The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:47:33 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Videoclips of the ships from 3DO are very necessary to me.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Videoclips of the ships from 3DO are very necessary to me.  (Read 6352 times)
Vasaka
Zebranky food

View Profile
Re: Videoclips of the ships from 3DO are very necessary to me.
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2010, 08:11:24 am »

I understand you. Both translations were fine. It is more difficult  understanding the Orz. Smiley

If you ever need assistance, just ask.

I think your problems with the 6014 demo (ship improvements and mineral gathering) will be fixed in an update or the full game.  I hope to play your game soon. Smiley

Oh! Yes! * ORZ * this is something incredible. Try to imagine how I understand them with my level of proficiency in English! Smiley

Thank you. I will remember that you are willing to help. Smiley
Wanted to ask if you can make a concept arts?

I should also add that our project will be a free open source software.

Oh! Yes! *ORZ* it something improbable. Try to present what to me them to understand with my level of knowledge of English language! Smiley

Thanks. I will remember, that you are ready to help. Smiley
Wished to ask, you can make concept arts?

I should add still, that our project will be free with an open initial code.
onpon4
Enlightened

Sharing is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2010, 08:49:15 pm »

Hey, Vasaka, this isn't a complaint, but more like friendly advice. Maybe you should post in your native language if you don't know English? If you were studying English and typing it yourself, that would be different, but auto-translation software is a bad thing to rely on. Smiley Of course, there is nothing wrong with posting an auto-translation as well, but if you post in your native language, another speaker of that language can more easily answer your question.

Vasaka
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2010, 10:14:46 pm »

Hey, Vasaka, this isn't a complaint, but more like friendly advice. Maybe you should post in your native language if you don't know English? If you were studying English and typing it yourself, that would be different, but auto-translation software is a bad thing to rely on. Smiley Of course, there is nothing wrong with posting an auto-translation as well, but if you post in your native language, another speaker of that language can more easily answer your question.

Actually, I've found everything I needed.
Thanks to everyone who helped.  Cheesy

P.S. I doubt that anyone here can answer in Russian, so use an automatic translator.
ziper1221
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2010, 10:38:17 pm »

I know nekron is from Ukraine, but I dont know if he speaks Ukrainian or Russian.

Vasaka
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2010, 07:27:01 am »

I know nekron is from Ukraine, but I dont know if he speaks Ukrainian or Russian.

I think all or almost all Ukrainians speak Russian. Smiley
Alvarin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2010, 10:14:11 am »

Indeed.
Also I'm from Israel, but was born in Ukraine and speak Russian. (actually, I don't speak Ukrainian)

About posting in languages other than English - it contradicts forum guidelines.
onpon4
Enlightened

Sharing is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2010, 12:28:54 pm »

About posting in languages other than English - it contradicts forum guidelines.

You mean this forum? Well, the only thing there seems to be for rules/guidelines in this forum is the little blurb you agree to when you create an account, which doesn't say anything about English.

With that being said, I can understand that it's a good idea to post in English, because English is the dominant language on the internet. What I was suggesting was something more like this (pretend that the dominant language on the internet is French for a moment):

Salut, j'aime Le Ur-Quan Masters, mais je vais avoir un problème. Lorsque je démarre, il montre juste moi un écran vide. Est-ce que quelqu'un sait pourquoi ce qui se passerait? Je veux vraiment jouer à ce jeu génial!

Hi, I love The Ur-Quan Masters, but I'm having a problem. When I start up, it just shows me a blank screen. Does anyone know why this would happen? I REALLY want to play this awesome game!

This way, if someone happens to know English (again, we're in pretend-land where French is the dominant language), they can answer in English, which would be really helpful to me. In addition, if Google Translate gave an incomprehensible translation, an English-speaker will be able to read the English text instead of the badly-translated French text. But because the French translation is also there, non-English speakers will still be able to help me with my problem.

I suspect that translation software will translate my presentation of an example badly, so this is a note to those using Google Translate (i.e. Vasaka) to prevent confusion: The above is only a hypothetical example. I realize that English is the dominant language, and I don't actually have a problem with the game.

In retrospect, while I went to French-speaking pretend-land to take less time, considering how carefully I wrote that "clarification" message after, it probably would have been faster to just stay in the real world and translate Japanese text (of my own writing) to English. But, oh well.... Smiley

Alvarin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2010, 01:44:00 pm »

About other languages - I was absolutely certain, but probably just got it from elsewhere...
lakota.james
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2010, 06:52:28 pm »

Yeah, I thought you were supposed to post in English too.  If that's not a guideline on this forum, it is on most.
ziper1221
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2010, 11:23:15 pm »

Indeed.

Which of the six of us is going to care?

The only reason I asked about Ukrainian is I heard a story saying that although the two languages share a lot, the Ukrainians were resisting Russianization for cultural reasons.

Alvarin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2010, 06:04:40 am »

Not the "common folk", but the heads of state.
Vasaka
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2010, 09:36:09 am »

Absolutely! Russian people are fond of Ukrainians, and Ukrainians like Russian.
This political elite seek to divide people and to rewrite history.
onpon4
Enlightened

Sharing is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2010, 12:26:36 pm »

Absolutely! Russian people are fond of Ukrainians, and Ukrainians like Russian.
This political elite seek to divide people and to rewrite history.

Hey, since you're Russian or whatever, do you know what the citizens of the Soviet Union actually thought of the government at the time? I'm just curious, because American textbooks seem to suggest that citizens their hated the government and desperately wanted "freedom", which sounds a lot like American propaganda to me.

Vasaka
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2010, 03:41:44 pm »

Hey, since you're Russian or whatever, do you know what the citizens of the Soviet Union actually thought of the government at the time? I'm just curious, because American textbooks seem to suggest that citizens their hated the government and desperately wanted "freedom", which sounds a lot like American propaganda to me.

That's not true!
Of course, there are Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, the Russian has always disliked. Also there is the western Ukraine, where the same thing. But that's all. People in other republics of the Soviet Union warmly relate to each other. As friends who have lived very long in the same house in which so many good memories of these times. In my town live 300 thousand people, and among them are representatives of almost all nationalities who have lived in the Soviet Union. And many nations that have never been part of the Soviet Union, all related to each other very well.
History books and television, is the main weapon of greedy politicians. They try to convince the younger generation of children, what they need. Want people to think as profitable for them. It's so sad.
onpon4
Enlightened

Sharing is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2010, 01:36:21 am »

That's not true!
Of course, there are Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, the Russian has always disliked. Also there is the western Ukraine, where the same thing. But that's all. People in other republics of the Soviet Union warmly relate to each other. As friends who have lived very long in the same house in which so many good memories of these times. In my town live 300 thousand people, and among them are representatives of almost all nationalities who have lived in the Soviet Union. And many nations that have never been part of the Soviet Union, all related to each other very well.
History books and television, is the main weapon of greedy politicians. They try to convince the younger generation of children, what they need. Want people to think as profitable for them. It's so sad.

That is what I thought. I guess I asked partly because I'm a Communist (Anarchist Communist, to be exact), and partly because I have seen a video of Cuba which, while it was supposed to show how "horrible" Communism is, actually showed that the people of Cuba are perfectly content with their lives, probably even happy.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length