The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:14:11 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  What's with the 0 posters?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: What's with the 0 posters?  (Read 7742 times)
Omni-Sama
*Smell* controller

Zebranky-Killer

View Profile
Re: What's with the 0 posters?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2003, 01:39:53 am »

Alot of people don't feel comfortable posting.  Some people in other forums give newbies a bad 'rap, which isn't very fair at all.  Then there are some people who register, plan to post, but don't because their toast popped, or their computer froze, or their girlfriend called... or some crazy stuff like that.

The luker code is also highly detailed.  Breaking it would be betrayal to lurkers everywhere.

"Even Our House Pets Are Rather Evil." - Ilwrath Captain
Mark Vera
*Many bubbles*

Me?You mean me,personally? How nice of you to ask!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2003, 03:31:20 am »

Or maybe they are busy composing great star control remixes .. like me  Grin   Roll Eyes

JonoPorter
Enlightened

Don't mess with the US.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2003, 06:02:18 am »

or maybe they joined but the sheer size of our huge words scared them off. see that i used 2 6 letter words. ops its now 3

or they joined forgot what there username was and rejoined as BioSlayer. well thats what i did.
or they registerd but didnt care for the whole having to rember there name and password and post as guests.

There are none so blind as those who will not see. — Jonathan Swift

My Remake of UQM.
My 2D physics engine
Both are written in C#.
Atonomous_Fighter_999-1
Zebranky food

"I'm autonomous!"

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2003, 02:57:53 pm »

Or maybe some of us signed on because we remember the game from our childhood, but have made a silly decision to learn a foreign language, and just haven't had the time to post.   Smiley

Striker
Zebranky food

Frungy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2003, 06:32:26 am »

I usually read ALL the threads. But I never post. Except for the occasional new CVS build.
umgahbob
Frungy champion

fun

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2003, 07:02:46 am »

Or maybe some of us signed on because we remember the game from our childhood, but have made a silly decision to learn a foreign language, and just haven't had the time to post.   Smiley

Another option is that some of us are too lazy to post.  Smiley
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2003, 08:36:15 pm »

Breaking the topic a bit I would just like to state : Thanks Striker! You are without a doubt one fo the heroes in this community with those updates! As long as you keep em coming, no need to post Wink And if you rerad all the threads, let me apologise at this late stage for having to have read all the weird stuff I put up around here Smiley

What's up doc?
Striker
Zebranky food

Frungy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2003, 11:01:43 pm »

No probs :)
guesst
Enlightened

Ancient Shofixti Warrior

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2003, 12:48:26 pm »

I know my problem is that I lurked for a while, finally decided to register, registered, and then ran out of things to say. I've decided I wouldn't post "that's a pretty good idea you've got there. Too bad it was already mentioned, talked about, beaten to death and burried in the thread <Insert Link>" since doing so is bitter, condescending, and will occupy all of my time.
But besides regurgitating somebodies old ideas before reading previous posts, nobody seems to be doing much else on this board nowadays. And they do so with such frequency that the few posts with original ideas or interesting topics that should be discussed in length immedately get piledriven to page 3 on the board!
Man, that was a bitter post. I must be in a bad mood. Time to go to bed.

A new game and it's code each week. Please visit Cymon's Games
chmmravatar
*Many bubbles*

WHAT IS DONE IS DONE

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2003, 01:21:15 pm »

Well, I have a nice 50 posts now. Usually I only post a reply if I have something pertinent to say (this post is an exception Wink).
Fsi-Dib
*Many bubbles*

The Crimson Corporation

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2003, 05:03:07 pm »

I don't visit this place so many times any more. Too much discussion makes me confuse and I'm not interested of reading hours of forum text ...

Just too much. Probably I'll stick being a Zebranky Food. Tongue

The unofficial music critic.
guesst
Enlightened

Ancient Shofixti Warrior

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2003, 02:44:03 am »

You know, after my bitter post last night I got to thinking that one problem with this forum is there's just one big "General Discussion" forum that could be broken up into a few smaller forums like:
Suggestions for the Next Release
Strategy and Help
and
General Discussions.
Now PNF already has all these forums at another YaBB forum http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~starcontrol/board/YaBB.pl but who cares! No one seems to visit there, where as we get 20 posts a day here. I think this board should combine with that board, and keep this link. Sorry PNF, but this one is just too much more popular.

A new game and it's code each week. Please visit Cymon's Games
Kohr-Ah_Primat
*Smell* controller

Lady Marauder

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2003, 06:05:10 am »

True, some delineation of posts would be a good thing. I for one certainly wouldn't mind going through old posts and marking them off as belonging in one category or another.

We are the Ur-Quan Kohr-Ah.
Our nature, the fulfillment of our fate requires your destruction.
You are filth. It is now your time to be cleansed.
Chad
*Many bubbles*

PNF Webmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2003, 09:10:16 pm »

I think this board should combine with that board, and keep this link. Sorry PNF, but this one is just too much more popular.

Frankly, why would I care? Tongue

The PNF board will remain as a place where any Star Control discussion is welcomed.  I cannot tell you how many projects and people I've seen come and go... mostly just go.  As long as I'm running PNF, it will always be a place that archives information, serves up news of new information and fan stuff and a place to discuss Starcon.

Even if this board and project disappeared tomorrow, I'll continue on with that goal.

"...Dogar And Kazon Clack Their Mandibles Against One Another And Snicker With Amusement."
Omni-Sama
*Smell* controller

Zebranky-Killer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2003, 03:08:48 am »

Even if this board and project disappeared tomorrow, I'll continue on with that goal.

I'm glad to hear that.  The PNF boards play an important role in the Star Control fan community.  I mean, without the PNF boards, there might not be the UQM boards today.  I check out both boards, from time to time, just to see what's going on in the community.  Obviously I post more here than I do there, but I don't think it's purpose is lessened in anyway by the new forums.

True, some delineation of posts would be a good thing. I for one certainly wouldn't mind going through old posts and marking them off as belonging in one category or another.

Wow, you really do have a lot of free time...   Grin

"Even Our House Pets Are Rather Evil." - Ilwrath Captain
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length