The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:45:02 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  uqm lander mods?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: uqm lander mods?  (Read 3109 times)
Defender
Enlightened

View Profile
uqm lander mods?
« on: April 16, 2003, 06:03:28 am »

now i dont want this to turn into "cheating is wrong" or "hey i cheat all the time"
what im looking for is someone with program experiance or maybe be a way i can edit the flags to have just the protective devices turned on in the landers. ie the lighting resist, earthquake resist, hot spot resist, this way i can clean out systems as i go. "well how bout just a few thousand bio credits and you can buy all that cra...stuff, no thats more then i want to cheat. just thoes three items should do me just fine, and no more.

and thanks to this forum and a few people (you know who you are) for setting me strait  Wink ~DEFIANT
Kohr-Ah_Primat
*Smell* controller

Lady Marauder

View Profile
Re: uqm lander mods?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2003, 08:09:07 am »

It isn't wrong.
It is your own choice to do so, and as long as you accept the consequences of your actions (i.e. the game might be less satisfying) that is your decision to make.

As for the whole 'setting you straight' thing...
It kinda makes me twitch. *shudder*
Not because I'm a proponent of 'being wicked' so to speak.
But more along the lines that I get the feeling you still retain your original conviction, and are saying that to appease others. If not, and they've truly 'made you seen the light' then more power to you.

But I think everyone has the right to cling to their convictions, as problematic and 'wrong' as other people may see them.

We are the Ur-Quan Kohr-Ah.
Our nature, the fulfillment of our fate requires your destruction.
You are filth. It is now your time to be cleansed.
AnonomouSpathi
*Many bubbles*

Spathi?  What spathi?  You're imagining, hunam.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2003, 08:59:53 am »

quick response:  Changing the actual rules of the game is a poor way to go about it.  You'd almost definitely need to make a few edits to the code, and then recompile it.  Since you seem to have no programming experience, chances of you having the know how to compile the thing, let alone a compiler to use are pretty slim.

Your best bet is to go looking for a savegame editor, perhaps one of those can do it.  Or, if you're really desperate, you might be able to use a windows memory editor cheat program to accomplish it.
Defender
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2003, 09:00:34 am »

no no just being nice thats all. its not like ive turned over a new leaf just keeping the peace. heck you should see my desktop, it full of roms for the nes,snes, and genesis, ive probley got over 500 games easy. and yes all downloaded off the net. but that was long before i ever found this place. when i say set me strait i mean that ive seen there point of view fully, not that ive chaged my ways. but in order to keep flash points down some one has to lay down and roll over. im a big enough man to turn the other cheek. they said what i did was wrong and they are right but that doesnt mean im going to change. well may be a little. the only person i have to plez is me, and well my wife sometimes if you know what i mean Wink so it just isnt all talk its more or less im done fighting. i want to move on and well forget about it~DEFIANT

what is a windows editor?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2003, 09:10:05 am by DEFIANT » Logged
Kohr-Ah_Primat
*Smell* controller

Lady Marauder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2003, 09:18:17 am »

But to be honest, I think you'd be best off if you just downloaded the location of the rainbow worlds and scooped up three or four of their locations real quick. It doesn't pose the nasty problem of compile errors and fubaring up your game.

DEFIANT:
I've found that changing a person's beliefs is about the hardest thing in the world. A person's beliefs are integral to the stability of their entire world and how they perceive life and handle it and survive in it. Most people instinctively fight ferociously to protect a challenge to it if they've reasoned their beliefs as logical.

Personally, I don't think it should be about 'rolling over' and 'being the bigger man' or avoiding conflict by 'turning the other cheek'.

I think it should ideally be about people just recognizing that other people can hold beliefs that are offensive to your own, and recognizing that you probably hold beliefs that are offensive to them, and ultimately accepting that even if you're fundamentally against something, it doesn't mean you shouldn't respect their right to their own beliefs.

If both parties can manage that, then there shouldn't be any need for 'keep happy capitulation' or any of the sort.

Just the acceptance that you'll both go about your lives, doing what you think is right, and that they can still be your friend.

Defender
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2003, 09:26:48 am »

you are wise beyond your years girl. ~DEFIANT
AnonomouSpathi
*Many bubbles*

Spathi?  What spathi?  You're imagining, hunam.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2003, 09:52:30 am »

A windows memory editor is a generic cheat device for windows games.  A softwear piece that acts like a game genie or gameshark would for a console, searching through memory, finding specific values and changing them.  The one that springs to mind is called gamehack.
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2003, 12:52:28 pm »

Yay, a discussion that kinda involves me (again). Just addding to the discussion, I do agree with Primat. I have my beliefs, and you have yours D. that doesn't mean we can't get along just fine, even though we disagree on some matters. And this forum has survived much bigger arguments than the copyright ones, so do feel free to keep your beliefs intact. I for one, did not mean to impose anything on you, just give you a comparison to your way of thinking. I still believe I'm right, but hey, if I didn't, why would I have pushed that point? Wink

For the editor, there's a savegame editor over at PNF, you could just give yourself extra biocredits and buy the upgrades off the melnorme...

What's up doc?
Defender
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2003, 07:25:07 pm »

im using that one right now. it, to me, doesnt seem to have any place i can modify bio credits, just ru's. am i over looking something? ill go fire it up, but im sure i didnt see anything like that in the editor. ~DEFIANT hmmm...
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2003, 07:33:22 pm »

oops.  Embarrassed My bad, you can't add credits with it.

What's up doc?
Death 999
Global Moderator
Enlightened

We did. You did. Yes we can. No.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2003, 08:56:23 pm »

you are wise beyond your years girl. ~DEFIANT

She hasn't said how old she is... nor would I venture to guess.
Nic.

Email
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2003, 09:34:14 pm »

You could read her profile.  She's 23, and lives in L.A.  And it has to be true, as noone ever lies in their profile Smiley
« Last Edit: April 16, 2003, 09:37:15 pm by Nic. » Logged
Death 999
Global Moderator
Enlightened

We did. You did. Yes we can. No.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2003, 09:55:24 pm »

... oops.

Hey, Scott! You're in Pennsylvania too. Want to Supermelee some time?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2003, 09:59:06 pm by Death_999 » Logged
Kohr-Ah_Primat
*Smell* controller

Lady Marauder

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2003, 11:09:38 pm »

You could read her profile.  She's 23, and lives in L.A.  And it has to be true, as noone ever lies in their profile Smiley

Well, for the moment I'm visiting Toronto, Canada for a few months. So I guess you caught me in a 'lie' after all. *amused*

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length