The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:53:39 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Technical Issues (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Totally clueless
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Totally clueless  (Read 1902 times)
29jar
Zebranky food

View Profile
Totally clueless
« on: January 19, 2013, 01:19:26 am »

I've downloaded the Ur-Quan 0.7.0 and the HD mod, but how do I get the game to start running in HD? Do I need to transfer some files around or something?
onpon4
Enlightened

Sharing is good.

View Profile WWW
Re: Totally clueless
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 02:37:13 am »

They way we do "mods" for UQM is actually more like forking, i.e. there is a separate executable binary, so I'm guessing you're running the wrong program. You want to download just the HD mod and run the executable it comes with.

But I've not tried the HD mod yet, so I could be completely wrong. Alternatively, I don't know if the HD mod simply prevents you from using 640x480 and lower or if it uses the original graphics. If it's the latter case, so you could check that (the HD graphics haven't been implemented for 640x480 yet).

29jar
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 08:05:39 pm »

As far as I can tell, all the HD mod is is a ZIP file, I can't find anything I can click to run it.
onpon4
Enlightened

Sharing is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 11:12:50 pm »

Zip is an archive format. You need to extract it. I assume you're on Windows (since none of the other downloads are in Zip files), so you ought to be able to do it in Windows Explorer by double-clicking it and clicking something somewhere that says "extract" (I know that Windows XP, Vista, and 7 have this functionality, and I don't see a reason for Microsoft to remove it in Windows Eight). Failing that, you can use 7-zip.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length