The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:23:41 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Ur-Quan Masters HD Mod
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: Ur-Quan Masters HD Mod  (Read 118422 times)
dczanik
*Smell* controller

View Profile WWW
Re: Ur-Quan Masters HD Mod
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2011, 07:23:43 pm »

Oh. I've got a general FAQ, and art link that I'm editing to keep everybody informed.

http://www.star-control.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=552

I'd do the same here, but I don't think this board allows me to edit my posts.

- Damon
Ur-Quan Masters HD Project leader/artist. Project 6014 Artist.  Like my art? Please check out some of my other artwork
Cedric6014
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2011, 10:06:58 pm »

Oh. I've got a general FAQ, and art link that I'm editing to keep everybody informed.

I'd do the same here, but I don't think this board allows me to edit my posts.

Yeah it does, or it used to. Now I have a closer look I can't see where to do it either. Maybe yell out in the technical section?

Play online melee here! http://irc.uqm.stack.nl/
onpon4
Enlightened

Sharing is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2011, 01:55:32 am »

Well. I'm still waiting for a TFB sequel Smiley

Anyways.  New pic. The original Hypnotoad! To spruce up the original (which just had a gray background), I added a light source from the bottom too. I could imagine the light pedestal being something to keep him warm.

Dynarri Talking Pet

You can download a high-res version by clicking the link and clicking the 'download image' link.

Wow, that seems to stand out as well.

On another note, yes, you can edit posts on this forum. I've done it countless times.

EDIT: Like right now. There's a "Modify" button (as well as "Quote" and "Remove") in the top-right corner of each of your posts. There's also an icon in the bottom-right of the post that you can click for quicker edits.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 01:57:20 am by onpon4 » Logged

Death 999
Global Moderator
Enlightened

We did. You did. Yes we can. No.

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2011, 02:33:21 am »

It goes away after a while, though. That's why I moved the Peeru fanfic over to SCDB - I couldn't fix errors in old chapters after a while.
Elestan
*Smell* controller

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2011, 05:15:09 pm »

New pic. The original Hypnotoad! To spruce up the original (which just had a gray background), I added a light source from the bottom too. I could imagine the light pedestal being something to keep him warm.

It looks awesome, as do your others.  I'm not sure of the underlighting though...it seems like it might be a little too bright?  Or maybe it's that because there's no surface texture or reflection from it, it sort of gives the toad the illusion of hovering.
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2011, 10:28:22 am »

New pic. The original Hypnotoad! To spruce up the original (which just had a gray background), I added a light source from the bottom too. I could imagine the light pedestal being something to keep him warm.

It looks awesome, as do your others.  I'm not sure of the underlighting though...it seems like it might be a little too bright?  Or maybe it's that because there's no surface texture or reflection from it, it sort of gives the toad the illusion of hovering.

One of the reasons I'm a mod in the Cafe is so that I can update SC:BEL equipment threads and whatnot indefinitely, otherwise the right to edit your post vanishes after a week, or month, or some such.

What's up doc?
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2011, 08:15:51 pm »

One of the reasons I'm a mod in the Cafe is so that I can update SC:BEL equipment threads and whatnot indefinitely, otherwise the right to edit your post vanishes after a week, or month, or some such.

The idea is to give people the chance to correct mistakes, but not to alter history.

Also, great work, dczanik.

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
dczanik
*Smell* controller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2011, 11:13:41 pm »

Update on that Mycon Podship:

Mycon Podship by Damon (aka dczanik):

This is a more "in-game" size:

That Spore projectile will go away. I don't like it.

For a "progress so far" you can check out:

- Damon
Ur-Quan Masters HD Project leader/artist. Project 6014 Artist.  Like my art? Please check out some of my other artwork
dczanik
*Smell* controller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2011, 08:49:15 pm »

New Comm Image: My re-imagined Slylandro Probe...

Original:

Never liked the 2D look of the original. Decided to update it. Click the pic if you want to download a larger image.

For a "progress so far" you can always check out:

« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 09:11:49 pm by dczanik » Logged

- Damon
JudgeYohance
*Many bubbles*

Captain in the Black Spathi Squadron

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2011, 04:25:27 pm »

IT is the great and powerful OZ! Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain telling them to putting a lightning bolt up your ass.

Love what you did with them though I think I would loose the background for a more solid blue. The current one makes them very god like in appearance instead of being crystal robots on a bridge.

Of course there are fates worse then death......after all.....you could always make me angry
Volka
Frungy champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2011, 05:50:40 pm »

OMG this is great!!

UQM in spanish:
Here
storyyeller
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2011, 06:27:39 pm »

The red parts on the podship look more like plastic than lava to me. But otherwise, very impressive!
Bootman
Zebranky food

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2011, 06:23:08 am »

A thousand pardons if someone else has mentioned this here already and I will delete this post if it has.  I have searched and could not find it mentioned, so here goes.

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/kopf/pixelart/supplementary/multi_comparison.html

Even though this method is not yet ready for real time use, it may help provide a starting point for up-sampled graphics.
Anthony
*Smell* controller

Star Control Lives!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2011, 06:14:22 pm »

That's some awesome artwork, dczanik.  I love the color schemes.  Maybe this will finally inspire someone to take UQM HD for current gaming platforms more seriously.  I can't wait to see more.

dczanik
*Smell* controller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2011, 09:02:26 pm »

Bootman: I've seen that. Yet, I've yet to find a link on how to submit images to that.
Anthony: Thank you. And thanks for showing my Vux pic on starcontroller.com  I've read your blog since the beginning. Big fan.

If you can't wait to see more, here you go:

Orz:

Original:

I really like the scales on the right Orz. You can see the detail on it when download the full image.  Click the pic, then click 'Download Image' on the next page to view it full size.

Again you can read a general FAQ, and the latest updates on the mod at star-control.com's forums here: http://www.star-control.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=552

I'm getting close to getting all the comm screens done. They just need to be animated. 
That's 16 comm pictures  done: (Arilou, CHMMR, Dynarri, Ilwrath, Kohr-Ah, Mycon,Orz, Pkunk,Slylandro Gas Bags,Slylandro Probe, Spathi,Utwig,Ur-Quan,Yehat,Vux,Zot-Fot-Pik)

This week has been filled with mostly working on the Bio-Critters and working on Project 6014 (exciting new stuff happening!)

On my "To Do" List:
4 Almost finished (Hayes, Shofixti, Syreen, Thraddash)
3 not started yet (Druuge, Spathi Council (Safe Ones),Umgah)
1 "Finished" and not released yet. (Watch out for it next week): Arilou

- Damon
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length