://irc.uqm.stack.nl/
Shiver

Email
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2009, 07:52:43 pm »

For the benefit of those working on alien design and dialogue. I'm going to write a plot development document.

Also, I think I might as well post the starmap. You can use it to get a sense of the new universe and where abouts your race might be.

Next question, how do I actually post an image on here? Helpful answers only please

Image tags. img in square brackets, the URL of the file you're trying to show, then /img in square brackets. You could have figured this out by quoting a post with images in it.
Cedric6014
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2009, 08:51:24 pm »

Thanks

Here's the starmap. I'm wondering if the Chmmr sphere should be a bit larger

Hmmm I was hoping for something a bit larger like what Nicholai managed for his visuals

And here's a Comm screen

And here's a the outfit starship screen (so far)

« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 08:57:41 pm by Cedric6014 » Logged

Neonlare
*Smell* controller

Nut Case for Star Control

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2009, 09:28:42 pm »

Impressive, I really think that this is going to do well. Is there anything you would like me to help out with in particular at this moment?

"would newton's law theory actually work if a Chmmr Avatar did a backwards pelvic thrust towards a planet and would this constitute an X=Y-0 in the part it ran straight into a Supox Blade and lasted long enough to survive?" - Elerium (as Valaggar)
Cedric6014
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2009, 09:33:36 pm »

Yep, write that Fjorn dialogue! As I said above I think its helpful if I keep track of plot developments in one doc and post to the writers so they know wtf is going on. This will be my mission for the next few days

Things that need to be done for a demo:
  • New bio sprites
  • New Earthling Cruiser and Syreen Officer Comm screens
  • Introductory dialogue for Syreen, Commander Hayes and Earthling Cruiser Captains(nothing major). Oh and the ORZ. Anyone brave enough to tackle that? Or at least correct the feeble attempt that I will make?[

I guess main issue now is the Comm screens. I dont have too many graphic artists at my beck and call

« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 09:44:51 pm by Cedric6014 » Logged

Elerium
*Smell* controller

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2009, 04:03:40 pm »

Introductory dialogue for Syreen, Commander Hayes and Earthling Cruiser Captains(nothing major). Oh and the ORZ. Anyone brave enough to tackle that? Or at least correct the feeble attempt that I will make?

You'd have to send me a small clip of the plot first, like just the basic introduction then I can take off from there to focus on the Earthling lines first Tongue

As for mod discussion I recommend the #uqm-arena on IRC freenode to talk. Also, I laughed "My ship is lame, can I get a new one?"

"NO."

Also I suggest we remove the Ilwrath and instead have them as pirates, it fits them more to be honest too. As the Thraddash have glassed the Ilwrath homeworld and their seat of government any surviving in space just live off capturing helpless vessels and torturing the crew, blowing up any ships, coming out of nowhere, fry it then retreat back into the cloak from whence they came. Perhaps some survivors have a cloaked station somewhere which was previously used to spy on Thraddash movements during their war now used as a Ilwrath pirate/temple base.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 04:29:33 pm by Elerium » Logged
Dabir
*Smell* controller

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2009, 05:11:08 pm »

Hmmm I was hoping for something a bit larger like what Nicholai managed for his visuals
Imageshack hates people putting full-size pictures on forums. My advice is to get a Photobucket account, you can keep all your P6014 stuff in one place.
sirving
Zebranky food

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2009, 06:41:53 am »

For the Earthling comm screen is there anything specific you were looking for? i.e things that should be in it? obviously a captain? the bridge? other crew?
Cedric6014
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2009, 10:15:42 am »

Nope, let your imagination go wild. Priority will be a comm screen for the cruiser.  Might stick with Hayes for Starbase for old times sake

Elerium
*Smell* controller

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2009, 12:11:49 pm »

Nope, let your imagination go wild. Priority will be a comm screen for the cruiser.  Might stick with Hayes for Starbase for old times sake

Yeah, Hayes would keep the Starbase, but make sure to remove the slave shielded Earth and replace it with an unshielded one (could splice the visible Earth in the SC2 ending) with ships flaring across the screen in the background and small flares in the background so it's a bustling homeworld.

