The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:04:17 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Starbase Café (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  SC BEL: Mission 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 41 Print
Author Topic: SC BEL: Mission 2  (Read 58506 times)
Angelfish
Enlightened

View Profile
Re: SC BEL: Mission 2
« Reply #420 on: May 12, 2010, 07:37:15 pm »

oh and you can +1 me with a powerrrr baton Wink
Zieman
*Many bubbles*

Oh, and it burns...

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 12, 2010, 08:58:08 pm »

Hey guys. There are some extra power batons lying around so Angelfish can have one, but I think it requires a larger strength than the Arilou has.
Power Baton

STR: 2
Strikes: 2
Charges: 3

The Power Baton is designed to both crush things and stop them in their tracks. It contains a small battery that lends an extra sting to each blow. Any attack made with a Power Baton has a D3 chance of stunning the enemy, in addition to the damage it does otherwise. Once the battery is worn out, it functions like a normal baton.
This post will hold your character info and inventory, once  you've all decided on everything

Arilou Spook Koosaloo

LVL 1
XP 19/20
HP 3/4
STR 2
MOV 3

...and keep it under Lightspeed!!!
Draxas
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 13, 2010, 12:07:56 am »

OK, a quick look says we actually have 40 turns to complete the mission, so that's better than expected. Luki, what is our current turn number, exactly?

We have 40 turns but after 30 turns we only get half the experience, because the ship will have left the fueling station by then.

Didn't catch that, you are correct. if we are around turn 24, we should at least try for the extra 5, if not the full reset.
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 13, 2010, 02:53:26 pm »

Next combat turn that starts is actually just turn 21, by my count at least. I'll do better on posting the turn in combat posts as well from here on out.

If you're dividing up, the M:bot should go for the computer since it will have better odds than others to use it. Specify who stays and who goes, so I know in what kind of teams you'll be cut off from each other if things go wrong.

And Zieman, you're right. I thought I made the baton STR3, which is what it should be. But since I didn't, you've got yourself a fun little weapon Smiley

What's up doc?
Draxas
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 13, 2010, 03:50:08 pm »

If we're only at tuen 21, I say we push toward the bridge. 9 turns should (at least) be enough to get through another combat before we have to reevaluate going back for a reset.

I was under the impression that the others wouldn't be able to successfully interact with the computers on board, which is why I'm actually here for this mission (because let's face it, Mmrn are specialized in just such a way that I have been spectacularly ineffective in combat here for the most part).
Alvarin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 13, 2010, 05:08:33 pm »

Just 21? OK then, let's go kill some more baddies! Before going though, I'd like to block a flanking possibility by moving the table in the room Spathi fleed through. My suggestion to opening the next door is as follows: Arilou at the door left side and opening it, Shofixti at the right side of the door. M-bot just  behind Shofixti, Human right to his left. Admiral allighed with the door, but leaned against the table, having visual, but away from harm.
Angelfish
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 13, 2010, 07:23:17 pm »

Just 21? OK then, let's go kill some more baddies! Before going though, I'd like to block a flanking possibility by moving the table in the room Spathi fleed through. My suggestion to opening the next door is as follows: Arilou at the door left side and opening it, Shofixti at the right side of the door. M-bot just  behind Shofixti, Human right to his left. Admiral allighed with the door, but leaned against the table, having visual, but away from harm.

lets go with that.
Alvarin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 13, 2010, 07:25:44 pm »

Anyone objects to closing the door and blocking it with the table?
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 13, 2010, 08:39:16 pm »

Excelent, it appears you've reached a decision. it's too late for me to update today, but an update is coming tomorrow in the morning some time.

What's up doc?
Draxas
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 14, 2010, 12:30:57 am »

Sounds like a plan.
Zieman
*Many bubbles*

Oh, and it burns...

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 14, 2010, 01:12:31 am »

Agreed.

...and keep it under Lightspeed!!!
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 14, 2010, 10:56:20 am »

Being left with no choice but to take the bridge, our heroes gear up. The threat of outflanking weighs on them, so in preparation for their assault they move quietly into the paper fileld rrom and block the doors as best they can. It won't trap anyone inside, but it wil lcertainly make it harder for whoever ran through to come running back. Now that they feel their position is secure, they prepare for the next phase, the assault on the bridge.

"It's not that hard", the Admiral explains in his harmonious voice. We go in we kill everyone except for the guy in a fancy coat and we get me and our metal fellow to the control consoles. The two of us should be able to break down their defenses, lock the blast doors and vent atmosphere from the rest of the ship. From there on it's easy sailing."

Our heroes feel reassured by the good news.

"Of course, as soon as we enter the bridge, someone is going to hit an alarm button", the Admiral continues. "We need to push inwards as quickly as possible and lock those doors before backup arrives and overwhelms us. Still, as soon as we're in position we can lock the doors and finish off the guys inside at our leisure."

Our heroes are less reassured by this. But the only way to go is forward. As the next door slides open, a lone VUX ensign looks pretty shocked.

Map:

OOC:

Off we go! It's 23 degrees outside today, why am I sitting in here? Because I love you.

What's up doc?
Alvarin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 14, 2010, 11:15:23 am »

Eager to test her new toy Sonny goes N N N and uses  bonecrusher.
Angelfish
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 14, 2010, 11:32:42 am »

N N N W whoop and claw!
Alvarin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 14, 2010, 11:49:51 am »

From our wizard we know there is someone else in the corner over  the room bend, need not forget him.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 41 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length