The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:02:21 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Unable to continue
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Unable to continue  (Read 3518 times)
Nathilus

Email
Unable to continue
« on: March 02, 2003, 02:03:39 am »

I've completed all the objectives except the suprise attack on the Mycon and the Chmmr. So I get the go ahead to tell them to breed near (whatever star) except I forget to tell a ship, and instead go directly to their home planet. I deliver the message to the planet, and am simply told to go away. The option to tell them where to go has dissapeared, but they haven't budged. So I'm stuck, since I can't get the sun device off the surface of the planet because the infinite Mycon ships are still there. Any solutions?
Censored
Enlightened

Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep.

View Profile
Re: Unable to continue
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2003, 02:12:54 am »

Can you be more specific on the delivered what message, they tell you what, and  what do you mean in "except I forget to tell a ship"?

Perhaps you need to give them time to move? it takes a few days before you see actual movement on map.

"You boldly enter our space! Approach this Dreadnought as though it were a recreation base and then play the dumb hominid?
Who do you take us for, Captain... Spathi!?"
Nathilus

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2003, 02:17:41 am »

I apologize for not having been descriptive enough. The previous times that I have beaten the game, I have always delivered the trap-message to a Mycon ship. Instead this time I went directly to the Mycon homeworld and delivered the message. I was simply told to go away.

I have given the Mycon ample time to move. I went ahead and finished a couple of other missions, so that this is the only one to remain. Between the delivery of the message and the present game state, about a month of game time has passed.
Omni-Sama
*Smell* controller

Zebranky-Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2003, 02:29:14 am »

I had this same problem playing through the game.

You have to go talk to Mycon patrol ships several times (and either battling them or escaping in the flagship), until they tell you about the Deep Children... then talk to the Syreen... THEN you can go to the homeworld of the Deep Children and tell them to go to Organon.

Of course, you can also talk to the Melnorme and ask for secrets on other races until they tell you about the Mycon Deep Children...  that is, if you have enough credits to spare.

"Even Our House Pets Are Rather Evil." - Ilwrath Captain
Captain Smith

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2003, 01:31:01 am »

Usually (and I haven't played through UQM this far, it usually wigs out on me and crashes before this happens), in the original game, I go to the Mycon homeworld after I visited a shattered world and ask them "Why are the shattered worlds only found in your region of space?"  And they says "Those are the homes of the Deep Children".  So there you go...

The other methods work too...but that's usually the most direct I've found if it's allowed in UQM.
Draco
Zebranky food

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2003, 05:52:11 am »

im stuck at the same part, i did everything except they wont move, i dont know what to do anymore. I told the Mycon and they acted as if i said nothing, well more like "you are on our sacred land" or something and to go away
Niahak
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2003, 06:06:10 am »

Maybe you've got the wrong world?  They have a homeworld and the other world...  The other one's the one they refer to as their "sacred place"... so try the other one.
Captain Smith

Email
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2003, 06:56:32 am »

Yeah, they have their homeworld and they have their stronghold world...you know kind of like the VUX and Zex's world and Traddash and the Aqua Helix world?
Captain Smith

Email
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2003, 07:05:09 am »

Yeah, they have their homeworld and they have their stronghold world...you know kind of like the VUX and Zex's world and Traddash and the Aqua Helix world?
Draco
Zebranky food

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2003, 07:26:17 am »

Thanks! i thought it was beta brahe, cause thats what the walkthrough i was consulting said, and the map i had, and it seemed to make sense in my memory from '93 but it wasnt its epsilon scorpii

Thanks, your help may have saved the known universe
ashe
Zebranky food

Tomorrow's the perfect day to do anything

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2003, 02:25:56 am »

I had the same issue, and the odd thing is that when you go to the Mycon stronghold at Beta Brahe, 639.5 x 231.2, you get the option in the dialogue to tell them about Organon, but they disregard it and then keep trying to fight you. The Mycon homeworld is located at Epsilon Scopii, 629.1 x 220.8. Once you go there you tell them about Organon the Mycon will then leave and then you must go to Epsilon Scorpii to get the Mycon Sun Device.

Hopefully this will save some hair-pulling for someone down the road.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length