The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:53:23 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Professional off-shoot of Star Control
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Professional off-shoot of Star Control  (Read 5375 times)
cloneof
Frungy champion

CAN I HAS FRUNGY?

View Profile
Re: Professional off-shoot of Star Control
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2009, 10:25:00 pm »

Yeah, my school computer had it blocked, sorry :/.

But on the subject, I find it fantastic that professionals are interested!

FRUNGY, FRUNGY, FRUNGY!!!
jadbox
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2009, 04:35:32 am »

After some debate, we may proceed with a Star Control "inspired" game that takes place in a separate universe. This way we do have flexibility with the story and there's less legal issues to be concerned over. Thanks for everyone's input!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 03:51:45 am by jadbox » Logged
Angelfish
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2009, 06:16:39 pm »

Great! Keep us updated on the progress! Smiley
SuddenDeath
Frungy champion

from Sunstrike's image pack

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 02:31:46 pm »

So... another dead project? Undecided
Valos Cor
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 09:07:52 am »

I guess I stumbled on this late (and only because of a recent comment).

So... another dead project? Undecided
I don't know about dead...maybe...but I'm pretty sure games (especially good, well executed games that don't "build" upon other games. Completely new graphics since its not like an expansion) take a few to many years to complete.  I guess its a little long for an update, but I think maybe not.

If the project is being produced (and whoever is on jadbox hasn't forgotten their account) I hope they give us an idea of where they're headed, and I wish them good luck.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 09:09:25 am by Valos Cor » Logged

I'm the kind of person that uses Linux and seems to be a very literate adult but has no idea how to do anything code-wise beyond basic stuff.(such as su -<password> yum install uqm) Except I didn't install UQM that way...I used Add/Remove Software...
Steve-O
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 03:03:21 pm »

I don't know about dead...maybe...but I'm pretty sure games (especially good, well executed games that don't "build" upon other games. Completely new graphics since its not like an expansion) take a few to many years to complete.  I guess its a little long for an update, but I think maybe not.

Also, if they're making an "inspired" game that doesn't actually use any direct SC/UQM material then they might have decided to go for-profit after all.  In that case, the project may have been slowed down a bit with whatever copyright applications or other legal mumbo jumbo needs to be dealt with.  They also may not be willing to be as open about their progress as the fan-made projects around here are, since leaking info about their game could cause legal issues in a for-profit venture - not to mention the risk of someone stealing their ideas, making another game faster and then claiming they "did it first" when this game finally comes out.

Point being, quiet doesn't necessarily mean dead, especially considering jad's last comment in the thread.  I agree it would be nice to hear some kind of update, though, even if it's just "yeah we're still working on it."
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length