The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:12:50 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Starbase Café (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  SC BEL: Mission 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41 Print
Author Topic: SC BEL: Mission 2  (Read 58517 times)
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
Re: SC BEL: Mission 2
« Reply #255 on: April 06, 2010, 08:32:53 pm »

Wajangtoey rushes forward and hurls a grenade with all his might. It flies as far as it can and then explodes, sending deadly shrapnel in every direction. The Marine and one of the ensigns are both cut up by the damage and green viscous fluids now ooze from their newly opened wounds. They stare at Wajangoey with murder in their hearts.

Map:

OOC:

Both VUX got hit and are at -1 HP, good work! Hopefully Koosemoose will post by tomorrow. Otherwise I'll move him on Thursday, since it's pretty clear cut where he's going. Then the enemies will remain stunned for one turn so you can have at them again. If anyone survives, then the payback begins.

What's up doc?
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 08, 2010, 06:26:55 pm »

Not quite feeling like himself, Koosaloo staggers slowly forward. Wajangtoey prepares to rush the dazed VUX and keeps his eye on the alarm button he can spot through the next door. He sees no movement in there. Surely someone will punch that button soon? With all the screaming and grenades, whoever is in there must know about them by now!

Map:

OOC:

Turn 14 begins!

Everyone is at full AP and you had better start denting something now

Koosemoose is now warned and until I hear from him Angelfish is in charge of the Arilou since he is online almost every time I look at this place. If Koosemoose doesn't check in within a week, we'll have to transfer his unit.

What's up doc?
Angelfish
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 08, 2010, 08:52:42 pm »

Koosaloo goes E E E
OOC: I know there's someone there now, but I hope he/she will move Wink

Wajangtoey tosses a grenade at the same place, ha look at my aim!, and goes N N W.
Alvarin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 08, 2010, 09:46:35 pm »

This grenade thing is fun!
Sonny runs to the doorway and adds one of her grenades to Shofixti's, but bit better- right in the middle of the bunch.
E E N Grenade(5N)
Draxas
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 09, 2010, 05:42:59 am »

I hope we don't run into any larger groups than this later, since you're using up all those grenades now...

I am very poorly positioned this turn, so I'm going to wait for all these actions to resolve before I do anything.
Alvarin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 09, 2010, 06:36:15 am »

@Draxas - Your point is good, but there are enemies in the next room that are aware of us and might activate an alarm or go get massive help in some other way, so we need to clear current room and get to the next as fast as possible. We have Arilou's massive arsenal nearly intact for larger encounters, if those will happen, we are, after all, about half way to our target.
Angelfish
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 09, 2010, 12:43:52 pm »

I hope we don't run into any larger groups than this later, since you're using up all those grenades now...

Charging in there the usual way would've cost us a lot of HP which we may need later on too Wink.

I am very poorly positioned this turn, so I'm going to wait for all these actions to resolve before I do anything.

okay, gods work your magic now Cheesy
Draxas
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 09, 2010, 03:52:02 pm »

I didn't say throwing grenades was a bad idea, just that we may have wanted to save a few for later. Sonny in particular could use that shotgun to similar effect, but it's fine.
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 09, 2010, 05:12:59 pm »

Moving like a well oiled machine, the team lobs grenades at the enemy group. Their efforts are successful, slaying one Ensign and severely wounding the marine. The hatred in his gaze never falters. In fact, as Sonny appears it only grows brighter, despite the grievous injuries.

Map:

OOC:

You guys are doing well with grenades, hits all around. One VUX down, Marine at 1 HP, Ensign at 2 HP. Sonny gets 1 XP for her kill. Draxas, do you want to move at all? If you don't, I'll just shift Koosaloo 2 steps.

What's up doc?
Draxas
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 10, 2010, 03:19:06 am »

I'll move E N N N to block Sonny from retaliation and keep visibility on the open door, unless there is a way to save AP for use on the enemy turn (which I don't think there is).
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 10, 2010, 02:34:03 pm »

As the enemy finally has a chance to react to the overwhelming attack it is clear that their main priority is survival rather than combat. The Marine quickly hurdles a grenade towards our heroes. As it hits Wajangtoey in the chest he recognizes it as one of the strange grenades they discovered previously. Before he has a chance to react it detonates, spraying both him and the metal machine with a sticky gloop that quickly transforms into a slimy and tangy substance. Entangled in this neither of them can move, only struggle hopelessly against the slimy strands that tie them in place.

The VUX waste no time. The Marine quickly hefts and fires his laser, while the Ensign makes a dash towards the alarm button, only stopping to take a pot shot at the metal menace.

Map:

OOC:

The Marine throws a slime grenade and then fires his weapons once. He scores one hit on Sonny, which Sonny parries. The Ensign attacks and scores one hit, which is translated into a stun. Which doesn't really matter anyhow.

As the new turn begins both Wajangtoey and Draxas are entangled and without AP. Sonny and Koosaloo, now's you turn to shine!

What's up doc?
Alvarin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 10, 2010, 05:05:29 pm »

"That's nasty thing, shame I didn't use it instead before" with this thought Sonny rushes forward, past the guardian and hurles one of those weird things in front of the runner,to stop his dash.
N N N SlimeGrenade(5N)

@Luki - The description says 3 squares radius, but then wouldn't the marine be encased as well? Or did you mean 3x3 grid centered on the hit location? In any case I would like to throw the grenade as far as possible, still effecting the ensign.
Angelfish
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 12, 2010, 12:30:28 pm »

Koosaloo:
Man, I feel useless. E N N.

Wajangtoey:
NNGGNGGNNGGHHH!!!
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 12, 2010, 07:40:07 pm »

Sonny's aim is true and the grenade flies over the fleeing Ensigns head and detonates, spraying both him and the room beyond with slime. The Ensign is caught in a sticky, slimy web of its own. Unfortunately, in the heat of battle she has moved far too close to the VUX Marine. Seething with hatred, it charges her, firing wildly. Thankfully, the hatred gets the better of it and only one beam strikes Sonnys armour. The impact is hard enough to knock the wind out of her, but does no real damage.

Map:

OOC: Marine scores two hits, one is parried and the other turned into a stun. Both units tear free because you're powerful as heck.

What's up doc?
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 12, 2010, 07:40:34 pm »

@Luki - The description says 3 squares radius, but then wouldn't the marine be encased as well? Or did you mean 3x3 grid centered on the hit location? In any case I would like to throw the grenade as far as possible, still effecting the ensign.

Yeah, sorry bout that. Meant the latter.

What's up doc?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length