The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 11:32:30 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Technical Issues (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Can NOT get voices to work in Wii port.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Can NOT get voices to work in Wii port.  (Read 1830 times)
Velleos
Zebranky food

View Profile
Can NOT get voices to work in Wii port.
« on: August 02, 2012, 07:35:35 am »

I've been working on this for about 2 hours now.  I installed the game through the Homebrew Browser, followed the directions at this site http://wiki.uqm.stack.nl/Wii_Port and downloaded the files as a tarball.  Using 7zip with normal compression(and storage compression when that failed), I put the files in a .uqm.  I've tried zipping it with 3dovoice as the root folder, and with just the contents of that folder directly when that didn't work.  I've put the files in directly unzipped at all: I've even downloaded the uqm-0.7.0-voice.uqm from sourceforge and renamed it uqm-0.6.5-voice.uqm.  I did most of these more than once, just to make sure.  All I've succeeded in doing is getting the music to stop playing sometimes, and my wii either freezes when there should be a dialog screen, or it continues with just text.  I have tried a few other things, but I don't want to fill this post up with every step I took for 2 hours.  Any ideas?
Novus
Enlightened

Fot or not?

View Profile
Re: Can NOT get voices to work in Wii port.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 11:59:57 am »

The content files have changed since the Wii port was made. Merely downloading a tarball of the content files as they are now probably won't give you files compatible with the Wii port. However, you can request a tarball containing SVN r3185 from SourceForge's SVN server.

RTFM = Read the fine manual.
RTTFAQ = Read the Ur-Quan Masters Technical FAQ.
Velleos
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 12:36:35 am »

Alright, I'm downloading the tarball you posted now, and am formatting the SD card and reinstalling UQM.  I should post back in a day or two to let you know if it worked.  Thank you for your help.
Novus
Enlightened

Fot or not?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 01:48:08 am »

The Ultronomicon page on content management should be helpful in telling you where to put the .uqm archives (naturally, you should replace the version number in the file names). 3domusic and 3dovoice should be folders within the archives: you can use the version 0.7 content files as a guide to putting files in the right place.

RTFM = Read the fine manual.
RTTFAQ = Read the Ur-Quan Masters Technical FAQ.
Velleos
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 08:44:22 am »

I downloaded the tarball you posted, and extracted the folders out of it.  I used 7zip to zip 3dovoice into a file that I named uqm-0.6.5-voice.uqm.  I put it into the content/packages directory and tried that.  No luck.  Tried creating content/addons directory and put it in that.  No luck.  I'm starting to think there's just something wrong with this port.
Velleos
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 09:01:08 am »

I figured out ONE of my issues is repeatable.  If I go into the settings menu when I load the game, and then choose new game after, I have no music when navigating the solar system.
If I start the new game without going to the menu, I hear the music.  I also sometimes notice that if I quit a game and go back to the menu, speech volume will be at 0.  Setting this to 90 has no effect as voices still do not work.  I also looked in the version file in the content directory of my game, and it shows what i believe is 0.6.0, so I've downloaded the voice uqm file for that and am testing it now, but no luck so far.  Has ANYONE gotten voices to work on their wii?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length