The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:24:36 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Project6014 demo release
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20 Print
Author Topic: Project6014 demo release  (Read 64694 times)
Admiral Zeratul
*Many bubbles*

I enjoy overthinking things.

View Profile
Re: Project6014 demo release
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2010, 08:04:27 am »

This is showing great promise so far! You've kept the actions of the different races consistent with their personalities.

Though, I do have a few grievances.

Yes, the new ship is big and shiny, but you have taken away the customization aspect completely! That had better be temporary! This Captain demands his customization.

Tone down the serious levels of some of those response choices you get in conversations. I liked the subtle wackiness in the original and see no reason not to continue it.

I'm developing a lot of rage against the Chmmr. I command them to bring me a new ship PRONTO, and what do they tell me? They say the Explorer is ideally suited to the task required of it. That's mutiny I say! The task should be whatever I darn well feel like doing. How about I show them what true pain is like. *

I like the Vux. Feature them more!

Also, please proofread for grammatical errors lest I inadvertently get out my grammar hammer.

* This is not actually a problem I have with the mod, but rather the Chmmr themselves

That is all.

Priority override. New behavior dictated. Must break post into component ideas.
Valos Cor
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2010, 08:07:48 am »

(click to show/hide)

I'm the kind of person that uses Linux and seems to be a very literate adult but has no idea how to do anything code-wise beyond basic stuff.(such as su -<password> yum install uqm) Except I didn't install UQM that way...I used Add/Remove Software...
Admiral Zeratul
*Many bubbles*

I enjoy overthinking things.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2010, 09:00:32 am »

(click to show/hide)

Priority override. New behavior dictated. Must break post into component ideas.
dczanik
*Smell* controller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2010, 11:09:19 am »

I'm so glad you love the artwork.  The fact that people love it, and feel its loyal to the Star Control universe is one of the best compliments I could receive.  I worked so hard for that.   After all, I'm making this for you guys. I wish I could take credit for it all, the ship design was by the legendary Vile Rancour as well as the Earth stuff, the new bio-critters, and a bunch of little stuff few will notice like the updated Shofixti ship.  The only work I did on the ship was making more of a 3d view that you see in the loading screen and in the intro screens. Most of the artwork is probably mine, but that's because I'm unemployed  Cry and just have more time to work on the game

(click to show/hide)

Bring on the grammar hammer. I don't think any of us are *gewd spellrz* and could use the help.  Some of the problems are American vs. British spellings. Frankly, they hurt my American eyes. Tongue Any ideas for witty remarks, PM me, and I'll see if we can't include them.

- Damon
Ur-Quan Masters HD Project leader/artist. Project 6014 Artist.  Like my art? Please check out some of my other artwork
superbutcherx
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2010, 11:41:37 am »

Admiral Zeratul:
Thanks for the feedback on the dialogue. Since that's my favorite thing to do in this project, I appreciate any hints and advice to make it even better! Could you PM me the specific bits in the conversations that seem too serious / have those pesky grammar errors?

I'm with dczanik here: Don't be afraid to bring out the grammar hammer. Make it a sledgehammer if you wish!

(click to show/hide)
onpon4
Enlightened

Sharing is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2010, 12:19:29 pm »

Zeep-Neep, not Zeep-Reep. (When you first meet a Yehat has that error)

Actually, you're wrong, too. It's Veep-Neep.

Malrunus
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2010, 03:22:40 pm »

(click to show/hide)

That's all I've got for now, I'll continue to poke around some random systems and see if there's anything I can comment on.  So far, loving it, and loving the plot Smiley
chenjesuwizard
*Many bubbles*

I support Project6014

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2010, 03:49:18 pm »

I think they've already got a plan for the Androsynth.

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
Malrunus
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2010, 04:20:15 pm »

I figured they would.  I have absolutely no programming, or artistic skill what so ever, so all I have to offer is some plot advice Tongue  So I'll just be that annoying voice in the background that yells out: "what if..."
onpon4
Enlightened

Sharing is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2010, 05:17:29 pm »

(click to show/hide)

Press / (forward slash) to search for stars.

Valos Cor
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2010, 06:17:37 pm »

http://wiki.uqm.stack.nl/Veep-Neep_Dynasty
That confuses me.  A Veep-Reep chair but a Veep-Neep queen...

I thought the Lurg looked familiar!

I wonder what Paul and Fred will think of the game.

I don't think I've found a single piece of artwork I can criticize at all so far!

(click to show/hide)

I'm the kind of person that uses Linux and seems to be a very literate adult but has no idea how to do anything code-wise beyond basic stuff.(such as su -<password> yum install uqm) Except I didn't install UQM that way...I used Add/Remove Software...
superbutcherx
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2010, 07:21:19 pm »

Wow, the whole Veep-Reep-Neep-Zeep thing is very confusing indeed. No wonder we got a little lost there... Maybe we should just call her 'The Evil Queen'   Kiss
Valos Cor
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2010, 07:30:27 pm »

I'd probably go with the Veep-Neep Dynasty from their throne.  I have no idea, though, but I had never heard of Veep-Reep till the article.  Remember when Hayes said "Veep-Zeep" queen?  Even more confusing...

Valos Cor
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2010, 07:49:22 pm »

(click to show/hide)
EDIT:  Ooh!  What if you had a base on the moon or something?  You know, defense or mining or something.  You could use the graphics from the moon base in UQM.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 07:52:10 pm by Valos Cor » Logged

Valos Cor
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2010, 09:00:51 pm »

Well, I have a bug:

I kept loading a savefile so that I could fight the Kohr-Ah Rath, but when I went to the ATTACK! option at like the third time, it decided to bring me back to the menu screen.  I have the savefile and it does it over and over again.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length