The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:51:48 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  To The Music People
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: To The Music People  (Read 2905 times)
ErekLich
*Many bubbles*

One Ring to rule them all, eh you know the rest.

View Profile
To The Music People
« on: March 07, 2003, 03:00:35 am »

First of all, let me say that I've loved both remixes realesed thus far.  If you can make the rest of them as good, you'll make me (and I'll wager a lot of others) a very *Happy Camper*.

That said, I have a question:  any idea when we can expect the next "pre-release" remix?  (I think Norg said it was Druuge, but I'm not sure.)  I don't mean to rush you guys, I'm just wondering...

Oh God, please don't let me die today!  Tomorrow would be SO much better!
Shiver

Email
Re: To The Music People
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2003, 04:48:45 am »

Yeah, I feel the same way about the remixes. There's just not a lot I can add here.

Oh wait, does anyone know where I can download the other SC2 mp3s? I got 90% of them from Audiogalaxy before that thing turned to crap. Every time I've searched Kazaa for "Star Control", all I got was like a billion different variations of some song called "Puddle of mud". I don't know what that is and I really don't care. The ones I'm missing are the old and new quasispace along with the Slylandro Probe music.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2003, 04:49:23 am by Shiver » Logged
Omni-Sama
*Smell* controller

Zebranky-Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2003, 04:50:21 am »

The Druuge track is the last reported song that we've heard has had work done on the remix.  It was shortly after George Nowik released the Shofixti remix that he announced he was working on the Druuge track.  He sounded really excited about it as I remember, saying that the people who liked rock and heavier music would dig the new remix.  Other than that, I don't think there's been much of anything mentioned since.

This is basically what I've perceived to be the truth, although don't kill the messenger... however correct or incorrect I may or may not be.

"Even Our House Pets Are Rather Evil." - Ilwrath Captain
ErekLich
*Many bubbles*

One Ring to rule them all, eh you know the rest.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2003, 06:57:24 am »

Shiver:

The mp3s can be found at http://www.classicgaming.com/starcontrol The Pages of Now and Forever.

Oh God, please don't let me die today!  Tomorrow would be SO much better!
Chad
*Many bubbles*

PNF Webmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2003, 06:39:52 pm »

More specifically, if it will help,

http://www.classicgaming.com/starcontrol/3do/music.shtml

"...Dogar And Kazon Clack Their Mandibles Against One Another And Snicker With Amusement."
Shiver

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2003, 09:01:35 am »

Thanks to both of you. It should have occured to me to check that site since I already know about it.

Still, downloading anything from Fileplanet just plain sucks.
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2003, 04:49:29 am »

I suspect these tracks are recorded from the 3DO analog output. You can also find the music files in the UQM content dir, in .ogg format. These are directly converted from the 3DO files.

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Chad
*Many bubbles*

PNF Webmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2003, 07:18:44 pm »

Still, downloading anything from Fileplanet just plain sucks.

I agree.  But, in a perfect world, a thing like FilePlanet would not exist...

Considering I have over 300 megs of Star Control related files (not to mention the website itself is over 100 megs and thats not counting all the "affiliates" that are also hosted)... its the only way I can offer that many downloads, period.  Being a normal person, I just can't afford the cost of a true "host" from the bandwidth and server space perspective.

Thus, because it is "free" to me AND you, we have to live with Banner Ads and FilePlanet.  (which I think is not that bad besides the waiting in line part... but sometimes I wait even longer elsewhere when server's are busy)  I actually like FilePlanet from the perspective of after I wait the time that it tells me, I ALWAYS get my file  Tongue

P.S. If you've already downloaded UQM, I'd recommend just going with meep-eep's suggestion.  This reminds me, I should probably update the downloads with the "REAL" files that were extracted from the game...

"...Dogar And Kazon Clack Their Mandibles Against One Another And Snicker With Amusement."
Ph@nToM
Zebranky food

Life is just a game...and death is just the same

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2003, 03:34:48 am »

The really nice thing about the ogg files are that they play in Winamp.  Wink Be sure to have the equalizer settings on full bass/treble
norg
Zebranky food

WE COME IN PEACE

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2003, 12:11:11 pm »

guh.  a guy gets laid off from his job and you'd -think- that he'd have more time to write music... (:  no such luck there.

as for the next pre-release, we haven't determined which (if any) will be released before the final package.  the only mention of druuge was the fact that it was the next one that i was starting on.  if i were -smart-, i'd finish what i've started on spathi and umgah.  but that would be too easy . (:

having said that, we'll keep you posted on what's going on.  so far, you've had one from riku and one from me.  it's more likely than not that a track would come from one of the other doods.  but changes happen all the time so don't take it as gospel truth.

i must admit it's refreshing to see such enthusiasm.  glad ya'll are enjoying it so far.

-= george =-
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length