The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:25:33 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  The UQM MegaMod - Now on MacOS X!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Print
Author Topic: The UQM MegaMod - Now on MacOS X!  (Read 20484 times)
Kohr-Ah Death 213
Enlightened

View Profile WWW
Re: The UQM MegaMod - Now on MacOS X!
« Reply #165 on: August 30, 2017, 10:12:59 pm »

Yeah, it should be working if you've got the MegaMod installed.

Are you sure you're running the MegaMod exe and not the original UQM-HD exe?

The artist once again known as Kohr-Ah Death 213.

Get your MegaMod HERE
GameMusic
Zebranky food

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 04, 2017, 10:04:06 pm »

Yes and it has MegaMod 7.2 on title screen too.

Apparently I need 7.3! Duh!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 10:07:09 pm by GameMusic » Logged
Soul Reaver
Frungy champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: September 30, 2017, 01:39:46 am »

You might be interested in my latest visual fix for UQM HD as well - head over to this thread for details.

Go to www.warpstormstudios.com/uqmmod for my dialogue and visual fixes for UQM and UQMHD!
spinacci
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 15, 2017, 05:30:42 am »

Hi,

I was playing super melee and noticed when choosing ships that there was a message that said for more ships, play P6014.  Seeing that P6014 is not continuing for the foreseeable future, would be it be possible to integrate the new ships from P6014 into UQM?  The P6014 that I am using now (0.2.1) doesn't seem to work anymore on Mac OS.

Thanks
Kohr-Ah Death 213
Enlightened

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: October 15, 2017, 07:45:29 pm »

It's certainly possible. Next time I'm doing work on the code I'll take a look and see if it's feasible without hacking away at everything.

Get your MegaMod HERE
spinacci
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 16, 2017, 06:33:37 am »

Awesome.  That would be great.

thanks for your hard work too.  I really appreciate the time and effort that you and everyone else has put into UQM.
CelticMinstrel
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 18, 2017, 01:43:28 am »

...I'd really prefer not integrating any fan-made ships into UQM proper.

There may be a chance that you can get your old P6014 working by simply substituting in the SDL version distributed with UQM-HD. I'd make a copy first, in case it doesn't work, though. (Basically this means go to "show package contents", find the SDL package in UQM-HD, and copy it to the equivalent location in P6014.)
spinacci
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 18, 2017, 03:37:19 am »

I would probably need more of step by step on how to do what you propose with my current P6014.  The issue with the last version of P6014 is that the Yehat doesn't work in Super Melee which is why I was requesting the extra 5 ships be added to UQM Super Melee.

Maybe they can be added as an add-on?  I fear that it would take more time and hacking if it were to be an add-on.
Death 999
Global Moderator
Enlightened

We did. You did. Yes we can. No.

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 18, 2017, 04:25:38 am »

Is MegaMod UQM proper, though? P6104 is a mod.
Kohr-Ah Death 213
Enlightened

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: October 18, 2017, 08:00:42 pm »

Not really, but from the feedback I've received it seems to be the only version that's active currently.

I'm still hoping Ghosts of the Precursors livens up the devs to push for some development.

Get your MegaMod HERE
CelticMinstrel
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 19, 2017, 02:07:13 am »

As far as I can tell it's the closest there is to "proper" for the HD version, at least. I guess it's technically not "proper" though. I was under the impression that the official builds do still work on modern systems (not that I can check that), but they don't have HD support.
Kohr-Ah Death 213
Enlightened

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: October 23, 2017, 12:01:59 am »

I can't even get 6014 to compile in Visual Studio. Something about GLIB but then I include the dev headers for GLIB then get 12 unresolved externals.

Code:
1>pkunkc.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _prep_conversation_module referenced in function _init_pkunk_comm
1>pkunkc.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _cm_intro referenced in function _init_pkunk_comm
1>commglue.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _init_yehatpkunk_comm referenced in function _init_race
1>commglue.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _init_shofixticolony_comm referenced in function _init_race
1>dummy.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _init_foonfoon referenced in function _CodeResToInitFunc
1>dummy.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _init_baul referenced in function _CodeResToInitFunc
1>gendef.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _generateShofixtiColonyFunctions
1>globdata.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _g_hash_table_insert referenced in function _InitGlobData
1>globdata.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _g_hash_table_new referenced in function _InitGlobData
1>globdata.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _g_str_hash referenced in function _InitGlobData
1>globdata.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _g_str_equal referenced in function _InitGlobData
1>globdata.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _g_hash_table_lookup referenced in function _GetGameStateByName

If anyone can help with that it would be one step towards getting ships from 6014 into the MegaMod.

On the more positive side if 0.8.0 ever gets a release I've already done the footwork of porting over my code to what's available in the git.

Get your MegaMod HERE
darklord42
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 23, 2017, 04:23:19 am »

hmm,  what are the changes of getting uqm-hd on the 0.8.0 branch?  or is it far too different?
spinacci
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 23, 2017, 06:52:14 am »

If anyone can help with that it would be one step towards getting ships from 6014 into the MegaMod.

The only person I know would know what is happening is dczanik but I'm not sure if he's active on the forums anymore.   Sad
Kohr-Ah Death 213
Enlightened

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: October 23, 2017, 05:30:15 pm »

hmm,  what are the changes of getting uqm-hd on the 0.8.0 branch?  or is it far too different?

I'll be finding this out soon enough. I'm sure there will be large hurdles to getting things working but it should be a possible but lengthy as hell process.

EDIT:

I'm thinking the new save/load code will be the hardest to adjust for when porting HD over to 0.8.0

UPDATE:

While it may be doable, updating 0.8.0 to use the current HD-Mod code is a nightmare for me and my current skillset.
There are enough major and subtle changes between 0.7.0 and 0.8.0 that I would be debugging for months and I do not have that kind of patience for coding.

If anyone wants to take a crack at it I'll leave a unified diff detailing the changes from Classic to HD for 0.7.0 in the root of my git.
https://github.com/Serosis/UQM-MegaMod/blob/master/0.7.0-Classic2HD.diff
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 06:58:42 am by Serosis » Logged

Get your MegaMod HERE
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length