The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:10:11 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  UQM 0.7.0 release candidate 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: UQM 0.7.0 release candidate 2  (Read 8655 times)
TorNis
Zebranky food

View Profile
Re: UQM 0.7.0 release candidate 2
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2011, 11:57:13 pm »

Epic.
UQM 0.7.0 final release - means I should replay Star Control 2 once again Smiley

One question to developers:
Will old Time mod/De-cleansing work with your release? I enjoy exploring SC II world without any time limit. ^^

Or...perhaps you can add this option in the game itself? That would be awesome.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 12:06:43 am by TorNis » Logged
Kohr-Ah Death 213
Enlightened

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 07:12:11 am »

The Time, De-Cleansing, and FMV mod will be updated no more than a few days after the release of 0.7.0 final.
Depending on what I got going on at that time.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 07:15:40 am by Serosis » Logged

The artist once again known as Kohr-Ah Death 213.

Get your MegaMod HERE
Defender
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011, 09:25:48 pm »

So how close are we to a release?...I know, it's done when it's done...no really...how long?
fossil
Core Team
Frungy champion

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2011, 07:12:02 pm »

It might help move things along if people were to state their experiences with RC2 here. Things like "I did a full playthrough and found no problems", and not just bugs you may find, are helpful. Otherwise, we are quite happy with RC2 so far, so the release could be any day now. It's just a matter of getting some time to do it, as everyone is quite busy at the moment.
Admiral Zeratul
*Many bubbles*

I enjoy overthinking things.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2011, 09:01:32 pm »

Excellent! After all this time, we are finally getting a new version number!  Grin I shall download this RC when I find the time.

Priority override. New behavior dictated. Must break post into component ideas.
Kohr-Ah Death 213
Enlightened

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2011, 06:41:54 am »

I've played and had no problems.
Although, even though you guys know this, UQM has a hard time reading the 3DO videos out of a zip file.
It isn't consistent with it either, it could lock up on any of the videos at any given time but it could also not lock up at all and play every video just fine.

On the subject of videos, a quick question; If I were to host the entire collection of videos would anybody be opposed?

I know there could be a legal issue with it and I'll cross that bridge when I get to it, but for the time being it would be a heck of a lot more convenient than to download a 3rd party program to rip the 3DO CD, create a .RMP index, and organize the videos in their respective folders and hope to god you didn't misspell anything in the process. (For awhile I thought I coded the videos in wrong for the FMV mod because I kept getting the Crystal Dynamics Logo sound in with the Ship Spins).

The artist once again known as Kohr-Ah Death 213.

Get your MegaMod HERE
Hunter
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2011, 11:44:55 pm »

Oh, cool, an UQM update!  Grin
Soltis
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2011, 11:56:43 pm »

Why in the world was the control config file schema re-done yet again?
In order to use the same format and code that the RMP files use.

And much more important, why in god's name did you guys remove the configurable menu controls?
The menu controls were never configurable online. To change them see the post above. The menu controls are not part of online config so that you could not get your controls to an unusable state. Granted, some menu controls should be made configurable, like the search, next, zoom-in and zoom-out keys, and maybe others. We'll get right on that  Tongue

I had ESDF/Space/Shift set to menu movement/select/cancel and now I can't do that.
Yes, you can. See post above.

Also, you did notice "0" being the first digit in the version number, right?

I know they were never configurable through the menus; I couldn't figure out how to do it by editing the config file manually, though. If the RMP format is documented (and allows for manual configuration of menu up/down/select/etc) then I'll stop being a *sad animal*.

Suggestion: allow on-line configuration of all controls (including menu selection, etc) but include a "panic button" (Ctrl+F11, e.g.; whatever you think works best) which would revert the "mandatory" controls to some safe default.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length