The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:54:32 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Project 6014 – Ur-Quan Masters mod
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 46 Print
Author Topic: Project 6014 – Ur-Quan Masters mod  (Read 191413 times)
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
Re: Project 6014 – Ur-Quan Masters mod
« Reply #180 on: September 27, 2010, 08:13:58 pm »

Man, this thread went to the gutter. But the 30th is coming up, heated fantasies or not. We'll be flying around running into all manner of exciting stuff in a whole new world!

What's up doc?
dczanik
*Smell* controller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: September 29, 2010, 10:39:49 pm »

Demo should hopefully still be out Sept. 30th, EST.  It's going down to the wire.  This may not  be the version we all wished for. There's a couple of small bugs we have to work out  Embarrassed, but we really wanted to try to hit the Sept.30th date for you guys. There will probably be a 1.1 demo coming out a couple weeks afterwards.

- Damon
Ur-Quan Masters HD Project leader/artist. Project 6014 Artist.  Like my art? Please check out some of my other artwork
Valos Cor
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 30, 2010, 12:25:48 am »

Don't worry about the bugs.  If a game never has had a bug, its not a game, is it?  Am I right?

I'm the kind of person that uses Linux and seems to be a very literate adult but has no idea how to do anything code-wise beyond basic stuff.(such as su -<password> yum install uqm) Except I didn't install UQM that way...I used Add/Remove Software...
onpon4
Enlightened

Sharing is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: September 30, 2010, 12:15:49 pm »

Don't worry about the bugs.  If a game never has had a bug, its not a game, is it?  Am I right?

You could create a game that's so simple that it fails to have bugs.

For example: A command line based game where the goal is to guess the password to activate an evil robot's self-destruct sequence, and have 3 tries (if you type the wrong password 3 times, the robot kills you). This would be SO simple to make, it would be very easy to prevent it from ever having bugs. And although it's lame, it seems to count as a game in my book: there's a little story, there's a goal, you can lose, and there's a choice. Not a very fun game, but a game (if only a stupid game of half-impossible chance) nonetheless.

But of course, if it's a game that will actually be worth playing, it will almost definitely have bugs.

Valos Cor
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 30, 2010, 02:51:48 pm »

Yeah... I meant a game worth playing (in my gaming opinion).  Star Control, Vega Strike, stuff like that... 

Though if I were to create a simple commandline-game... I'd probably have a bug  Tongue

Yay today is the 30th Smiley

Well, I'll be busy so its not like I'll be the first in line.

I'm the kind of person that uses Linux and seems to be a very literate adult but has no idea how to do anything code-wise beyond basic stuff.(such as su -<password> yum install uqm) Except I didn't install UQM that way...I used Add/Remove Software...
SweetSassyMolassy
*Smell* controller

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 30, 2010, 03:44:25 pm »

As soon as the Aussies (Kiwis--is that right?) wake up.

I am not always understand about what you speak, unfortunately.
chenjesuwizard
*Many bubbles*

I support Project6014

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 30, 2010, 05:30:57 pm »

In New Zealand it is now 4:30am on the 1st of October
We're waiting for the Americans. It's 10:30am there, so it could be quite a while before we get it.

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
Quinarbre
Frungy champion

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 30, 2010, 05:46:42 pm »

We've aimed for midnight CST, but we've closed source updates already and it's down to compiling and packaging.
So if nothing goes amok, and it shouldn't, you guys may be spoiled a little earlier Smiley
dczanik
*Smell* controller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: September 30, 2010, 06:53:09 pm »

I'm testing it right now. Looks awesome. I kept wanting to post, but dammit the game keeps bringing me back in.

- Damon
Ur-Quan Masters HD Project leader/artist. Project 6014 Artist.  Like my art? Please check out some of my other artwork
chenjesuwizard
*Many bubbles*

I support Project6014

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 30, 2010, 07:01:16 pm »

I can't wait for this.

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
Valos Cor
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 30, 2010, 10:10:45 pm »

Wow, I am so excited!  This project was pretty much the overwhelming thing that urged me to join the forums to offer my services (though I probably would've joined if the project didn't exist) and I never really realized how long ago the project started!  Around 17 months ago, right?  It is amazing that it is still quite active after all those months and read it unfolding.

I try to tell people about the Ur-Quan Masters, but they never seem to have a clue what it is or care.  Do you think that if we encourage people to play the mod, it will make them want the original?  Though the mod might spoil the game...

onpon4
Enlightened

Sharing is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: September 30, 2010, 11:00:54 pm »

Wow, I am so excited!  This project was pretty much the overwhelming thing that urged me to join the forums to offer my services (though I probably would've joined if the project didn't exist) and I never really realized how long ago the project started!  Around 17 months ago, right?  It is amazing that it is still quite active after all those months and read it unfolding.

I try to tell people about the Ur-Quan Masters, but they never seem to have a clue what it is or care.  Do you think that if we encourage people to play the mod, it will make them want the original?  Though the mod might spoil the game...

People don't want to play UQM because it's old. If anything introduces UQM to more people, it'll be an HD mod, and even that isn't likely going to interest a whole lot of people.

Valos Cor
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 30, 2010, 11:54:28 pm »

Yeah...that's too bad.  I only discovered Star Control like 2 years ago and I had no problem with the graphics - I rarely do with anything.

Malrunus
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 02, 2010, 03:16:25 am »

Sorry if its been posted earlier, I browsed through with what limited time I have,

Was the demo released?  If so, can some one toss up a link?
Valos Cor
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 02, 2010, 03:18:22 am »

Yes, you will find it in the General Discussions.  Here's a little shortcut  Smiley:
http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4863.15

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 46 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length