The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:08:49 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Project 6014 – Ur-Quan Masters mod
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 46 Print
Author Topic: Project 6014 – Ur-Quan Masters mod  (Read 191406 times)
BlackSpathiWarrior
Zebranky food

View Profile
Re: Project 6014 – Ur-Quan Masters mod
« Reply #255 on: April 05, 2011, 01:41:56 pm »

Since you can't collect mineral ores with your landers, anyway to acquire more fuel? Or are you stuck with what it gives you by default?
Grand Master Planet Eater
Frungy champion

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 06, 2011, 11:03:46 pm »

Since you can't collect mineral ores with your landers, anyway to acquire more fuel? Or are you stuck with what it gives you by default?

Gather lifeforms, sell them to the Melnorme for fuel.
Armass
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 15, 2011, 04:42:40 am »

Tried the game , looks good. Some questions rise tough.

1. Regarding the shofixti. They say they havent found any new world to colonize. What about the water planet in Organon(the one syreen used in the mycon hoax)? It's right next to yehat space too, wouldn't this be perfect?

2. How many new races are in plans for the new rimward galactic area shown in game?

3. Are the arilou going to appear?
Death 999
Global Moderator
Enlightened

We did. You did. Yes we can. No.

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 15, 2011, 05:01:55 am »

1. Regarding the shofixti. They say they havent found any new world to colonize. What about the water planet in Organon(the one syreen used in the mycon hoax)? It's right next to yehat space too, wouldn't this be perfect?

There could be some environmental toxin that nails shofixti while having not so bad effects on Syreen.
oldlaptop
*Smell* controller

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 15, 2011, 05:23:23 am »

Or perhaps the Mycon were able to get some Deep Children in there during the battle. We don't know much about the tactical situation, but assuming they did get the things into orbit, they probably would have fired off as many as they could before being annihilated.

Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod
Armass
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 19, 2011, 02:36:56 am »

They could add some races, that are familiar to Starcontrol fans yet unseen so far:

Tarnoon: Read on the forums this race was cut from the game, they were originally going to be some kind of beetles with zen buddhism like religion.

Zorg's race: All of us SC fans remember zorg the copyright alien. Would be funny to see his race at last.
JudgeYohance
*Many bubbles*

Captain in the Black Spathi Squadron

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 04, 2011, 11:01:27 pm »

Friendly Neighborhood Stalker here!

Hope all goes well here, consider this my poking the beast to see how development is coming along (Throws water balloon at Cedric and team)

No I don't expect much but when the beast doesn't growl in a while the best way to check if it is alive is to poke it with a stick (At least that's what that guy in Zeta Persei told me) Smiley

Of course there are fates worse then death......after all.....you could always make me angry
Admiral Zeratul
*Many bubbles*

I enjoy overthinking things.

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 06, 2011, 01:41:40 am »

Zorg's race would be great!

Priority override. New behavior dictated. Must break post into component ideas.
Cedric6014
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 07, 2011, 12:27:30 am »

Friendly Neighborhood Stalker here!

Hope all goes well here, consider this my poking the beast to see how development is coming along (Throws water balloon at Cedric and team)

No I don't expect much but when the beast doesn't growl in a while the best way to check if it is alive is to poke it with a stick (At least that's what that guy in Zeta Persei told me) Smiley

Everything is ticking along nicely. But don't expect any exciting new releases any time soon.  Smiley
Most of the recent work has been on story development so there are no new cool art assets to show or anything.

Play online melee here! http://irc.uqm.stack.nl/
JudgeYohance
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 07, 2011, 12:57:28 am »

Everything is ticking along nicely. But don't expect any exciting new releases any time soon.  Smiley
Most of the recent work has been on story development so there are no new cool art assets to show or anything.

Cool! Just remember to add that part to the game where I show up as the great and powerful Yohance  Grin

Of course there are fates worse then death......after all.....you could always make me angry
DisdainFlame
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 15, 2011, 06:13:21 am »

Played through the demo, and did a little exploration.  I found a few worlds with numerous creatures on them, covering the entire world almost, yet none could be shot. I can't remember specific locations, however.  The only other issue I discovered is when I had the cyborg on++ mode activated, the fight with the Lurg crashes the program if you select a Yehat as your ship. It will work fine until the yehat gets right up to or touches the Lurg bubbles. That's it as far as issues. Other than that, the game had me hooked, and I'm going to be watching (and playing) every release you guys produce.  I've been desperate for something like this for as long as I can remember....the developers have my fullest appreciation.
Grand Master Planet Eater
Frungy champion

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 16, 2011, 05:29:38 pm »

Utwig vs. Lurg also crashes the game. It happens whenever the shields are activated.
JudgeYohance
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 06, 2011, 06:56:10 am »

Been about a month so i think it is time.

*Arms a giant slingshot and fires a water balloon off at Cedric*

Friendly neighborhood stalker seeing how things are going, tell us about the ups, the downs, that strange rash you developed on your left thigh (not that i would know about that  Grin)  Oh and how the project is going too Smiley

Ur-Quan_Destroyer
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 06, 2011, 06:48:35 pm »

Hey guys,
I'm new to (these) forums, but I just wanted to say that I found a whole solar system where, like DisdainFlame said, you bring your ship to the planet, it takes a few seconds longer to load, you scan it, and no minerals, no energy, and a million biologicals. You then proceed to land, and either there are no biologicals on the planet (with the signatures still showing up) and your ship "lags" around a bit, or there are a million biologicals and you can't fire your stun blaster... the system is Beta Messier I believe. Every planet in this system has the glitch, besides two,
(click to show/hide)
(At least on the demo I have, I don't know whether or not it has been fixed on the full version).  Undecided

Now on another note, I really hope this project is going well! After playing UQM, I got hooked! I was looking around for a sequel to UQM (SCII), but couldn't find anything that looked good. I tried to play SCIII, but that game (to put it literally) sucks. No offense to anyone who likes it or the programmers/team, but SCIII had many problems. One was the stupid rotating starmap.... but anyways, enough of my rant. I've been playing through the demo and let me tell you that I am very impressed. I believe this has great potential, and maybe even convince Activision to let Toys 4 Bob to create a true sequel to SCII, not the (failed) attempt made by the creators of SCIII (I forget who made it). Anyways, I support this project and hope that everything is still going great!

Also, was wondering in the demo how far you actually let us go? I just started it, and, well, not to create any spoilers or anything  Lips Sealed, I just can't figure out what to do now, unless I've gone as far as I can in the demo.
Anyways, thanks for all your work on this project and I wish you the best!  Grin
Alvarin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 06, 2011, 11:54:21 pm »

Talk to Chmmr, they will provide you with some navigational clues, talk to the Shofixty to have some more. Correlate them and do some flying. You'll know when you get there. If you don't want to just finish the demo, there is some more stuff to do, like visiting some other allies and aliens.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 46 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length