The Captain's new ship would have to be kept where the old Precursor ship used to be for repairs though (side view sprite).
Dabir
*Smell* controller

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2009, 12:39:50 pm »

Oh and the ORZ. Anyone brave enough to tackle that? Or at least correct the feeble attempt that I will make?
I'm not very good at starting things from scratch, but I could have a go at that "correction" idea.
sirving
Zebranky food

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2009, 05:44:50 am »

I was just playing around with ideas on the cruiser comm screen, here's a quick throw together I made just to visualize my idea. thoughts?

Vindicator
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2009, 06:16:43 am »

This is very interesting!

A few thoughts

1. Is this taking place almost immediately after SC2? Because it might be nice to have some starter (introductory) missions of using your Earthling Cruisers to protect colony ships from pirates (Ilwrath), expanding the Human sphere of influence.

2. I like the new map, it really shows some of the disorder and changes post Ur-Quan (at least from what we see).

3. Is the human sphere a bit too small? It seems hard to imagine Alpha Centauri not being in the human sphere, given that it was practically your backyard in the SC2 game.

4. I understand that the Human sphere can't get any bigger without overlapping with the Chmrr sphere, though that might not be bad either.

5. The explorer is gorgeous and perfect.

6. For the human cruiser bridge, have you considered having the back/back arrangement from SC1? Or is that unfeasable in case you are talking to a cruiser with only 1 crew member?

7. On the human bridge, I like Sirving's concept, it might be very SC2-like to have a large blow-up of the cruiser in the background (a status report with many flashing indices!) I think the bridge will be Vux-like, in a sense.

Anyway, these are my thoughts, take them for what you will. If you need people to think over story ideas, try to mull things over in the context of the SC2 universe, I'll look over any new forum and try to think of anything. Otherwise, just do what you are doing. I've been lurking for a long time and I think your project is very feasable.
Megagun
Enlightened

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2009, 06:18:09 pm »

I made some Hayes graphics mods earlier: http://mooses.nl/uqm/cmdrmod/
Cedric6014
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2009, 06:46:29 pm »

I was just playing around with ideas on the cruiser comm screen, here's a quick throw together I made just to visualize my idea. thoughts?
Hey that's a promising start! No reason that couldn't work. Looks like you've used actual photo images eh. Would it be hard to cartooniminise them?

1. Is this taking place almost immediately after SC2? Because it might be nice to have some starter (introductory) missions of using your Earthling Cruisers to protect colony ships from pirates (Ilwrath), expanding the Human sphere of influence.
An introductory mission could be a good idea for the demo (rather then just have empty space for people to fly around in)

3. Is the human sphere a bit too small? It seems hard to imagine Alpha Centauri not being in the human sphere, given that it was practically your backyard in the SC2 game.

4. I understand that the Human sphere can't get any bigger without overlapping with the Chmrr sphere, though that might not be bad either.
Actually, spheres dont have to centre on homeworlds, so I could just shift it down a bit. I envisage the Earthlings to be a lot less powerful than Yehat or Chmmr

5. The explorer is gorgeous and perfect.
You can thank VileRancour for that, who with any luck is working on ship sprites and other related art as we speak

Anyway, these are my thoughts, take them for what you will. If you need people to think over story ideas, try to mull things over in the context of the SC2 universe, I'll look over any new forum and try to think of anything. Otherwise, just do what you are doing. I've been lurking for a long time and I think your project is very feasable.
Thanks, the positive stuff keeps me motivated for sure.

I made some Hayes graphics mods earlier: http://mooses.nl/uqm/cmdrmod/
Sweet! I've downloaded the .pngs. We can tick that off the list of things to do.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 08:17:48 pm by Cedric6014 » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 46 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length