The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:45:18 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Star Control 3 On Steam!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Star Control 3 On Steam!  (Read 5881 times)
PlazSoft
Zebranky food

View Profile
Star Control 3 On Steam!
« on: August 24, 2013, 01:44:43 am »

Our new Star Control 3 style game needs your vote on Steam Greenlight. Let me know what you think.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=171764685
Rapajez
Frungy champion

View Profile
Re: Star Control 3 On Steam!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 02:12:31 am »

Thread title was a little misleading...but voted for you guys none the less. Looks like fun!
FakeMccoy
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 01:33:08 am »

Calling it "misleading" is a severe understatement, but it is still cool to see someone's game on steam.
John Le Sway
Zebranky food

I like SC2. Alot. :)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 10:30:00 am »

No offense at all, but I personally think the story seems very unlike SC2. Pluto and Alpha Centauri? Seriously? We can go to fucking vega in sc2.

~Kohr-Ah ain't got noting on this~
Alvarin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 10:14:16 pm »

Other than being in space, it has nothing to do with Star Control...
Anthony
*Smell* controller

Star Control Lives!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 06:09:49 am »

Thread title was a little misleading...but voted for you guys none the less. Looks like fun!

I concur.  I don't know why you're comparing Yargis to the third game in the Star Control series, unless you plan on using puppets with very limited movements.  We don't speak of it and it is not considered part of the SC canon established by Toys for Bob.  TFB had nothing to do with that game.  For more info about this, check out the PONAF site.

The video on the site certainly reminded me of Star Control in the sense that the player is controlling a ship in 2D space with a variety of ships.  I watched a couple of your YouTube videos.  The idea of a level editor, ship customizing and different multiplayer modes would be very appealing to SC fans.  Keep in mind, Star Control is more than just ship combat; SC2 is known for its witty and fascinating character dialog, space exploration, negotiating with aliens and helping them in order to forge alliances and just how unique each of these aliens are and a very diverse and unique soundtrack just to name a few.  Have you played through The Ur-Quan Masters?

I gave you a thumbs up on Greenlight too.  Good luck and congratulations on being featured on the news and reaching your $10,000 goal on Kickstarter.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length