The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:39:10 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  walkthrough
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: walkthrough  (Read 6699 times)
Ace

Email
walkthrough
« on: June 29, 2003, 09:02:22 am »

I saw that question about the slave shield and I was wondering where are the walkthroughs.
Shiver

Email
Re: walkthrough
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2003, 09:08:26 am »

Merlin, Mike, and Ace are all the same person. Quit screwing around like that. Now here's a walkthrough for you: http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/star_control_2.txt http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/game/11094.html

Use the bottom link if the top one decides not to work. There are two FAQs listed. The one by Morgan Schaeffer is better.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2003, 09:55:09 am by Shiver » Logged
Merlin

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2003, 09:19:58 am »

gee aren't we smart shiver and for your information it didn't work.
Diamon
Zebranky food

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2003, 09:37:53 am »

Actually I just checked the walkthrough info on the above URL.  I just finished the game yet again (very amusing game for some reason, must be the nifty music.  Smiley ) and can assure you that the method listed in the walkthrough for the device-thingy should work as stated, *IF* you did everything you were supposed to, like **KEEPING** the item from the Broken World, not selling it off to the Druuge.  And getting the info about the Children.  And all the rest.  Really, just play it.  I had hella fun playing it the first time I did, way back when it was a new release.  Smiley

Just play.  Follow the hints in-game and all is good.  The only thing in the game I couldn't see being obvbious is the Vux 'Linch-Nas-Poh' thingy.  That one's quite a trick to puzzle out.  I did get it though, and without a walkthrough even.  Strictly speaking, I don't even think that section is critical to the game really.  I've never tried without though.

Hmmm, maybe I'll try a new game and see how little I can do and still finish the game.  Smiley
AnonomouSpathi
*Many bubbles*

Spathi?  What spathi?  You're imagining, hunam.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2003, 11:12:41 am »

GAH!  That walkthrough screws up the Beta Brahe thing again.

This is another case of the tight-lipped Mycon mess up.  Sadly, neither the walkthroughs nor going through the game will remedy this problem, since every single walkthrough screws this part up, and since the conversation with the solution was removed from the 3DO version.

Now, if you followed that walkthrough above, you probably got to the part where you tell the Mycon at Beta Brahe about the planet, and they told you to leave, and did nothing.  Right?  Well, here's the problem - they should've said something akin to "We don't make those kind of decisions, go talk to the boss", but it didn't make it into the 3DO version, and thus didn't make it into UQM.  Another conversation that would've given you the co-ordinates of the planet where the bosses are was similarly cut.

So, sadly, you end up with no clue what you did wrong, no idea there were bosses unless you chanced upon them while mining, and are generally angry at people on messageboards.

Fortunately, I'm not a complete sadist, so instead of inviting you to go fly around Mycon space until you find those in charge, I'll suggest you  go pay the fungus lords a visit at Beta Copernicus I.  Tell -them- about the syreens little planet, then go back to the syreen.  Bring prophylactics so you can safely claim your reward  Grin
« Last Edit: June 29, 2003, 11:55:40 am by AnonomouSpathi » Logged
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2003, 03:46:50 pm »

Being nitpicky, as the påroblem has already been solved, the Mycon question is easily solvable. If memory serves me, the enswerto that problem is in the "FAQ read before posting!" thread that's stickied to the top of this page. Which I'm sure we all read before posting.  Tongue

What's up doc?
player1
Frungy champion

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2003, 08:17:29 pm »

Just play.  Follow the hints in-game and all is good.  The only thing in the game I couldn't see being obvbious is the Vux 'Linch-Nas-Poh' thingy.  That one's quite a trick to puzzle out.  I did get it though, and without a walkthrough even.  Strictly speaking, I don't even think that section is critical to the game really.  I've never tried without though.

Actually there are two other ways to gain the location.

Beware of SPOLIERS:

At the begining of the game when you find alone spathi at pluto, try to threaten him to give you location of his homewold.

Instead of his homeworld he'll give you location of the world with the beast (unfortunatley you'll need to fight him after that).

Other way:
Become theacher of Thraddash. If you reform their culuture in good way (read: no silly jokes), they'll later give you info about the world with the beast.
Nic.

Email
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2003, 08:24:10 pm »

Also:

If you're mapping Quasi-Space to Hyper-Space, (don't we all?), you'll notice that the leftmost portal on the Quasi-Space map pops you out right next to the system with the beast.  This is how I found the beast when I first played -- by accident.  Smiley
Chad
*Many bubbles*

PNF Webmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2003, 03:18:52 am »

Try this... though you'll need FilePlanet account...

http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/classicgaming/starcontrol/sc2/resource.pdf

Its the OFFICIAL hint book.

http://www.classicgaming.com/starcontrol/files/sc2.shtml

"...Dogar And Kazon Clack Their Mandibles Against One Another And Snicker With Amusement."
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length