The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2021, 11:44:36 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Paul & Fred have reached a settlement with Stardock!

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Starbase Café (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  SC BEL: Mission 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41 Print
Author Topic: SC BEL: Mission 2  (Read 49940 times)
Alvarin
Enlightened

View Profile
Re: SC BEL: Mission 2
« Reply #135 on: March 07, 2010, 06:50:52 am »

Points taken and agreed. Possible engine room way it is then, unless our blood thirsty mate insists.
Oh, and I understand weird grenade is at my posession or someone wants it?
Angelfish
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 07, 2010, 04:26:19 pm »

So you want to leave behind possible valuable intel in those offices as to where the admiral is held, and leave behind those VUX that could be lurking in those offices, that'll find their colleagues in the limpet bay missing when they go for a bathroom break? It might mean an alarm we can do nothing about because we're fighting elsewhere.

Very well, you know the gods better than I do. Let's go to that supposed engine room then. I'll hide the bodies in the room which we came in.
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 07, 2010, 05:00:43 pm »

Please note that you entered through a limpet port, not an office Smiley

What's up doc?
Angelfish
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 07, 2010, 05:53:13 pm »

Please note that you entered through a limpet port, not an office Smiley

yeah well, I just call 'em that because I assume that's what's in the small rooms, perhaps some administration guys are working there or the left limpet port officer is in there, or perhaps it's just where they keep the broomsticks Cheesy
Angelfish
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 08, 2010, 04:18:03 pm »

Ouch.. Seems that I killed this topique.
Anyway, I have now taken the stuff that was on the northernmost vux, have hidden the bodies in our landing place, and am now at the door to the supposed engine room, waiting for everyone to gather and finish their looting before opening it.
Alvarin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 08, 2010, 05:25:02 pm »

I'm all done.
How are we located when opening the door? Is the way I described OK with everybody?
Angelfish
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 08, 2010, 06:22:20 pm »

I'm all done.
How are we located when opening the door? Is the way I described OK with everybody?

Opening the door itself doesn't cost AP. Once the door is open and enemies are encountered, then the combat starts. The hallway in which we are entering now is a small one, so I suggest either putting me or the M:bot in front, depending on what we expect to encounter. Melee or a long distance fight Wink. Keep in mind that the person in front will do all the tanking since it's a hallway in which we can not stand beside eachother..
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 08, 2010, 07:47:17 pm »

I'm all done.

Opening the door itself doesn't cost AP. Once the door is open and enemies are encountered, then the combat starts.

Not quite. If you open the door and there are nemies on the other side, you've used one AP. If there's no one there it doesn't matter.

So, Draxas has looted a body and hidden the bodies. Sonny has taken the grenade and moved the locker. Draxas has charged up on crap and taken (Ia assume) the spare baton and laser. Koosaloo has picked up a laser and baton, and possibly equipped the laser? If all this is correct, give me your positions and thunderbirds are go.

Also, I'm going to Finland on Thursday. There'll be an update during the weekend, but not much else. So we should get moving before that.

What's up doc?
Angelfish
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 08, 2010, 08:56:45 pm »

I've picked up the stuff that was on the north vux too Wink. As for the door, let's just use alvarin's setting...
Koosemose
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 08, 2010, 09:23:06 pm »

hmmm I can't seem to locate where Alvarin described how to set up at the door... though I would suggest me being the one to open the door, leaving everyone else full movement and AP...
Alvarin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 09, 2010, 12:09:34 am »

my proposed unit dislocation before opening the door is Arilou at the doorway, human right behind him. M-bot and Shofixti to either side.My proposed tactics are in case the doorway isn't blocked on the other side. If is, will have to see. Arilou opens the door(and has 1MOV spare), I move two forward for best sight of room and have either a shot or two more moves to clear the way, depending on the insides, then two warriors can either charge to best position or waight for me to clear the way and have a position to shoot. Arilout then either moves forward to doorway or hides sideways

Slight change is in order, as at the southern door left side there is a limpet, blocking position, so it will cost one extra MOV to either M-bot or Shofixti. I think as most mobile asset, Angelfish should be just south of the door for full MOV and Draxas with one more step to make will still have enough points to make a shot.

I think this would be "balansed" positioning, but we might want to experiment on that and find best setup and use same one on each subsequent door.
Angelfish
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 09, 2010, 01:28:31 am »

my proposed unit dislocation before opening the door is Arilou at the doorway, human right behind him. M-bot and Shofixti to either side.My proposed tactics are in case the doorway isn't blocked on the other side. If is, will have to see. Arilou opens the door(and has 1MOV spare), I move two forward for best sight of room and have either a shot or two more moves to clear the way, depending on the insides, then two warriors can either charge to best position or waight for me to clear the way and have a position to shoot. Arilout then either moves forward to doorway or hides sideways

Slight change is in order, as at the southern door left side there is a limpet, blocking position, so it will cost one extra MOV to either M-bot or Shofixti. I think as most mobile asset, Angelfish should be just south of the door for full MOV and Draxas with one more step to make will still have enough points to make a shot.

I think this would be "balansed" positioning, but we might want to experiment on that and find best setup and use same one on each subsequent door.

Fine with me. Let's get going, this isn't a play by mail chess game Wink.
Draxas
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 09, 2010, 03:15:31 am »

My suggested setup for any given door is:

Arilou directly in front of the door to open it
Human and Shofixti to either side
Mmrn directly behind the Shofixti

This way, our short range combatants can charge into the room without using AP to open the door. The Arilou can open and then scoot over one space to get out of the line of fire. And the Mmrn has a clear line of fire through the door without having to adjust position.

In this case, with restricted positioning space, I suggest the Shofixti in the corner, since he has the longest movement range.

And yeah, I'll take some of the excess gear nobody wants in case I have to "reload" on the fly.
Angelfish
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 09, 2010, 03:36:54 am »

My suggested setup for any given door is:

Arilou directly in front of the door to open it
Human and Shofixti to either side
Mmrn directly behind the Shofixti

This way, our short range combatants can charge into the room without using AP to open the door. The Arilou can open and then scoot over one space to get out of the line of fire. And the Mmrn has a clear line of fire through the door without having to adjust position.

In this case, with restricted positioning space, I suggest the Shofixti in the corner, since he has the longest movement range.

And yeah, I'll take some of the excess gear nobody wants in case I have to "reload" on the fly.

That's bad in case you'll want me to tank supposed enemies in melee since it takes me one squre longer before entering melee, but let's just take that guess for now, go with your positioning and see where it leads.
Alvarin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 09, 2010, 06:42:49 am »

Draxas - "either side" is impossible, due to the limpet.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length