The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:27:16 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Why I love UQM
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Why I love UQM  (Read 1590 times)
Sabrejack
Zebranky food

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
Why I love UQM
« on: April 11, 2003, 11:38:56 pm »

After completing the long trek out a far corner of the galaxy (where I successfully dealt with the probe infestation), I discovered myself without quite enough fuel to get back home to beloved Sol.  I began to system-hop, one by one, back toward Sol, in hopes that I might find a wandering Melnorme trader to refuel my flagship.

Along the way, I found oodles of biological data, ruby worlds, auric worlds, treasure worlds, and even a rainbow world.  This would have been a great day for mankind, had I not now been almost completely out of fuel.  To top it all off, I made contact with the Arilou - nice guys, but no fuel.  I had four holds full of riches and no way to get home, and I sighed heavily as the tank ran dry in the middle of hyperspace.

Just then, a blip shows up on my scanners..  I cross my fingers:  an Arilou?  Umgah?  maybe another probe?  Huzzah, it's the Melnorme!  My biodata and rainbow worlds add up to over 6000 credits!  I buy every single tech available, fill up my fuel tanks, and head home to glorious Sol.

When I get home and unload, I rake in a total of over 11,000 RU..  and all the starbase captain can say is, "That should keep the fires burning"..  Fah!  I ALMOST DIED OUT THERE!

Anyhow, this is why I love UQM.
JonoPorter
Enlightened

Don't mess with the US.

View Profile WWW
Re: Why I love UQM
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2003, 11:54:26 pm »

This is why i love UQM

while i was around collecting minerals in one of those big systems i found a planet that had a LARGE amount of rus on it unfortanatly it had like 10000 degrees and did not want to risk lossing a lander so i went to the next planet and guess what i found? a MELNORME! i had just enough credits to get the fire shielding and some other techs then went back and got those minerals. i was so exicted about what i was going to do with the rus and tech that i decided not to completly fill my 8th and last storage bay when i got back i had enough RUs to completly Tweak out my mothership and fill up my fleet with utwig! it was a glorius day!

There are none so blind as those who will not see. — Jonathan Swift

My Remake of UQM.
My 2D physics engine
Both are written in C#.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length