The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:46:51 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Official Remix Pack 4: The New Alliance of Free Stars
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Official Remix Pack 4: The New Alliance of Free Stars  (Read 14014 times)
Megagun
Enlightened

Moo

View Profile
Re: Official Remix Pack 4: The New Alliance of Free Stars
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 09:46:35 pm »

Mirror for onpon4
TiLT
*Smell* controller

To boldly go where no Spathi has dared go before

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2012, 09:56:04 pm »

Thanks for providing the mirror! Smiley

In other news, I just spent the entire evening preparing the UQM package for use in-game (it's a lot more work than you might think), and it's now out of my hands. It's close, people! Very close!
Steve-O
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2012, 12:13:16 am »

I have been waiting literally years (almost a decade, actually) for this announcement, and I'm very excited that it finally came to pass! =D
Thank you to the whole Precursor team and to everyone who pitched in to help them make this a reality.  At long last, the new UQM soundtrack is complete! =D
Slylendro
*Many bubbles*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2012, 01:18:53 am »

great job on the new remixes!
I especially liked the outro&intro , and the sentient milieu theme. =]

It is as though your species' brain is too small to hold a simple thought
such as, WE WILL KILL YOU FOR DISOBEYING!
This is not a complex idea.
CelticMinstrel
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2012, 02:44:22 pm »

Yay, finally! But, um... what's track 15 for? "The Sentient Milieu"?
Death 999
Global Moderator
Enlightened

We did. You did. Yes we can. No.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2012, 03:46:06 am »

No in-game purpose, but as an album, it operates at a level of abstraction that would permit including things like that. And it does seem they're significant enough they could get a mention.
evktalo
Frungy champion

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2012, 01:12:41 pm »

This is great news! I was just thinking about this project the other day and wondering when it would be completed. And now I know. I'll download and listen later this week!

--Eino
rjhunter
Zebranky food

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2012, 09:13:40 am »

I've put together a quick and unofficial UQM package for the fourth and final Precursors album. I'm sure someone working on this already -- someone with better knowledge and experience than me -- but I put this together to gain a bit of experience.

Hopefully you'll find it useful too (at least until the official package comes out).

Details at https://gist.github.com/4418209 - the pack itself is hosted on some fairly shaky-looking storage so hopefully it sticks around long enough and doesn't have too many pop-ups :-) Is there a better place to host this kind of thing?

metamorphosis
Frungy champion

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2013, 10:44:14 am »

Heyo- I'm the one what did the intro/outro,
here's the intro and ending with video, if you're wanting to seer how it plays out without completing the game yet again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H724RYgvjy0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar50sWqyeCs
M@
Elestan
*Smell* controller

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2013, 04:00:54 pm »

Heyo- I'm the one what did the intro/outro,
here's the intro and ending with video, if you're wanting to seer how it plays out without completing the game yet again:
Hmm...just MHO, but I think I'd prefer that the intro have a bit more energy and more of a beat.  The trumpet fanfares in the original version always gave me a sense of determination, like a man setting out on a mission to save the galaxy (appropriately).  This version feels more like a person walking into an beautiful and ancient cathedral...it has a sense of wonder and awe, but no drive to do.
0xDEC0DE
*Many bubbles*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2013, 07:13:44 pm »

The Medieval Future website seems to be blocked by some ISPs in the world (I can't get to it from home) so I've set up a proxy which might work better for some folks:

http://www.submedia.net/precursors/

This will muck up your web logs a bit, guys.  Sorry.  But at least it'll work.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 08:10:23 pm by 0xDEC0DE » Logged

"I’m not a robot like you. I don’t like having disks crammed into me… unless they’re Oreos, and then only in the mouth."  --Fry
TiLT
*Smell* controller

To boldly go where no Spathi has dared go before

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2013, 11:10:33 pm »

The Medieval Future website seems to be blocked by some ISPs in the world (I can't get to it from home) so I've set up a proxy which might work better for some folks:

http://www.submedia.net/precursors/

This will muck up your web logs a bit, guys.  Sorry.  But at least it'll work.

What ISP is that? How is the site blocked? Do you get an error message specifying a reason? Is this something that has been going on for a while, or is it something that has happened recently (or just once)? What DNS are you using, if you're not just allowing your ISP to choose for you?

If our site is blocked, there has to be some kind of reason, and I want to know what it is. It could be anything from a simple misunderstanding to something more serious like someone injecting dangerous code into the site somehow without me noticing. In any case, I need to know so it can be fixed!

One more thing: If at a computer where you can't access the site, could you send me the results of a traceroute? If using Windows, just open the command prompt and type "tracert www.medievalfuture.com" and send me the results as a private message. This will let me eliminate a few possibilities or even locate the source of the problem if I'm lucky.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 11:12:58 pm by TiLT » Logged
metamorphosis
Frungy champion

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2013, 08:50:26 am »

The problem with the argument is that it doesn't vibe well with the rest of the game once you've got the remix music in there. With the first in-game music, after the intro, it's lush ambient exploratory music - and if you have gung-ho stuff beforehand it doesn't work, it's like changing gears too fast. I get what you're saying, but I had to walk a middle line between something that was inspiring and driving, and something that was exploratory and ambient. I think I did pretty well.

Hmm...just MHO, but I think I'd prefer that the intro have a bit more energy and more of a beat.  The trumpet fanfares in the original version always gave me a sense of determination, like a man setting out on a mission to save the galaxy (appropriately).  This version feels more like a person walking into an beautiful and ancient cathedral...it has a sense of wonder and awe, but no drive to do.
Schizoid
Zebranky food

aka SLY

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2013, 02:59:02 pm »

Greetings!

First of all, excuse my bad english ))

I came to say a big thanks to the team Precursors and all those who participated in these remixes! Basically, it's great tracks that have kept the original atmosphere of the game. And I feel that it is made with love. I've been waiting for a remix pack 4 and am very happy that he finally came out, as well as many others.

As I understand it, now is working on adapting remix pack 4 for the game. I have a request. Could you at the same time with this to make sure that the track Exploration (Solar System) by Jouni Ayraksinen not start from the beginning after each planet and continued on. Let start again in the new system, but not after each planet. I think it would be great. Space exploration would be more diverse and we will not have to listen to only 10-30 seconds of the same after each planet from the wonderful 10-min track. Ideally, if the continuation of the track begins from little fade.

I would be very grateful if you would do it. Once again thank you for your work!

P.S. And I hope you understand what I mean ))

onpon4
Enlightened

Sharing is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2013, 03:28:21 pm »

I have a request. Could you at the same time with this to make sure that the track Exploration (Solar System) by Jouni Ayraksinen not start from the beginning after each planet and continued on. Let start again in the new system, but not after each planet. I think it would be great. Space exploration would be more diverse and we will not have to listen to only 10-30 seconds of the same after each planet from the wonderful 10-min track. Ideally, if the continuation of the track begins from little fade.

That would be a nice thing (and something similar for Hyperspace), but a remix pack can't do that, that needs to be a change in UQM's code.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length