The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:58:00 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Ur-Quan Masters HD Mod
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: Ur-Quan Masters HD Mod  (Read 118136 times)
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
Re: Ur-Quan Masters HD Mod
« Reply #165 on: January 04, 2013, 09:08:22 pm »

Fair enough.

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
lassihie
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 06, 2013, 12:59:43 am »

Has anyone else noticed that some of the surface report text gets left out, e.g. some lines of text seem to be too long to fit inside the text window?

The bug can be easily repeated by starting a new game, flying to the moon and investigating the moon base. Resolution tested on: 1280x960.
dczanik
*Smell* controller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: January 06, 2013, 01:11:06 am »

Has anyone else noticed that some of the surface report text gets left out, e.g. some lines of text seem to be too long to fit inside the text window?

The bug can be easily repeated by starting a new game, flying to the moon and investigating the moon base. Resolution tested on: 1280x960.

Yep. That's a bug we'll fix. Bug list is here:

http://code.google.com/p/uqm-hd/issues/list

- Damon
Ur-Quan Masters HD Project leader/artist. Project 6014 Artist.  Like my art? Please check out some of my other artwork
metamorphosis
Frungy champion

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 07, 2013, 09:04:38 am »

I too would also like to see this as an option in the main build. I don't see that it would be that difficult, once the bugs are ironed out and the non-HD-specific changes are removed. One additional graphics menu option I guess, plus the same commandline option. But far be it from me to judge - I think you've done great, and it's worthy of applause.
dczanik
*Smell* controller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: January 07, 2013, 06:10:45 pm »

I too would also like to see this as an option in the main build. I don't see that it would be that difficult, once the bugs are ironed out and the non-HD-specific changes are removed. One additional graphics menu option I guess, plus the same commandline option. But far be it from me to judge - I think you've done great, and it's worthy of applause.

Me too. Trust me, I'd love to see my artwork in as many people's hands as possible.  But, it's a volunteer army.  If somebody doesn't feel like spending all those hours doing it, I can't make them.

So, if any other programmer would like to volunteer their time, I'd love it.

Also, Team 6014 is getting requests from people to give us money.  We're not accepting money. We do this because we love Star Control & The Ur-Quan Masters.  In lieu of giving money to Project 6014, or the HD project, we ask you donate some money to a charity of your choosing.
If you're unsure where to give, try:
http://www.childsplaycharity.org/

We already have one awesome board member, Drewtwo99 donate. I'd like to publicly thank him for that. You are awesome!

- Damon
Ur-Quan Masters HD Project leader/artist. Project 6014 Artist.  Like my art? Please check out some of my other artwork
Megagun
Enlightened

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 07, 2013, 09:14:47 pm »

Actually, donations could be spent on commissioning extra artwork/music or renting server space.
dczanik
*Smell* controller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: January 09, 2013, 04:37:38 am »

Well, right now, we have less need for money than a children's hospital. Smiley

In case anybody is interested, you can download the music for the UQM-HD trailer 
from the creator, the legendary "The Mister Cat" here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/109003827/The%20Mister%20Cat%20-%20UQM%20HD%20Trailer.mp3

- Damon
Theriex
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 14, 2013, 11:34:24 pm »

I love this game and love the HD Mod, it looks great.  I was wondering if anyone is able to help compile the De-Cleansing Mod for use with the HD Mod for Windows.  I'm one of those people that enjoys visiting every planet and gathering all resources, but there just isn't enough time.  I've tried compiling it but can't get it to work and can't figure it out.

I'd appreciate any help, thanks!
dczanik
*Smell* controller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: January 15, 2013, 03:09:47 am »

I love this game and love the HD Mod, it looks great.  I was wondering if anyone is able to help compile the De-Cleansing Mod for use with the HD Mod for Windows.  I'm one of those people that enjoys visiting every planet and gathering all resources, but there just isn't enough time.  I've tried compiling it but can't get it to work and can't figure it out.

I'd appreciate any help, thanks!

There's so many things changed that it's a little trickier than taking the source code for the de-cleansing mod and compiling it for the HD game. It's actually easier for the de-cleansing mod to port it over to the HD game. That being said, putting the de-cleansing mod (and other mods)  into the HD game is on our to do list.

If anyone has Photoshop and wants to help me create a translation package for the graphics, let me know. No artistic skills needed. Just know how to use Photoshop.

- Damon
oldlaptop
*Smell* controller

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 15, 2013, 04:40:59 am »

If anyone has Photoshop and wants to help me create a translation package for the graphics, let me know. No artistic skills needed. Just know how to use Photoshop.

Does the GIMP count? Tongue

Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod
dczanik
*Smell* controller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: January 15, 2013, 04:47:42 am »

Does the GIMP count? Tongue

That would be better. I'll send you a file later.  Let me know if it works for you.

- Damon
Theriex
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 15, 2013, 06:12:56 am »

I am familiar with photoshop.
Elestan
*Smell* controller

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 15, 2013, 07:13:54 am »

Me too. Trust me, I'd love to see my artwork in as many people's hands as possible.  But, it's a volunteer army.  If somebody doesn't feel like spending all those hours doing it, I can't make them.

So, if any other programmer would like to volunteer their time, I'd love it.

I'll make an alternative suggestion.  Even if you guys don't have the time/manpower to prep patches to the main tree, it would be a really good idea to branch the UQM-HD repository, so that you've got a vanilla version (where new changes related to the HD resolution would go) and a strawberry version (where any new changes unrelated to the HD resolution would go).  You could set up the strawberry version to always pull the vanilla changes, so it gets them all.  I suggest this because otherwise, the UQM-HD code base will probably continue to diverge from the core line, and we risk it turning into a full fork, which I don't think is in the best interests of the UQM community.
Defender
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 16, 2013, 03:04:40 am »

@dczanik

Can we get updated windows builds? I want to beta test for you but can't compile under windows.
dczanik
*Smell* controller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: January 16, 2013, 04:11:32 am »

@dczanik

Can we get updated windows builds? I want to beta test for you but can't compile under windows.

Click "view the raw file"  to download the .exe here:
http://code.google.com/p/uqm-hd/source/browse/trunk/uqm.exe?spec=svn956&r=956

- Damon
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length