The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:15:37 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Technical Issues (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  OS X Packaged app complete
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: OS X Packaged app complete  (Read 1543 times)
mcnamara
Zebranky food

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
OS X Packaged app complete
« on: February 01, 2003, 12:51:32 am »

Hello all--

I have completed a packaged UQM app for Mac OS X, but it is 145 MB Stuffed, so I cannot host it.

Additionally, you still must have installed zlib, libpng, SDL, SDL_Image, SDL_mixer installed, FROM SOURCE (not the packaged Mac OS X versions, those install library frameworks, NOT the headers required by UQM.

If someone would like to host this app for now, I will have a mac Howto on compiling UQM up in a day or so, which will help those of you unsure how to satisfy the dependancies with doing so, as well as compiling your own version from scratch.

Let me know.

mcnamara
Nic.

Email
Re: OS X Packaged app complete
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2003, 01:04:54 am »

As per my post yesterday, I will gladly host it as an "unofficial" release from my site.  I've only got a 256Kb upstream connection, but that should be adequate for most purposes.

Please send me an email and we can work out the particulars of getting the file to me for hosting purposes.

P.S.:  Have you tried building UQM with the new MixSDL library that fOSSiL wrote?  It's a "pure SDL" implementation (i.e., nothing extra to download/install, and no external libs to link against except SDL), has more functionality than SDL_mixer, and is far, FAR more stable than OpenAL.  It's in the newest CVS, see if it's more trouble than it's worth.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2003, 01:42:06 am by Nic. » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length